“Location”

Ranked #44 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
Makati, Philippines
“Location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Working for this hotel is location as you will be right smacked at Mango Drive.
Space is big enough.

Please do not choose the single room without window. You will get an aircon that is very noisy and it does not cool the room. That will not be suitable if you want to have a good night sleep.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Korean first
Davao City, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Pros:cheap, clean, perfect location( a jeepney ride going to sto.nino, 3-10 mins walk to the ff:robinsons, crowne regency,casa verde, mango ave.) and safe.
Cons: no wifi in d room, NO Elevator for the elderly, some of the rooms facing/along the road is not conducive for sleeping, you really can hear d road...

Room Tip: Select rooms that are away from the road
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Skatemd
Cairns Region, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

A few steps away from Magellans Cross and the old churches. Easy to get a multicab to get around town - Mabolo, Mandaue, Uptown Cebu, etc. My husband and I rented a matrimonial suite and its worth thr money if youre gonna stay outside most of the time to tour the city. We paid 890 per night for a bedroom good for two. I'll rent the same hotel when we go back to Cebu.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank mynameiskrung
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed here for 3nights and I'm glad we always opt to stay here. I must admit that if you are someone who wanted to be near to everything, this is the place you would want to stay in. Though it is approx 45mins-1hour from the airport, It is not that difficult to find,you can ride a taxi from the airport and the fare will range from 250php -300php depending on the traffic. Since we wanted not to take taxi and ride jeepney to familiarize ourselves with cebu, it will always just take us 1 ride almost going everywhere, it only takes 1ride going to the following places:

-going to the san carlos university take the 4c jeepney
-going to sto.nino church take the 4c jeepney
-going to ayala mall take the 13b jeepney
-going to sm city take the 4c jeepney drop by san carlos university and again take the 14i jeepney

* 20mins taxi ride going to the bus terminal of buses that will take you to simala church (50-70php taxi fare)

From places going back to sampaguita suites

-from sto.nino church take the 6c jeepney
-from ayala mall take the 14d jeepney
-from sm city take the 14l jeepney going to ayala mall, and from ayala mall take the 14d jeepney

So far these were the places we went to riding a jeepney, if you are not sure whether which jeepney to take, the residents are very much accommodating to answer your queries. The hotel, since it is located in the downtown area, it is near to almost everything,

Walking distance places from sampaguita suites:

-Robinsons fuentes osmena branch
-7'11
-Jollibee
-Chowking
Mc Donalds
-Mercury Drugstore

And just below it there are drug store, a diner, a massage place, a travel agency and a dress boutique, so i just can't emphasize more how accessible the place is if you are just new to cebu like me and feeling taking the taxi will cost you much.

And oh, did I mention that the place is so affordable?! Only 999php for 2persons and 1,299php for three persons with 3 single beds. The staffs were also accommodating and smiling while very eager to assist you may it be with informations or hotel requests. I would definitely come back to stay the next time I'll visit cebu.

Room Tip: Inform the receptionist to assign you in a new room. Because the first time I stayed there they plac...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank samissy89
Davao City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

i felt good after i left the hotel due to various reasons: the hotel working people were so nice, accommodating and doing their respective tasks well from the front desk, bill boys, kitchen & house keeping personnel. My room is net & cleans and the air-conditioning is functioning well.
i am booking again for my next stay in this simple, affordable and best in location when your looking for good food & wonderful night life.
Surely am coming back to this hotel because its my favorite hotel for the past years as i enjoy life in cebu.
keep up the good work guys in doing business to me & to all your costumers coming out of cebu.
Don

Room Tip: the south side rooms are good for resting the night coz of the stillness it offers.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank don_dizon21
Cebu Island, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

The pros:
- Cheap
- Courteous staff, good service, accommodating front desk personnel
- Clean
- Very good location
- Decent rooms
- Parking

The cons:
- Towels situation
- No in-room Wi-Fi
- Cooking smell

This is my "go to" accommodation when I'm in Cebu. The reason is because of its great location-- It's right smack in the midtown area. Restaurants, malls, bars, clubs, massage, Chong Hua Hospital, Cebu Doctors Hospital, medical labs are just a few minutes walk away.

Second reason is the price. Their rates just can't be beat! Granted, they don't offer free breakfast, but frankly, free breakfasts at hotels are really nothing to write home about-- definitely not worth the extra 400 pesos or so you pay for the room rate that includes free breakfast. I'd rather use that amount to buy myself a really hearty breakfast at the many fastfood restaurants in the area.

Third reason is the property itself. It is clean. By clean, it doesn't only mean that it's properly maintained, but clean as in we've never seen cockroaches, roaches, rats, or lizards inside the premises or inside the room. Maybe we were just lucky but we've seen a huge rat at this global 5 star Hotel in Cebu; and a roach lazily walking on the mirror of our bathroom at this 5 star hotel in the midtown area.
The lobby is nice and big. It has a huge outdoor balcony, perfect for smokers. It's also nice to just sit on the bench at night and listen to the city traffic below.

Fourth, the staff. They are courteous and polite. They greet you when you pass by the lobby or when you cross paths in the hallway. The front desk personnel are also courteous and very accommodating. Very professional. The bellboys are the same. They look like they really love what they're doing.

The rooms are clean and decent. Some are small, some are long. There's the usual cable TV, aircondition, and water heater for the shower, but no Wi-Fi (they do provide free Wi-Fi for the guests at the lobby). Their deluxe rooms are nice and roomy too. I got the chance to be shown a room right beside the street area (Gen. Maxilom Avenue) but it wasn't for me, the vehicle traffic was just so hard to ignore. I prefer a windowless room that blocks out any light from outside and the traffic noise (I'm talking about you Room 232).

Now for the part that I liked the least. At random hours of the day, whether day or night, there permeates a "fried meat" smell all over the hallway and even inside the rooms! The smell can become so intense. Although I'm no vegetarian nor a Muslim, but I bet the intense smell of fried pork inside your room can be off-putting to some, and even be offensive to others. It certainly is off-putting to me, the meatlover that I am.

Another peeve of ours is the towel situation. Always, as in always, we never get any towels in the room unless we specifically ask for it from the front desk. So after we get back to the hotel, we go to the shower right away and find out too late that there's no towel! This is the only hotel we've ever been to--whether in Philippines, Asia or in Europe--that doesn't have towels ready unless we specifically ask for it.

Another minor inconvenience is the lack of in-room Wi-Fi. Gran Prix Hotel, the hotel right in front of Sampaguita Suites JRG has in-room Wi-Fi, but their rates are a little steeper. Like I mentioned, Sampaguita Suites JRG do provide Wi-Fi connection for the guests at the lobby. To their credit, the lobby is spacious and has plenty of places you can sit down and internet away.

All in all, the positives easily outweigh the negatives by a wide margin. The minor annoyances do not preclude us from going there again and again. Sampaguita Suites JRG is easily the best value for your money-- hands down.

Room Tip: If you like total darkness inside (i.e. room without a window), room 232 is it. I bet there are othe...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Wanderlusterus
Quezon City, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

very small room. no wi-fi at the room. i wish i did not book this.the location is not safe. the staff dont really know their location. i ask if we can just just from pier to them but they told us that it will be 10 mins by taxi from pier, we took a long time to find a taxi that day, we already walk far to find a taxi but when we found 1 and give the direction the driver almost reject us because the hotel is just a few mins walk only. . they dont deserved to call "SUITES"

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple