“Good Budget Hotel”
Review of Paragon Suites

Paragon Suites
Ranked #32 of 92 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed 7 December 2011

We stayed here for two nights for our Cebu-Bohol trip. It was not our first choice but because we did not make any reservation beforehand the options that we had in mind are already fully booked so a friend recommended this hotel and there's vacancy.

Pros:
-Cheap accomodation++ w/ free Bfast
-We were able to check in early because we arrive early from Bohol.
-Staff are nice and accommodating and security is always willing to assist you in getting a cab
-Good Wifi signal from our room and at the lobby
-Fridge
-Hot&Cold water dispenser on the lobby of every floor
-There's a bidet on the toilet (triple +++ as this is not common on hotels, well on the hotels we've stayed)
-Newspaper left on your doorstep every AM

Cons:
-You can easily tell that the hotel is old. You can smell it as soon as you enter the hotel and your room
-The room was not hotel standard clean (water stains on the shower area that can be easily cleaned is apparent, found an open sachet of shoe cleaner under the fridge)

Overall it was a good value for your money hotel

Room Tip: If available choose a room that's near the elevator/water dispenser I think that were the Wifi s...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Richilde

Reviewed 24 November 2011

I have stayed in this hotel twice, during a convention & when i we were stranded in cebu on our flight back from hk hehe. Their rates are very reasonable which includes breakfast already ( though serving is a bit long ) , a fridge and basic toiletries .Reservation's really easy & hassle free ( I made it over mobile, no deposit needed ). I credit their staffs for being nice,friendly and accommodating. There's a nice cozy coffee shop adjacent to it too that you must try. :) One thing that bothers me though is the lobby and parking area at night, not much lights are turned on which is unusual for a hotel right ? ;) But I may just add that the rooms assigned to us are really clean and bathroom's big which is good. :)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank mitzlizada0818
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I spent four days at paragon suites whilst in cebu on buisness & was very satisfied. I have stayed at many hotels in cebu city in the past & rate paragon as my prefered hotel of choice mainly due to affordability & the very friendly, accomodating staff. I believe some of the other reviews were a little harsh but you can't please everyone, although i do agree the couch in the lobby must be replaced, it's worn & outdated but that's no big issue. I also appreciated the water cooler in the hallway dispensing chilled fresh water whenever i wanted at no extra charge.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank oziboy33
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I stayed there for three days and it seems that the hotel is not well managed. Their lobby stinks like dried fish and their couch is really damaged you can see the foam popping out in it. haha! Yes they say its a home away from home because when you stay there its like your just in your house and nothing special the room is just simple and old and the shower always gets broken. And another thing is you can hear noises from the other room because its not a sound prof wall which will bother you every night hearing other peoples noise doing their thing which is so awkward and so you'll end up awake all night.

Room Tip: no room is good enough
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank anne c
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I stayed here for almost a week when I arrived at the place I was in doubt, the place was dark starting from the parking area up to the lobby and it creeps me. I don't have problem with the staff because they are all accommodating but the problem is they don't know how to groom theirselves especially the waiters their uniforms is so untidy they didn't even bother to iron it and another is there is this waiter who has long nails it is so improper. And another thing that annoys me they assured to me that there is an internet connection but until the day I checked out there is no internet. poor management.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank john h
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Paragon Suites is like a home away from home. Everytime i step out of the taxi, i feel so at ease and safe.The greetings from the guard, the alertness of the waiters to assist me with my luggage and the genuine smile of the frontdesks make me feel so light and relieved from stress. They all have happy faces, what can i say? The rooms are nice and equipped with good amenities. It has been proven also that the housekeepers are honest and trustworthy, One time i didnt notice that i left my ipod in the drawer and i had checked out already, i just got a call from the hotel that i left something in the room and im so grateful with what they did. Since then i became their regular guest and enjoyed my regular guest discount. It"s so nice that everytime i come back there it feels like im in my own house

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank prettyme83
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Stayed here with my Wife for 9 days. Staff were friendly and attentive. Great Security. Couldnt complain about the level of service provided. Rooms clean and tidy.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple