“Twice burned”

Ranked #77 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
Dumaguete City, Philippines
“Twice burned”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many many time do to the offstreet parking and location.
But have since decided to look for another place to stay in Cebu. Twice I had reservations
for certain size room with reasonable rates. These two times I was told even with reservations they only had bigger rooms at almost twice the rate. No discount, nothing either pay the higher rate or find another hotel. The breakfast was one egg and 3 slices of very very dry toast. Very hard to eat plus few hours later I was as sick as a dog. Two days of sitting in cr. As far as noise what can I say kids or young adults running and playing in hallway at 3am, phone ringing at end of hall all hours of the night and early construction next door.

Room Tip: If you want to save little try to book exective room is same as junior suite but without the little...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Patrick M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Krakow, Poland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

I've made a booking in this hotel by booking.com, and when I got there it occurred that they didn't know about it. So I had to wait in a hall for about half an hour... (why?)
Sorry - I have to write it - Ladies at the reception where terrible! Although you think they understand you - they don't! Everything we wanted from them lasted forever!
Rooms where average, no daylight. Windows only in the most expensive rooms.
There's a breakfast included, but don't expect much.
If I were to choose a stay in Cebu once more I wouldn't choose this hotel.

Room Tip: I've seen 3 rooms: 2 with no windows and 1 with windows facing a wall...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank hare_otoko

Travellers are raving about these Cebu City hotels

Makati, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2012

If not because of its location, i might give this hotel a poor review, but considering the price and the location, to be fair it scored average. Located in Fuente Osmena, very accessible, safe, near to bars and anykind of nightlife in cebu. Transportation is very easy, outside the hotel are taxis and jeepneys available. Don't expect too much of the room and the facilities, just think of how much you paid, very cheap. Staffs are quiet friendly. Didnt had the chance to taste their food. But when you're in Cebu don't miss the lechon and if you are the adventurous kind, try out "pungko-pungko" its fun way of eating street foods, youll also be amazed that doctors and nurses are also their eating with you, have fun.

Room Tip: Higer floor rooms get good view of Fuente Osmena
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank tom_herrera
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

The hotel meets expectations, and does not exceed them. It is basically the definition of what you should expect for the price. The location is really the key factor in whether or not you will enjoy your stay. If you want a convenient location, and you don't mind being harassed every time you step outside the hotel, you will be fine. If the harassment of people begging for money and trying to sell you garbage will upset you, don't stay anywhere on Fuente Osmena Circle. Once you get inside the hotel, you will feel safe and will not be bothered. Once you get to your room, though, you may be disappointed. It feels slightly dirty and the walls are extremely thin. All in all, it is just average, and fine for a night or two.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jon P
Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

Stayed in this hotel for one night in an economy room. The economy room was fairly clean and was located in the centre of the building. Hmmm? Centre of the building? Hence, there was a window which was way up high close to the ceillng and facing the corridor, which was something different :). The quietness was the advantage to this room. However, occasional noises from the other patrons passing through the corridor can also be heard.

I felt secure inside this hotel. The staffs were also friendly. What I like most about this hotel was the location. I think it was fantastic. Everything seems accesible like restaurants (eg: Chowking, McDonalds and KFC), shopping centres (eg: Robinson's which was just around the corner), public transport, etc.

Eventhough, this hotel seems old and needs a little bit of tender loving care. For a budget hotel. It is a good hotel!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank GSR4
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

It's a large hotel with lots of rooms. I have read some of the negative reviews but gladly my experiences differed. I stayed here on two seperate occassions and enjoyed my stay both times. The place is very secure. The double rooms were clean and spacious. The bathrooms were very clean too. I paid P1195 for a standard double room. You can probably find better deals elsewhere but for what you get it's pretty good value for money. Recommended.

Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Karlosky
LPC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

As tourists, we wanted to be where the action is, and knowing the Fuente Osmena is in the capital area, we decided to book a hotel here.

When we got off the cab, we were wondering if we were in the right place. A lot of vendors were sitting right in front of entrance and I didn't feel comfortable walking past them.

We entered the hotel and checked in. We were required 1000PHP deposit before we can go up our room. I was too tired AND hopeful that the rooms are at least "ok".

To my horror, I was greeted by a cockroach, bumped my head on a swinging closet door, appalled by the "grains" that are on the bed and the comfort room was so filthy I felt like barfing right there and then.

We then went out to find another hotel (Luckily we found Sampaguita right behing the hotel, past the alley with KFC beside it.). After about 30 minutes, we came back to check out and get our deposit back. Of course the receptionist asked us "why". We told her that the room was really dirty and that we talked about it and we decided that we really cannot stay there. She told us that "perhaps you got one of our cheaper rooms, that's why." Well, if that's your argument, Miss - then ALL your rooms should be attended to the same manner as you attend to the more expensive rooms!

I was exasperated to know that she will not give us back our deposit because we stayed more than 30 minutes already. If we didn't threaten that lady (I think we eventually spoke with the manager?), then we wouldn't get our money back. The 1K doesn't even compensate for the hassle that they have caused.

Avoid this shabby hotel!