Elegant Circle Inn
Cebu Grand Hotel(Cebu City)
US$51
US$105
US$65
US$130
US$63
St. Mark Hotel(Cebu City)
US$46
US$36
US$53
US$44
Agoda.com
All reviewscoffe shopmango squarewalking distancethe heart of the citypriced hotelcentral locationdeluxe roomfront officeother hotelsmallrobinsonnightlifefuenteratesbugsbudgettoiletries
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 September 2010

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights and 2 days. it was okay since we were out most of the time. We occupied the Executive Room. The room has 2 queen size beds (only 1 pillow per bed that made me uncomfortable since i usually would love to have 2), cable tv is quiet okay, mini ref, dresser, small round table about 60 cm in diameter with 2 chairs and a thermos a cordless kettle :-), large closet, 2 pairs of rubber slippers. The toilet was fine and clean. The only thing i don't like was there air-conditioning unit was old (manual) and it smelled a bit odd. But all in all, the stay was good, food was good....

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank THsexy
Reviewed 25 September 2010

After the horror of the Castle Peak Hotel, we left to get located a bit more centrally and trawled half a dozen places to find something suitable and within budget. It was a futile task as you only had two extremes in Cebu, pension style B & Bs in the early Ps 1 100s or "luxury" hotels kicking off at Ps 3 300, plus internet access on top.

The problem was that the standards were almost identical, the smaller places being quite good but the fancier joints being very dated, stale and worn around the edges. The foyers look good but the rooms were circa 1970.

In the end we plumped for the Elegant Circle Inn which looked seedy and was, but it had large rooms, was fairly clean and we only had to get through two nights.

Twin beds were firm, the pillows were average but the blanket and sheet set up was icky and not pleasant. Two chairs and a table which we utilised as a desk for the laptop were OK and we paid Ps 150 per 24 internet access which worked remarkably well. We were getting around Ps 68 to the GBP (£).

The room was light (poor curtains) but musty as the manual air con unit was well past its best before date. It smelt and was very noisy, so we had to switch it off at nights meaning it got hot.

The TV was excellent though and we had the standard 80 odd channels to choose from. The picture was good the remote control worked properly, which was a bonus.

The bathroom was clean with white tiles and the big walk in shower was also effective and had hot water. The toilet flushed well and was quiet and the sink was also functional. Not a bad bathroom at all.

Security felt poor (no safe) but nothing went amiss and the guards on the door were all friendly, if a little laid back.

For the cash you could do worse but it was not the most memorable of stays and sums up Cebu rather well. The next time we return (if we do) will be to pass through on the way to other islands with a beach.

As ever, pictures and more commentary can be found on our Blog, just Google "ktelontour".

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ktelontour
Reviewed 27 January 2010

its located at d center of city... all places a walking distance like
its quite cheap 999 for 2 persons
4. u get whole body massage at 120 bugs in happy hrs at d hotel

Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank PritamP
Reviewed 13 November 2009

I traveled to Cebu in October of 2009, going there to see my GF whom I had talked to for 18 months. Being this was my first trip there, I had no idea where to stay, so on the recommendation of someone my GF knew, we chose the Elegant Circle Inn. I'm glad we did. The people that work there made this a very enjoyable place to stay. The rooms weren't the Marriott, but they were clean and tidy. We saw a few ants, but otherwise, nothing in the main hotel. Part of that was probably my fault for leaving some fruit laying around, after all, this is the tropics. Everything in the room worked, and was serviced every day. The Cable TV worked great as well. There was wifi available in my room for a very reasonable charge, I never had trouble logging in, and it was reasonably fast. But what made this place good in my book was the people. The staff at the front desk was always helpful, the restaurant was great, meals cheap and delicious, the wait staff was great, plus there is a spa available in house if you want a massage. There was a car service if you want it, but out front there are a million taxis available. Someone will usually hail you one for 5 pesos, and you can ride most places in the city for less than 90 pesos, around 2 dollars american, and a lot of my rides were 60 to 70. The hotel is centrally located, and within walking distance to banks, all night fast food, and Robinson's Mall. Plus there is a park across the street if you want an early morning jog, and except for the beggars, people I saw were very friendly. All in all I had a great time there, and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ibobvt
Reviewed 10 August 2009

My husband and I visited Cebu for the 1st time and we've decided to stay here. Our stay there was quite pleasant. The front desk clerk was quite friendly. The room was ok. The only tiny problem was the ants. But all is fine, especially the housekeeping.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple