My family wanted to celebrate the Sinulog Festival, but then they have decided only a week before Sinulog, and this is the only Pension House that is vacant, as far as we know. So we reserved it, the staff was accommodating, they even bring our bags to the room, I was pretty shock that they did because most of pension houses' staff don't do that. The lobby was good, average space, clean, relaxing and accommodating. The family room is good for 4-6 persons, actually there were 5 of us who stayed in the room and it was spacious, all adults. Pretty bad that they don't have hot and cold water.. :( but for me, the comfort room/ bath room was okay, not so squeeky clean but standard clean is okay. The breakfast was very good! we didn't expect that they offer free breakfast, that was good, and we could even choose which food we wanted to eat... :) not like others that they already have set the breakfast, even if you don't like it. Anyways, that was good, the staff was accommodating even if it was busy days because the pension house was almost full. It is really good to have a cafe inside the pension house, so that whenever you wanted to eat something, it is already there, and they have a small variety of things that you could buy, like napkins and such. They offer free drinking water, hot and cold, that is a big plus... :)We super enjoyed our stay since they have a sinulog dance in the lobby and then they danced around the cafe, it was entertaining and we really could feel that it was Sinulog Festival... :) Though they have less parking, but we don't care much about parking, because when you go out from the pension house, there are taxis ready in front, very convenient, don't have to walk far to hail a taxi...over all my family was satisfied, and we have a senior citizen with us, and they have senior citizen discount too.. :) Good one!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Verbena Pension House soon to be transformed into Verbena Hotel to continue bringing you the comforts of a home. Verbena's drive towards uncompromising excellence in customer service and accommodation springs from a history that had become pivotal to this customer-focused business. Verbena had its humble beginning on May 3, 1976 as a small makeshift eatery. "Cozy Nook" was located in the garage of Engr. Pedro Urgello's duplex residence along "Verbena Street," hence its name today. It served mainly taxi drivers trying to get hearty comfort food to get them through their daily grind. The dishes fish head tinola and caldereta were among the top sellers that drew attention to its customers. Eventually, the reputation of good and affordable food reached office workers of establishments within its vicinity who later made the place their regular eating place. Its popularity grew to gain the moniker "Back Han Palace" since it was located behind the former Great Han Palace restaurant. The proprietor, Justina T. Urgello, an insightful businesswoman and wife of Engr. Pedro Urgello, shelled out a meager amount about P 1,170 as capital for her small eatery which paid off when business boomed even more. Ten years later, in 1986, Mrs. Justina Urgello loaned P 150,000 from the bank for the construction of a 3-storey lodging house. This came about after her desire to open a safe, clean and affordable boarding/lodging house for medical students of the neighboring medical school. Mission: We commit to continuously offer excellent, convenient accommodation as well as quality and decent customer services to our valued guests. Vision To be recognized as best Pension House in Queen City of the South-Cebu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Travel Book Philippines, Inc. and Cancelon so you can book your Verbena Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Verbena Pension House Hotel Cebu City
- Verbena Hotel Cebu Island/Cebu City