Have you ever been to an ancestral home turned into a bed and breakfast hotel? Welcome to Casa Escaño Bed & Breakfast! I finally had the chance to visit this small hotel in the center of Cebu City! A lot of my vacationing friends say they book at Casa Escaño because it gave them a “home away from home” feel.
When I stayed there last week, I was introduced to the Deluxe Standard Room. I was really delighted when I came in because it felt like our ancestral home in Negros Oriental. The furniture, bedding, lighting, and even the television felt nostalgic – not that I’ve already lived that long!
The staff were friendly and offered us mango shakes as welcome drinks. They were also so kind to accommodate my requests such as additional ice buckets, water, etc. I brought a wine for the night and relaxed until I feel asleep. I almost did not catch breakfast because I woke up really late!
Casa Escaño is also VERY WELL KNOWN for their breakfast treats. If you want to know what I had, click this link. Be ready for some mouth watering dishes!
Recommendations for this hotel:
1. Telephone. There was no means to call the front desk because our room did not have any telephone. This should be added for convenience.
2. Mosquitoes. There were a couple of mosquitoes in our room. The surrounding was very clean but because it’s an ancestral home, it requires a lot more to keep the pests away.
3. Better foot towels. The foot towels we had was like a body towel cut with a dull pair of scissors. It did the job but didn’t look very presentable.
4. Power outlets. Having only one power outlet is hard, especially if there are two of you in the room. Plus, it was not near the bed making it hard to keep your phones close to you when charging.
For more info: http://gleefultravels.com/casa-escano-review/
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Escano is an ancestral home converted to a bed & breakfast. Casa Escano has a 11 rooms, one family room good for four guests, 2 superior rooms good for 3 guests, 4 deluxe rooms good for two guests and 4 standard rooms good for 1 guest. Casa Escano has a rustic, homey environment, quiet and free from the hustle and bustle of traditional hotels. We also have ample parking good for 40 vehicles. Total square footage of the property is 2000 square meters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Asiatravel.com Holdings, Evoline ltd, Travel Book Philippines, Inc. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Casa Escano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Escano Hotel Cebu City
- Casa Escano Cebu Island/Cebu City