“CASA ESCAÑO BED & BREAKFAST: PRESERVING HERITAGE WITH STYLE”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Casa Escano

Casa Escano
Ranked #22 of 76 Cebu City B&B and Inns
Cebu Island, Philippines
“CASA ESCAÑO BED & BREAKFAST: PRESERVING HERITAGE WITH STYLE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Have you ever been to an ancestral home turned into a bed and breakfast hotel? Welcome to Casa Escaño Bed & Breakfast! I finally had the chance to visit this small hotel in the center of Cebu City! A lot of my vacationing friends say they book at Casa Escaño because it gave them a “home away from home” feel.

When I stayed there last week, I was introduced to the Deluxe Standard Room. I was really delighted when I came in because it felt like our ancestral home in Negros Oriental. The furniture, bedding, lighting, and even the television felt nostalgic – not that I’ve already lived that long!

The staff were friendly and offered us mango shakes as welcome drinks. They were also so kind to accommodate my requests such as additional ice buckets, water, etc. I brought a wine for the night and relaxed until I feel asleep. I almost did not catch breakfast because I woke up really late!

Casa Escaño is also VERY WELL KNOWN for their breakfast treats. If you want to know what I had, click this link. Be ready for some mouth watering dishes!

Recommendations for this hotel:

1. Telephone. There was no means to call the front desk because our room did not have any telephone. This should be added for convenience.

2. Mosquitoes. There were a couple of mosquitoes in our room. The surrounding was very clean but because it’s an ancestral home, it requires a lot more to keep the pests away.

3. Better foot towels. The foot towels we had was like a body towel cut with a dull pair of scissors. It did the job but didn’t look very presentable.

4. Power outlets. Having only one power outlet is hard, especially if there are two of you in the room. Plus, it was not near the bed making it hard to keep your phones close to you when charging.

For more info: http://gleefultravels.com/casa-escano-review/

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mary N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I often stay here during my cebu trip.
The room is clean and cozy. Shower room is large enough and comfortable.
Restaurant is also nice.
Location is convenience but a little far from air port.
Cebu city is not resort area so if you demand beautiful sea or nature, you may not satisfy.

Though I have stayed many hotels in cebu, i can recommend here having good value.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank tearsandbrownsugar
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

I love the concept of Casa Escano, as an old house turned into a hotel, it has a character and have more 'at home' feeling than a regular one. It's the main reason why I picked this hotel.

We were greeted by smiling staff as we unloaded our bikes and other gear from the recently concluded XTerra Philippines Off-Road Triathlon Championships held in Liloan. The very welcoming attitude among the hotel employees make us feel at home right away. They are very pleasant, friendly and will try to make you comfortable. Check-in is really quick, we were directed to our room within minutes. Staffs are well-informed so all you have to do is ask.

The family suite has big and cozy beds, with clean linens and towels and lots of pillows. A very comfortable place to take a rest and relax after such a grueling race.

The buffet breakfast is nice with more than enough choices and the coffee great. We had the chance to taste their offering for lunch too. There are other restaurants nearby if you want to try something else.

Location is excellent, a very convenient short taxi ride to Ayala Centre. You can also reach the Redemptorist Church easily by either taxi or by walking for one's spiritual need. It's is surprisingly quiet and a cozy atmosphere being located at the middle of the city.

Couple of things I missed is the in-room telephone where you can easily call if you need something to be delivered to your room; and the late night / early morning staff to cater to your need. Service is great but I can't give the full mark because of this. But it's OK as our early morning (4am) departure to catch an early morning flight to Hong Kong was pre-arranged accordingly and was handled pretty well by the guard on duty.

By the way, WIFI is not stable inside the room, you need to go out to the corridor to get some signal.

Will definitely consider to stay again in this place next time I'm in town.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Beijing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

This is an excellent Bed and Breakfast, with clean comfortable rooms, an excellent staff and delicious food (I had the burger for dinner and it was incredible). Package this with a convenient and safe area (less than 10 minutes from Ayala Mall) and a budget friendly prices, and this place is a hit. I will definitely stay here next time I am in Cebu.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Casa Escano is Excellent! The rooms are very comfortable, the staff was beyond measure and the food was delightfully good! I loved how the staff went the extra mile to make sure I was not only comfortable and taken care of on the property but also off the property. From booking tours to booking airline tickets and even hailing a cab and making sure the cab driver knew where I wanted to go. This was a major plus for me! The restaurant food and staff where beyond measure too. I loved the experience of waking up being greeted by wonderful warm faces and enjoying a delightful breakfast. You must try their fruit salad and fresh squeezed orange juice!! I had great wifi reception and had no issue with my belongings when I left the room unattended for several days at a time! I would highly recommend this place for stay and if I ever returned to Cebu, you can bet I will stay at Casa Escano.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CharlesH81
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

I had a very comfortable one month stay at Casa Escano. The staff was extremely service-minded and went out of their way to assist me. The internet connection was stable. The food was affordable, and there were plenty of other restaurants nearby.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Linda N
jedco, Owner at Casa Escano, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Dear Linda N,

We appreciate & thank you for your review on Casa Escaño. We are also glad that you enjoyed your stay & were made comfortable throughout.

A Blessed Christmas & Blissful New Year to you & your family !

Jimmy :)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

We just finished the second half of our family vacation at this property. The staff is just wonderful - I can not say enough about how lovely every individual that worked at this property was. The hotel was immaculate and well taken care of. Very generous accommodations. The rooms were also great! Highly recommend staying here! All in all we had a great time and we hope to go again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family