La Guardia Hotel
Cebu Grand Hotel(Cebu City)
US$53
US$58
US$140
US$102
Agoda.com
Radisson Blu Cebu(Cebu City)
US$212
US$169
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Upon arriving to Cebu, we contacted the called the "hotel" and made a reservation for Deluxe Room. We were happy to learn that the room is available and that it's cheap. When we're told by the taxi driver that we reached the place. I was very doubtful at first since the surrounding seems dirty. Felt like in Old Manila. Anyway, we went in and checked-in. The receptionist is a bit rude and don't know how to handle inquiries and sorts, she told us that the Deluxe is not available. So weird since we just contacted her on our way, it's just less than 2 hours ago. Anyway, good thing the "Standard Room" is available and it's on the 4th floor. Much cheaper and the room is big. I don't have any complaints whatsoever. We checked-out early anyway since we're going to Kawasan Falls.

After that trip, we we're so lazy to check for another budget hotel so we just checked-in there again. The Standard room is not available so we checked in "Deluxe" instead. It's on the 2nd floor and upon arriving in that room. It's too noisy and just doesn't feel right. We contacted the reception and asked for another room in another floor. We just paid the difference for "Deluxe Twin" in the 3rd floor and just combined the two beds together.

The 1st time in the hotel is fabulous but the 2nd time seems annoying. During our second time, we experienced the black out. It's so hot. I guess the room in the 4th floor which we stayed is their best room.

Anyway, it's very cheap and is very accessible. Room boys are nice, the receptionist aren't.

We checked in

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank olabonita04
Reviewed 7 December 2010

Rats, rats everywhere!
Very bad experience we had. when it's brown-out (no electricity) in the hotel, yes they have a generator, but the one that they on is the fan only. aircon and lights are not on. have to wait for the electricity to come back. we tried to back-out and look for other better hotels. we were refunded half of the room rate. we choose La Guardia hotel to relax with a cheaper price. and their website shows nice room photos. you should not believe in everything nice you see on the internet. photos can be deceiving.
not a good location, noisy, and dirty place. i saw two rats running from the bathroom to the bed under it. how could i sleep well in the night thinking about the rats might step or pass by on top of me? how could i keep some food in the room with these rats?

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mich070
Reviewed 13 August 2010

When my bf and I looked for this hotel, we were a bit anxious because the area was truly SEEDY. Although the website of La Guardia admits this up front, we didn't expect it to be THAT seedy. It felt like we were in the middle of a wet market. However, for the price of P700 per night, who were we to complain? And take note, P700 per night is already the cost for their most expensive room!

Upon entering the lobby, we were pleasantly surprised to find everything clean and slightly sophisticated. The room was also clean although the aircon wasn't that strong. Plus the bathroom wasn't cleaned thoroughly because the floor was still wet. All those things would've been all right had it not been for the STREET NOISE. We absolutely could NOT SLEEP that night!! The noise from the street was terrible! If ever you book in this hotel, try to request for a room inside and not the one facing the main road.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank cyndeeicasas
Reviewed 26 July 2010

I was a bit apprehensive, after the last visitor's report but thought it was worthwhile to check it out the next day of my stay in Cebu.I stayed at a pension house further towards uptown on my first night and found La Guardia value for money.It was as expected from the other favorable visitors' writeup. Outside of the hotel, the place is messy and disorderly but fascinating in its own way.Inside, the hotel is neat clean and staff friendly.In fact most cebuanas are friendly people compared to Manila or Clark areas.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank wcfong
Reviewed 9 June 2010

Me and my husband went to Cebu last May 29-June 1, 2010. I've booked in La Guardia hotel weeks before we went there coz I saw in the internet that they have cheaper room rates. I called for reservation and the person who answered my call said that he got a room reserved for us on the 29th. When we got there, THERE WAS NO ROOM AVAILBLE! The lady at the front desk said that check in time is 2pm and there is no available room yet. But during my reservation I wasn't informed so I asked if we could leave our bags and be back at 2pm but the lady was so arrogant to say they don't allow it. I asked if why they accepted reservation when there's no room available. She answered in a very arrogant and sarcastic tone of voice. So me and my husband was pissed. We left and looked for another hotel, glad I've reserved two hotels just in case of situations like this. We didn't come back at all. She didn't offer any seat or something when in fact she knew that we just arrived with all our luggages. Good thing I was thinking that she couldn't be the one to ruin our trip so we just left. But one thing I could say, I DON'T RECOMMEND THE HOTEL! THEY DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple