“I am glad I stayed at the hotel after checking it out.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Guardia Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cebu City
La Guardia Hotel
Ranked #78 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
singapore
“I am glad I stayed at the hotel after checking it out.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2010

I was a bit apprehensive, after the last visitor's report but thought it was worthwhile to check it out the next day of my stay in Cebu.I stayed at a pension house further towards uptown on my first night and found La Guardia value for money.It was as expected from the other favorable visitors' writeup. Outside of the hotel, the place is messy and disorderly but fascinating in its own way.Inside, the hotel is neat clean and staff friendly.In fact most cebuanas are friendly people compared to Manila or Clark areas.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank wcfong

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Iloilo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2010

Me and my husband went to Cebu last May 29-June 1, 2010. I've booked in La Guardia hotel weeks before we went there coz I saw in the internet that they have cheaper room rates. I called for reservation and the person who answered my call said that he got a room reserved for us on the 29th. When we got there, THERE WAS NO ROOM AVAILBLE! The lady at the front desk said that check in time is 2pm and there is no available room yet. But during my reservation I wasn't informed so I asked if we could leave our bags and be back at 2pm but the lady was so arrogant to say they don't allow it. I asked if why they accepted reservation when there's no room available. She answered in a very arrogant and sarcastic tone of voice. So me and my husband was pissed. We left and looked for another hotel, glad I've reserved two hotels just in case of situations like this. We didn't come back at all. She didn't offer any seat or something when in fact she knew that we just arrived with all our luggages. Good thing I was thinking that she couldn't be the one to ruin our trip so we just left. But one thing I could say, I DON'T RECOMMEND THE HOTEL! THEY DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank xzhilej

Travellers are raving about these Cebu City hotels

Metro Manila
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2010

Service: Prompt and honest. A little too helpful at first, because even if I only had a small luggage bag I could handle myself, two of the bellboys accompanied me to the room, so they had to share the tip. =) I was impressed later on during checkout, when the staff checking my room rushed downstairs while I was claiming my deposit to give back the sunglasses I'd left behind. The staff are young and energetic, while the receptionists can be cheerful or just bland, depending on how late it is into their shift. They are all polite though, and answered my questions adequately.

Room: I stayed in the standard room, since the receptionist told me the only available Deluxe room was on the noisy side of the building. Corners of the room were still dusty, and I may have found a couple of hairs that weren't mine on the bed. I say "may" because I found them only after I'd lain down and they were too short to be mine, but the moral is, when in doubt, to request for a change of linen if possible. The shower has commercial sachets of shampoo and usual tiny bars of soap, with two bath towels on a rack, and one roll of tissue paper. I had to turn on the shower heater myself. No free toothbrush, toothpaste or bedroom slippers, but at P550 per night, this is to be expected. There is a closet with a shelf, a mirror with a table and a monobloc chair to sit on, and a tv. The aircon worked fine. At night, I could overhear the tv in the next room playing.

Amenities: No restaurant or gym. Their massage services may be done "in the comfort of your room" and you can buy a wifi card, though I found it expensive. Food and drinks are available at the reception area. I don't recall if they offer laundry and ironing services.

Location: It is situated along downtown Cebu, with Chowking and Jollibee fast food eateries nearby. Beside an appliance store and above a travel agency (I think), once you step outside you can eat a stick of isaw, sample some balut, enjoy halo-halo, buy pirated dvds, surf at a 24hr internet cafe for P20/hr, and purchase those slippers and hygeine products you thought the hotel would provide at the nearby Gaisano Mall. In other words, a hotel that's easy on the pocket in a well-suited location.

I did not feel all that safe at first, either outside or inside the hotel, since the hotel posts very clear signs not to leave valuables in the room and to deposit it instead with the front desk, and I read a news article where the mall near the hotel was robbed a year or so ago, but as I mentioned, my experience is that the staff are honest (about sunglasses, at least) and outside the hotel, the commercial establishments have security guards and there are traffic enforcers at the busy intersection, so just keep your wits about you.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Semi-ambivalent
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2010

I booked this hotel months before our actual travel, so I was able to avail of the old/discounted rate (550). And although I had to make reservation changes (addition and sked changes) during a time when they already had higher rates, I was still given the old and cheaper rate. The staff replies to email promptly (thanks, Yen!).

When we arrived in front of the hotel, the outside environment was a little unflattering. It was located in a crowded area, not one you would expect for a hotel location. But when we got inside the hotel, our initial impressions were reversed. The interior of the hotel was orderly and clean, and there was a receptionist at the front desk who accommodated us. A 300 pesos deposit is required per room, but that is refunded during check out (minus expenses incurred like phone calls).

The room given to us was also very clean, with double beds, a big TV with cable, big bathroom with hot and cold shower, telephone, extra space and hangers for our clothes, and toiletries. When we had to ask for hot water (we bought coffee packets with us), the service was also fast.

The only hassle (but only a little hassle) we had was during check out when we had to wait at the front desk while the receptionist sent one of the personnel back to our room to inspect that everything was in order. Maybe we should have informed them about our check out time in advance to avoid the hassle.

They also have wifi, but their wifi cards are expensive - P100 pesos for one hour (expiration of the card is after 24 hours). That's not a problem with me, though, because I had my broadband (although the second time we checked in, there was no signal for my broadband and very little signal for our mobile phones - maybe it was the room given to us).

Overall, La Guardia offers a nice stay at a very affordable price. I'm not sure why it's not known to many in the area (twice we had to ask a taxi driver to bring us to La Guardia, and at both times, the drivers were not familiar with the place). And its unflattering location proved to be beneficial in the end because it's near malls and other public places.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank TheProvinceGirl
mandaluyong city
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2010

I'm a Cebuana who is now based in Manila and I go home about 2 - 3 times a year and everytime, I stay in La Guardia Hotel.

Although the front desk people are not so courteous or nice, I still prefer to stay here. Nothing can compare to their rates. I can even say that I get more for what I pay.

Php600 (about $13), clean airconditioned rooms, hot & cold shower, clean bathrooms!, 21 in cable TV, nice clean sheets everyday! and big beds!

and everything is so accessible, You wouldnt expect such amenities in the heart of downtown cebu...

all i can say it's the city's best kept secret. :)

• Liked — value for money
  • Disliked — front desk
  • Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank gothichique
Venice, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2010

I came from Palawan to Cebu City and had to spend two days there before flying back to Italy. I read the reviews on this site to search for a low-budget hotel in cebu city centre which could suit my taste: cheap but -clean- (not easy in the Philippines), -comfortable- and possibly -silent-.

After two hours of reviews reading and checking different hotel websites, comparing their different qualities, my final choice fell on Hotel LaGuardia.

Strange but true, this hotel was listed on tripadvisor, but without any comments at all. That scared me a bit, but after checking their website I felt myself 90% sure about making the right choice: very nice photos, incredibly low prices (600 Pesos, less than 10 Euros for a double room)

So I finally arrived to this hotel, a bit unsure about what I might find and afraid of being disappointed.

Well, not only i was not disappointed, but I was really positively surprised by the beauty and the comfort and the silence of the structure. Everything had been recently renewed, so I had the impression that the price was too low for what you get. I have been travelling for 2 months around Philippines and have stayed at many low-budget hotels or pensions. This was one of the best and the cheapest hotels, especially if you consider that you are in the centre of town.

The bed was very comfy, pillows also, and the room - besides being very big, had a TVset, Aircon, a brand new bathroom/toilets, with hot shower.

All this for 500 Pesos (promo fare)!!!

Enjoy your stay!

#45 of 322 in Cebu Island
Cebu Century Hotel
Cebu Century Hotel
#54 of 76 in Cebu City

Been to La Guardia Hotel? Share your experiences!