“Dirtiest place to stay in!”

Roseate Pensione House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cebu City
Roseate Pensione House
Ranked #29 of 82 Cebu City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 October 2011

I shall never recommend this place ever! We stayed here for a night and it was so terrible! First, we arrived there at 1:30 pm. The lady receptionist was so uncourteous as she was busy surfing the internet. She checked for my reservation and yes, we had a reservation. I was so surprised when the receptionist called a room boy and asked him to clean the room. She then told us to wait FOR A MINUTE at the lobby. So okay, we waited for more than 30 minutes! Not to mention, it was so damn hot since the lobby has no airconditioner. I even went to the convenience store nearby just to kill the time expecting that the room would be good once I get back. I was informed through email that the check-in time is 1:00pm. Hello? It's already 2pm! Then, the receptionist handed us the room key and she said that the room boy was waiting on the second floor. Our room was beside the Fire exit. It was so small and it's as if you cannot breathe inside the room because of it was DUSTY everywhere. Once you run your finger through the table, you can really see a thick formation of dust! The floor was so wet since it was just mopped like seconds ago! The bathroom was so small and you can see that the toilet seat was dirty. I even wiped it with tissue paper and alcohol. The worst part is, THERE IS A GUM (CHEWED BUBBLE GUM) ON THE HEADBOARD OF THE BED. I was so devastated! GROSS!!! Also, the towels and blanket were so dirty. Good thing, we brought our own towels. I've been traveling with my boyfriend across the country but I haven't experienced this one. Plus, their "free breakfast" is such a joke! Really!! Danggit and Bangus were not available. So you just have to pick one among corned beef, ham or 2 tiny longganisa. We should have eaten in Mcdo across the street. During our check-out, the receptionist didn't even thank us for staying in their extremely distressing pension house. This is the WORST pension house , ever!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank khymmmm

Reviewed 10 August 2011

I learned about Roseate Inn through a travel forum. We gave it a shot since it was affordable. We arrived earlier than check in time but accomodated us anyway. We also asked the front desk if we can take our breakfast for lunch that day since we are scheduled to leave at 5am the next day. They gladly obliged and we were grateful for the favor. Because we have to travel to Bantayan, we also asked for a favor to leave our heavy stuff so that we can enjoy our trip. They also agreed to take he favor. It was sure a great experience.

Room Tip: rooms are a bit tiny
  • Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank sweetchick03
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Stayed here for a day or two I think but was not happy about it. I wanted a single room but the person I talked to said it's no longer available. When I looked around there weren't that much people. I felt strongly that the person lied just so I could pay more. The room also that I was given has no window which made me feel like I'm in a dungeon. I left and transferred to another affordable pension house in less than 48 hours.

Room Tip: Don't be fooled w/ room availability. Choose the room with windows. If there's none availabl...
  • Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank spidan
Reviewed 6 March 2011

Absolutely NOT recommendable. I am traveling with my wife to the Philippines since 1995 and never ever something like this happend. We arrived at 30.01.2011 there. When we stayed in one roon and just wanted to change the room to another one beside, we went out. When we came back to the new room, I found that my camera Canon 450d was stolen. We called the police at Fuente Police Station. As of that we lost 2 days there. 5 guys from the police came by for investigation. All was recorded on CCTV. We left "without" the camera as we could see on CCTV. You can see that the hotel boy transferred all our luggage from one into the other room. After he was finished on the video you can see that he is carrying a white towel over the arm and suddenly and only short you can see something black. Towels are WHITE. I am so pissed off. A major also came by with whom I am in contact. We reported it to the criminal office. What I hated is that the Manager lady put herself of the side of the employee NOT their guests. Horrible. I know I will never ever see one cent of my nice Canon worth more than 500 Euro. I am just warning youo ! Bad reputation for the Philippines.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank zcarm
Reviewed 4 March 2011

Location is pretty central, near restaurants and main road and attractions. Dirt cheap deluxe rooms as low as Php 1,200, but i'd probably shell out more money to get better accommodations. Room is pretty small, bathroom is small as well. They say they can fit 3 people in a deluxe room--if you're willing to have 90% of the room turned into sleeping quarters. Room has a smell and had to finish off half a perfume bottle to drown it out.

Other guests are at home with the facility so don't be surprised if people in undies or nighties walk around.

Free breakfast is a bit of a joke. Portions are small but hey, it's free!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank AdaTheExplorer
Reviewed 17 September 2010

Placed a reservation days before my stay. I did not get any confirmation through e-mail so I sent them a text message. They replied to me after a few minutes. But when I asked them a follow-up question through SMS, it took them hours before they replied. Outsiders enter and go as they please since the security guard downstairs does not ask any questions, nor the receptionist. I asked her for directions on how to get to Ayala and she said that she did not know. It was a good think another receptionist, a guy, was there and he was able to answer my question. But when I asked them how I could get back, they both answered that they did not know. Which was surprising since they both looked like they're from the city as well.

Upon arrival I was greeted by the most unpleasant person (a lady receptionist) I have met during my trip in Cebu. No greetings, just asked my what I wanted and handed me a piece of paper to write down my info. I told her that I will only be staying for a night and she made this "tsk" sound to show me that she was pissed because she still had to make that effort of erasing my name from their booking record. I guess you get what you pay for. The room boy who showed me to my room was courteous and made sure that my tv was working. He would always greet me in the hallway and would always smile.

The room was a standard single room. It could accommodate up to two. It takes an hour before the room gets cold. My room was near the fire exit which the wifi signal did not reach. I was not able to double check on the bathroom before I headed out so, to my surprise, when I came back, the toilet had tissue inside the bowl and some remnants of poop. Plus, the ledge on the mirror, had a strand of hair that looked like "hair down there". It was really gross! I did not have the time to call up the front desk and complain about it since I needed to use the toilet so badly. I cleaned it up myself. I run hot water over it and flushed several times. It took me 5 minutes so I was sure that it was clean enough, for the meantime. After I took a bath, I called up the front desk and complained about the toilet. The guy who answered said that the room boy might have forgotten to clean the bathroom. I did not even hear an apology. I had to ask him what he was going to do. After 5-10 minutes, a room boy knocked on my door and informed me that he was going to clean my toilet. I felt bad for him since he was not supposed to be cleaning toilets at night. He was also nice.

When I checked-out, it was the same receptionist who was at the front desk. I just told her I was going to check out and she called one of the room boys to check on the room. I also needed to pay for the coffee I ordered and when I did not have any small change to pay for it, she again showed me that she was pissed by asking angrily, to the person she was talking to to on the phone, to get change for my one-hundred peso bill. It was already near lunch time and she did not have even coins or twenty peso bills.

The location is okay since fuente osmena circle is a stone's throw away. There's a convenience store and grill restaurant beside it. It's also easy to get a cab.

I really regretted staying at Roseate, it was a waste of money. There are still other pension houses in Cebu. It would be best to check on the pension house you're interested in before you pay.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank nijyusan
Reviewed 26 November 2009

I traveled with my family in cebu last nov 23 in cebu. I just made a last minute reservation online in this pension. I didn't expect anything but i was surprise to see location. It's in downtown area near ATM machine, churches, etc. It's really affordable because room rates include free breakfast. I got the Family room with paranomic view.

We didn't have have a chance to eat breakfast because we leave early in the morning for city tour. When the front desk call us to take our order. Our city tour driver called us to inform us that we're ready leave for our whole tour. Coffee is quite pricey but all in all i will recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family