“Not the best budget hotel...”
Review of Hotel Pier Cuatro

Hotel Pier Cuatro
Ranked #39 of 91 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed 23 September 2013

First thing you notice is a big nice lobby, which really is a great one. The staff is also wonderful, kind and helpful. There is a nice restaurant in the lobby where the food is ok. Breakfast didn't impress any of us though. If you want to eat at another restaurant you will have to take a taxi, because of unsafe neighbourhood.

Our first impression of the rooms was actually quite nice. It's clean and fresh. Even though our room was small and had no view. There is a window, but it's facing some kind of hole in the building from where the aircon is based and also were the shower air goes out. Observe that only the superior room has window, none of the standard/deluxe rooms. The walls are as thin as paper. We could hear our neighbours talk, move, watching TV as it was in our own room. The aircondition was really loud and was blowing directly to our faces in the bed.

They offer laundry to the guests, but you have to pay a lot for EACH item (40-160php), when laundry service at for example SM costs 35php/kg.

We've been warned about cars with fixed prices and the guard insisted that we should take one of them, even though they were twice as expensive as a regular one. This has not happened in any of the other hotels that we've stayed at.

I really wanted to rate this hotel higher because of the travler's choice and we tried it for three nights, but it didn't impress. Worth to mention is that my boyfriend was more ok with the hotel than me. We have tried 5 hotels in Cebu city and all of the others were better than this and most of them cheaper as well. If you're looking for a budget hotel for just sleeping, near SM and the pier this might be it, but otherwise I would say that are better alternatives in this price range.

Room Tip: Only superior room has a window.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sandra K

Reviewed 21 September 2013

After a 2.5hrs.delay and 3hrs.rough and bumpy ride at fast craft from tagbilaran, twas very windy then (coz of typhoon Odette) 09/20/2013, we went straight to Hotel Pier Cuatro, and welcomed by three iced cold glasses of orange juice, twas very REFRESHING for us esp.for my 2girls. But then we need to wait for another 20mins.before we could get in our room, coz they're still cleaning it, so no chance for us to leave immediately to watch the 3P.M. sched. of Mickey's Magic Show. Ordered late lunch from their cafeteria, mine was lomi and the girls' philly cheese steak. The attendant forgot to inform me, that their lomi is good for 3adult person, but offered that they could keep leftover in their fridge and reheat it whenever i want to. I decided to eat it for my dinner at 9:30, yep! the bowl is hot but the lomi is NOT! So I hope nxt time, the server could able to check it first. And I would suggest for additional wall outlet in your room, 1 is not enough, aside from the outlets where you plug the t.v and cable. And I really dn't like the smell of your sprayed air freshener (smells like pure fabcon.) it would be better to use lysol or glade crisp linen scent.
But overall everything is nice, the staffs are very warm and friendly, even the security guards are attentive. Breakfast buffet are great too! Worth recommending for others and will surely come back in here. Keep it up guys!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank mumavie
Reviewed 17 September 2013

The hotel is next to Pier 4, where the ferry leaves. While the lobby is spacious, the rooms aren't. Clean but small and not very comfortable. Breakfast is ok, and there is a bar, too, but I didn't went there. Taxi in front of the hotel can bring you around, specially at night. Don't walk around at night. There was a power outage for 6 hours and the hotel has no emergency power system. At least we got 10% discount on the rate, after insisting...

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shams00
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I stayed here for a couple of days in August and I found the stay to be pleasant. The hotel is ideally located (close to the Pier 4) and 20 min walk from the Mango Square. The room was small and tidy. The bed and pillow was not comfy at all. Had a neck sprain when i woke up! Room Service was swift. All the rooms are non-smoking rooms. They have a separate smoking area in the 4th floor I guess. Completely enjoyed the buffet breakfast. This hotel is located opposite to the Club ARENA and so it gets noisy at nights.
Overall, a pretty decent budget hotel.

Room Tip: Room on the high floor are less noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I don't regret to recommend to our company to have our training in Hotel Pier Cuatro.

I stayed last 2012 for two nights and it satisfies my expectation despite of being a budget hotel. Free shuttle from Cebu Port, breakfast and convenient rooms. But above all, all staffs are courteous, approachable, hospitable and accommodating. They made you smile despite your not in good mood. Applause to the management for the good training for their staffs.
Good for single and group travelers who wants to save accommodation but wants a convenient and satisfying service.

When our company utilized their services, I was surprised that they even return the excess amount from our contract, which is rare compared to others. I highly recommend Hotel Pier Cuatro for holding conferences, training's, and other events or occasions.They have all the facilities and materials needed! In fact, our admin staff said "hindi ako binigyan ng problema ng Hotel Pier Cuatro". We even allowed to stay in the social hall late at night for our preparations.

It was a good decision for me to recommend this hotel! Thanks to Ms Rizza , all staffs at the conference hall (5th Floor) last September 5-7, 2013 and Kuya Jelo stationed at the bar...

Cheers!
Looking forward to return to the hotel.

Room Tip: Good for holding events and travelers from Pier 1-4 or wish to go to Sto Nino Shrine.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Staff are all customer service oriented especially Anna of Front Desk, Flor of Housekeeping, F&B assistants, and security personnel. Room rates are very reasonable for us budgeters. Breakfast are not so sumptous but since it is for FREE, it makes it attractive. Worship songs every morning make your day right! I suggest to have your TVs flatted so that we can enjoy more to watch movies in cable channels. :)Please make your pillows more comfortable. :) Thank you for your warm hospitality!

• Stayed: September 2013
Thank cha.tungol
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Really had a great time staying in this hotel with my friends. The location is very accessible specially for those who are transient and backpackers. Room rates are reasonable enough with a very good customer service from the staff who are very friendly and accommodating. Foods are great at a very affordable price, I would really say that its worth the money you paid for.

To all travelers who are looking for a nice, clean, affordable and decent place to stay in alone or with family and friends I would recommend HOTEL PIER CUATRO. Great service at a very affordable rate. Keep it up everyone and more power to hotel :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends