“Thumbs up!!”

Ranked #35 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
Manila
“Thumbs up!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Had a great stay here. One of the best budget hotel near Pier 4 and SM City Cebu. All the staff is very accommodating.The room was small but clean. Price is okay because of the free breakfast buffet.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Ellinebyam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Turku, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Located very close to the port, makes it an excellent choice if You plan to go to Bohol or other islands. Rooms are clean and of basic standard. The staff is very friendly. Filippino style breakfast is served downstairs. Bar serves drinks in the evenings.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sketo79
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 22 days straight during August-September, the breakfasts varied from day to day and were reasonable. The staff were friendly, very polite, and were available at all hours. The rooms were neat, and staff kept the rooms clean. The hotel is not so far from the SM (supermall), and I walked to the SM every day, but not at night time. The taxi will cost about $1 each way. I checked out of the hotel at 5am, the hotel had a takeaway breakfast waiting for me, and I really appreciated this. A taxi was waiting for me outside, and drove me to Cebu airport for 190P, about $5. I think the journey took about half an hour

Room Tip: I will stay there again
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank James S
Malmo, Sweden
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

First thing you notice is a big nice lobby, which really is a great one. The staff is also wonderful, kind and helpful. There is a nice restaurant in the lobby where the food is ok. Breakfast didn't impress any of us though. If you want to eat at another restaurant you will have to take a taxi, because of unsafe neighbourhood.

Our first impression of the rooms was actually quite nice. It's clean and fresh. Even though our room was small and had no view. There is a window, but it's facing some kind of hole in the building from where the aircon is based and also were the shower air goes out. Observe that only the superior room has window, none of the standard/deluxe rooms. The walls are as thin as paper. We could hear our neighbours talk, move, watching TV as it was in our own room. The aircondition was really loud and was blowing directly to our faces in the bed.

They offer laundry to the guests, but you have to pay a lot for EACH item (40-160php), when laundry service at for example SM costs 35php/kg.

We've been warned about cars with fixed prices and the guard insisted that we should take one of them, even though they were twice as expensive as a regular one. This has not happened in any of the other hotels that we've stayed at.

I really wanted to rate this hotel higher because of the travler's choice and we tried it for three nights, but it didn't impress. Worth to mention is that my boyfriend was more ok with the hotel than me. We have tried 5 hotels in Cebu city and all of the others were better than this and most of them cheaper as well. If you're looking for a budget hotel for just sleeping, near SM and the pier this might be it, but otherwise I would say that are better alternatives in this price range.

Room Tip: Only superior room has a window.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sandra K
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

After a 2.5hrs.delay and 3hrs.rough and bumpy ride at fast craft from tagbilaran, twas very windy then (coz of typhoon Odette) 09/20/2013, we went straight to Hotel Pier Cuatro, and welcomed by three iced cold glasses of orange juice, twas very REFRESHING for us esp.for my 2girls. But then we need to wait for another 20mins.before we could get in our room, coz they're still cleaning it, so no chance for us to leave immediately to watch the 3P.M. sched. of Mickey's Magic Show. Ordered late lunch from their cafeteria, mine was lomi and the girls' philly cheese steak. The attendant forgot to inform me, that their lomi is good for 3adult person, but offered that they could keep leftover in their fridge and reheat it whenever i want to. I decided to eat it for my dinner at 9:30, yep! the bowl is hot but the lomi is NOT! So I hope nxt time, the server could able to check it first. And I would suggest for additional wall outlet in your room, 1 is not enough, aside from the outlets where you plug the t.v and cable. And I really dn't like the smell of your sprayed air freshener (smells like pure fabcon.) it would be better to use lysol or glade crisp linen scent.
But overall everything is nice, the staffs are very warm and friendly, even the security guards are attentive. Breakfast buffet are great too! Worth recommending for others and will surely come back in here. Keep it up guys!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank mumavie
Koeniz, Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

The hotel is next to Pier 4, where the ferry leaves. While the lobby is spacious, the rooms aren't. Clean but small and not very comfortable. Breakfast is ok, and there is a bar, too, but I didn't went there. Taxi in front of the hotel can bring you around, specially at night. Don't walk around at night. There was a power outage for 6 hours and the hotel has no emergency power system. At least we got 10% discount on the rate, after insisting...

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shams00
Bengaluru, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

I stayed here for a couple of days in August and I found the stay to be pleasant. The hotel is ideally located (close to the Pier 4) and 20 min walk from the Mango Square. The room was small and tidy. The bed and pillow was not comfy at all. Had a neck sprain when i woke up! Room Service was swift. All the rooms are non-smoking rooms. They have a separate smoking area in the 4th floor I guess. Completely enjoyed the buffet breakfast. This hotel is located opposite to the Club ARENA and so it gets noisy at nights.
Overall, a pretty decent budget hotel.

Room Tip: Room on the high floor are less noisy.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends