“Very nice”

Ranked #31 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
Sydney
“Very nice”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Perfect for the budget minded traveller. Rooms are on the small side but quite comfortable. Shower needed a new head but we coped with it. The upstairs restaurant was reasonably priced. Breakfast was included in the room price. Wifi is sub standard but you can purchase a better service on a daily basis for around $2 aus. This hotel is central to the main part of Cebu City and you can easily walk to most attractions

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Games86

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Canada
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This is a well run budget hotel. Services are simple. The wireless is a small extra fee and is moderate speed for the phils. The free breakfast is minimal but adequate. The prices are terrific. I found it easiest to book this through agoda rather than direct.

Room Tip: 4th floor wireless is best
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank zzoops
Blenheim, New Zealand
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We have just spent another two weeks at the Appletree Suites . The same, happy and totally respectful staff as last time. All were self motivated in their work routine and were constantly looking for anything they might be able to do to make guests stay in their establishment more pleasant. After checking out, we received a phonecall at our next place of stay, informing me that I had left my Nikon camera behind. With the travelling and organizing, I had not noticed that it was not there. There was no way I could have stated where I left it, but this is an example of the honesty and integrity which we have always identified with this establishment. A great place where the atmosphere is more like being part of a family, as opposed to being a source of revenue!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Patrick M
Adelaide
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I stayed at this hotel because I found the location very convenient and the price seemed relatively low. I am sure if you try you can get better value but seemed reasonable. Room was clean as was the bathroom and beds were comfortable. Front staff were nice ands the bar at the top was ok.

The location is very close to the robinsons as well as mango ave.

If I were to stay in cebu again though I might shell out more coin and stay in the area near the Alyah center.

Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank dahenchman
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 16 January 2013

The hotel is great! It is near the business district so it is easy for travelers to rent a cab or even walk to places. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff are very friendly and helpful. They allowed me to check-in at around 10am instead of 2pm.

They allowed me to charge my GoPro Camera in their computer in the lobby overnight. Because of that, I was able to take some awesome photos during my adventure trip to Danasan and Swimming with the whale sharks activity in Oslob.

I would definitely be staying here again when i visit Cebu city!

Room Tip: Friendly staff Cleam Rooms Good location
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Aaron C
Smith River, California
Reviewed 12 January 2013

Has great location. Staff great. Clean hotel. We stayed two nights this trip. Was disappointed having to pay for the free wi fi. My wife and I both have our lap tops. So ended up paying for four days of wi fi internet service. It wasnt working and slow when it was their router needed work. Was told the second day the router was being repaired. Second night had to move to three different rooms. First two their TVs . First didnt have CNN or other news channels. First also had problen with pixel size. Second also had problem with TV. Noticed neither room had hot water. Was told hot water was turned on only by request. Finally told them not hot water I'd consider the room to be free . Had hot water within few minutes. Overall the prices are reasonable. Locations great. Walking distance to the park restaurants and Robinson. Ended our stay with French lunch in the park. Bought fresh fruits and cheeses at Robinson. Not sure of the laws on drinking alcohol (wine) in the park.

Room Tip: from past experance. Check out the room before booking it. Unless you've been there. Then book...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marcJW53
Nelson, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I chose this hotel for its location, close to Robinsons Fuente, which suited me for this visit. It is a typical Philippine budget hotel, adequate for the price and better than some. My double room was ok, with most of the usual facilities, i.e. aircon and cable tv; no refrigerator/mini bar at this price level but room service is available. Unlike some smaller hotels, it has a lift, if accessibility is an issue. For once I did not have my laptop with me to check the wifi but I believe it is provided. I could not seem to get hot water from the shower – in some budget hotels it is only available at certain times. My stay was only short, so I did not bother to enquire.
The restaurant serves reasonable food, though my steamed fish was a rather small one! The (included) breakfast was better than some. I paid extra to have bacon with my egg and that was a good sized serving.
There are many alternative eating places within easy walking distance.
Hardly the best hotel in Cebu but you cannot expect that for the price. I would stay there again if I was on a tight budget and needed to be in that location.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo