“Small rooms but with helpful staffs”

Apple Tree Suites Cebu
Ranked #37 of 92 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

My toddler together with my husband and a friend have visted Cebu this month. We have opted for this hotel through our travel agent.

The deluxe room was quite small but is very clean when we checked in. The cable was not working that time but we didn't need it anyway so that was fine. Wifi connection was surprisingly fast compared to. The previous reviews Ive read here.

I asked one of the hotel assistants that our washroom smells and that if he could assist us in providing air freshener or anything but was informed that they do not provide such. We have just opted for my personal perfume.

Other than that the staffs were very helpful. They can really help u at their best when they can.

Location wise it was ok. It was near Robinsons and Mercury Drug which was very helpful since I needed to buy water for my son.

Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I am truly impressed with this hotel. I do not have any complaints. The room is large and clean. Bathroom is cozy. It has a complimentary breakfast and it was great. I have enjoyed staying here for an overnight with my "Langga" :D. It has also a restaurant on top of the hotel which you can experience a panoramic view around the Fuente Osmeña circle. I will definitely come back here next time with my special someone. :) :) :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2013

For the past 3 years, I've been staying in hotels for short stays.
I can only say that Apple Tree Suite is one of the hotels in Cebu with GREAT services.
Reception area and room service personnel are polite and courteous. Keep it up!
The only downside is their Air Conditioning; which is quite noisy at times. :)
(That's on the room where I stayed considering it's Deluxe.)
Room is clean; comfortable beds. CR is small but very okay and clean.
(CRs are one of the things I always check. It's a big deal to me. :D )
Overall, it was a great stay. Thanks.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jAndAdz
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Perfect for the budget minded traveller. Rooms are on the small side but quite comfortable. Shower needed a new head but we coped with it. The upstairs restaurant was reasonably priced. Breakfast was included in the room price. Wifi is sub standard but you can purchase a better service on a daily basis for around $2 aus. This hotel is central to the main part of Cebu City and you can easily walk to most attractions

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Games86
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This is a well run budget hotel. Services are simple. The wireless is a small extra fee and is moderate speed for the phils. The free breakfast is minimal but adequate. The prices are terrific. I found it easiest to book this through agoda rather than direct.

Room Tip: 4th floor wireless is best
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank zzoops
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We have just spent another two weeks at the Appletree Suites . The same, happy and totally respectful staff as last time. All were self motivated in their work routine and were constantly looking for anything they might be able to do to make guests stay in their establishment more pleasant. After checking out, we received a phonecall at our next place of stay, informing me that I had left my Nikon camera behind. With the travelling and organizing, I had not noticed that it was not there. There was no way I could have stated where I left it, but this is an example of the honesty and integrity which we have always identified with this establishment. A great place where the atmosphere is more like being part of a family, as opposed to being a source of revenue!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Patrick M
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I stayed at this hotel because I found the location very convenient and the price seemed relatively low. I am sure if you try you can get better value but seemed reasonable. Room was clean as was the bathroom and beds were comfortable. Front staff were nice ands the bar at the top was ok.

The location is very close to the robinsons as well as mango ave.

If I were to stay in cebu again though I might shell out more coin and stay in the area near the Alyah center.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo