“Enjoyable Stay At This Hotel”

Cebu Business Hotel
Ranked #80 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
Toronto, Canada
“Enjoyable Stay At This Hotel”
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I used this hotel as my home base as I travelled around the philippines, coming back to this hotel each time in Dec. 2012. I stayed at this hotel a total of 7 days this time. I also stayed at this hotel in 2010. This is a basic hotel, with good value for the money you pay. The cleaning staff clean the rooms everyday. The rooms are basic, with everything you need. If you want a more spacious room, get one with two double beds, instead of one queen size bed. The staff were friendly and accommodating. When there was a problem with one room, the staff moved me to another room right away. The hotel also has a nice little air conditioned restaurant on the third floor, which is a little expensive, but has nice food. The location of the hotel is great, right downtown on Colon Street, and you can walk easily to some of the sites, including the Santo Nino Basilica, Plaza Independenzia, and the Casa Gorodo Museum. I especially liked seeing the furniture in the Casa Gorodo Musuem, which is really like a large house, which was own by a wealthy patron many years ago. An added bonus, while I was there in Dec. 2012, was that there were night vendors on the street every night for the Christmas season, and I could walk along Colon Street every night, and browse at their wares, and have some of the food sold by the street vendors.

Room Tip: The best way to get to the hotel from the Mactan Airport is to take a taxi. Be sure to take a white...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank D0nald2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
australia
Reviewed 20 December 2012

This is my first time at this hotel. I would definately stay here again.First off, friendly staff help with settling in, room was as expected for this hotel, we are in downtown, after all.While the hotel is dated, it is clean. the bed inmy room is comfortable, and the shower is hot within a few seconds of opening the tap, and a bonus, the toilet is not right under the shower, as I find so often in PI. Haha
The hotel is close to all amenities, and despite being situated on a busy corner, I have no noise from the traffic from my room.The in house restaurant is close to the rooms, and while the menu is small, the food is OK, and the service is quite fast.As I find from many reports about PI hotels, some reviewers seem to expect 5* for 2* prices. this is not 5* but rates a good 3.5 at least, and I rated it a 4. In short, you get what you pay for, and I am happy with what I got. hope you enjoy

Room Tip: DON'T EXPECT 5*,YOUR NOT PAYING $300.00 A NIGHT as far as I know, all rooms are similar to mine
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank eyes4
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 30 November 2012

The lobby was small but the room given to us was huge (rm 312). Room furniture were basic, good cable reception, wi-fi was free but you have to ask the front desk for the user name and password (& expires in 24hrs so you have to ask again for a new one), water pressure (for the shower) was a bit low and drain a bit clogged up. The rooms weren't sound proofed/muffled. Noise from a night party was heard in our room.

Staff (esp. the housekeeping group) were very friendly. They never fail to greet us with a smile. The function room (Sapphire) was okay. Everyday, a steward was assigned to assist us. Main meals served both at the restaurant (Cafe Marcelino) and function room were very good. Tasty with big servings. I don't care much about the snacks served. They weren't to my liking.

My roommate availed of their gym services which she said was okay. Location was very strategic. Close to an ATM machine, church, shopping mall, etc.

I'd say you get your money's worth. I could see myself staying here again.

Room Tip: Make sure your bathroom has enough water pressure and drain is not clogged up.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Holly P
Europe
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I stayed there four times, while being in Cebu - and I will go there again.

Its perfectly located, right in the middle of town. Walking distance to the very few sights and close to the shopping area in Colon Street.

Paying a 1.200 PHP for a double (only a 860 PHP Fri-Sun) it was okay for me. Even though some of the aircon could need some improvement and in general, everything seems to be worn out...

The service is efficient and friendly.

In case you want to make a reservation: call them! Any of my four e-mails hasnt been replied, as they are "having problems with the e-mails" (for almost a year)...

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Likes: Friendly staff
good facade and front office

Dislikes: old beddings
small rooms
no hot and cold shower
noise environs
smelly rooms

I'll be back if they can improve my dislikes...

travelled with group December 2011

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Butuan, Philippines
Reviewed 18 March 2012

It is near Parian District, Sto. Niño Shrine, Cebu Cathedral, fashionable shops, offices and movie houses. But it is a bit run down.

Our room was spacious but has no window. Our 3D/2N stay was a dreadful experience as the airconditioning did not work well in our room. No free wifi, no hot water.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jelotz

Travellers are raving about these Cebu City hotels

Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed 23 February 2012

The outside of the hotel is very nice ... in fact, it is quite impressive having such a pretty exterior in the center of downtown. After entering however, one is not as impressed.

The elevators are slow and left me stranded on the top floor a few times.

A businessman's room was booked for me. Perhaps that should have been an indication of what I would be receiving, but there was no choice by the time I checked in. The room was small; the bathroom terrible, with little or no water pressure (just like reported by others on the internet), so bad in fact, that I had difficulty removing Shampoo from my short hair. The air conditioner remained on 24 hours and could not cool the room ... even though it had the sound of a powerful machine. :)

There was no refrigerator, no table, no luggage rack, no drawer, and almost no room at the bathroom sink to put any bath items. Nothing was provided and if you forget to buy water early, you were stuck with ordering from the hotel -- 40b for a small water.

Although guest friendly, if your guest shows up at 10pm, you are forced to pay a fee for the guest to stay, regardless of whether the guest stays 1 hour or 10. My room was so small, that my guest said "wow, you have a small room". NO free internet by the way ...

On the hotel site, there are other rooms listed, and a few are much nicer looking in the pictures, but you rarely see online rates for these rooms.

Across the street is Jollibee, and it is 2 (?) blocks from the intersection of Colon and Osmena. The location itself felt quite safe.

It is possible I would stay here again - but it will have to be a MUCH better room at this hotel, and I will have to read some reviews that the better rooms have water pressure, tables, and are larger!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo