Cebu R Hotel - Capitol
US$49
US$115
US$48
Agoda.com
Radisson Blu Cebu(Cebu City)
US$171
US$137
  • Breakfast included
Cebu Grand Hotel(Cebu City)
US$51
US$53
US$44
US$47
Trip.com
All reviewsprovincial capitolgreat budget hotelin room wififamily roommini refdeluxe roomwalking distancefree breakfastcheap pricedecent sizecentral locationthe hotel is cleanearly checknice stayvisit cebulobbybranch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 September 2011

For an inexpensive hotel, Cebu R Hotel is really a good place to stay. The hotel staffs were great & they always wear a smile everytime they great guests, complimentary drinks are offered upon check-in, early check-in is allowed if room is already available, rooms are very clean and spacious especially the Deluxe Room, good internet connection, and free breakfast. Great value for money.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank AshlyNicole
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I was staying at this hotel for 1 week. One afternoon the cleaning staff were invited into my room to clean while I was there. My camera was on the bed at was visible. The cleaning lady pulled the sheets off the bed without inspecting that there might be something on the bed and my $550.00USD camera landed on the ground and was damaged. The next day I reported the matter to the hotel manager and they refused to believe my story and backed the cleaning lady. They then asked for my room to be paid in full at that time rather than at the check out time. When I refused to pay until I was ready to check out they threatened to contact the Police. The manager was so rude to me and treated my complaint like a child telling on another kid in the school yard. Shame on you Cebu R Hotel. All foreigners should avoid this place. The street is also very loud every morning from 4am as the local Police station is accross the street and hundreds of people line up every day to collect their Police cleanances.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Funnyfello
Reviewed 3 August 2011

We had discovered this hotel through tripadvisor last year, during my first stay in Cebu. Luckily enough, we fell quickly in love with this hotel and its combination of a very familiar spirit and 5-star service.

The hotel is situated in a far angle near the Cebu Provincial capitol (a spot to visit for its tropical garden). It is that remote, that most taxi drivers don't know where to place it, so be ready to give some guidance.

However, the remoteness has one unvaluable advantage: the silence and the peace within the hotel at night. It seems quite well known among Korean guests (families especially) and Filipinos.

The first time, we stayed in a DeLuxe room, but the backdrop of these rooms is that they face a blind wall and can thus be quite dark during the day (not to say depressing!). On our Second stay, we were upgraded to a suite room... And it was literally "wow!". For the little extra price (1700 PHP/night vs 1350), go for it. It has a wonderful view on the hills of Cebu, and extra space, which gives that place a real cosy feeling.

Cleanliness is spotless in the hotel, the facilities are new and the room personnel does an excellent job. Finally, the whole hotel has an incredible charm and personality (and much is due to the kindness and gentleness of the people), which makes it worth its while staying there.

There used to be a small Filipino snack two blocks away on the same Don Mariano Cui street, with excellent bargain food... Unfortunately closed since I last visited it. In the hotel, itself, ask for its excellent Sinigang, a traditional acid Filipino soup that is absolutely excellent. The breakfast is included with all the rooms, and it is a pleasure to eat your pancakes in the morning with the sun shining in the street.

If you are looking for more tradition, go to the end of the Don Mariano Cui street, near Fuente Osmena, and try the public barbecue. You can eat excellent blue marlin roasted on coals for a pittance! Finding taxis is also very easy from there. Either you walk to the capitol, a few hundred meters away, or the personnel will go to fetch one for you.

A few Europeans are there as well, but it is a hotel that is definitely worth the

Room Tip: The best is undoubdtedly the suite with its magnificent views and comfort.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank FreeMindXs
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We thourougly enjoyed our stay at the Cebu R. Hotel. Our accommodations were on the third floor in what they describe as a "superior room" It was a room that faced the street. All in all the hotel provides pretty good accommodations! The hotel is managed well. The staff is cordial. Mr. Reska runs a good facility! My cudos to Mr. Reska!

I like the general mix of the surrounding community! The hotel is in a community containing a wide range of small neighborhood markets, various businesses and it is in close proximity to the downtown area.

A special thanks to the doorman William. He was most friendly and helpful person we encountered in our stay! He is truly an asset to the facility!

If anything could be improved it would be to increase the portion of syrup for the breakfast French Toast and Pancakes. They don't give you enough! I didn't bring the matter up but instead ate the breakfast that was presented to me. It would be good if the kitchen staff could increase the portion of syrup by one or two tablespoons!

Unfortuanately when I checked out I did forget to unplug my cell phone from the wall outlet in the room. My phone is now gone and in the hands of another! Apparently no one knows anything about it except the person who presumably first entered the room and took it! My departure from the place was somewhat tainted by the matter.

If I ever travel to Cubu again I will be sure to stay in the R Hotel!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michaux58019
Reviewed 17 June 2011

A few months ago, I check in at Cebu R Hotel for our family trip to Cebu

One of my friend had visited at Cebu and prefer to stay there, and she recommend me to have a stay there. when I was finally came at the Lobby, there are several guests who were transacting in the Front office, I waited for a couple of minutes for the reservation, and when I was actually in front converse with the Lady Receptionist, she hesitatingly answered and felt nervous the moment I ask her a question about wi-fi access, she seems didn't know how to answer, I observed her confirming with other receptionist in the desk, while I was waiting for her clear response. But she was professional; I see, She ask my pardon and felt so sorry of her unclear response. But as a whole, I like the service the rooms are quite good. the foods are common but it savor my sense of taste.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family