“outstanding in every way”

David's Steak and Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 January 2014

the english language lacks the appropriate superlatives to adequately describe the fantastic dining experience at david's.

i'll simply close my review by suggesting to my fellow tripadvisors that while in cebu city one would be well advised to dine at this fine establishment.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Went new years eve as only restaurant that was not fully booked we found out why
Everything except for chicken and two kinds of steak was out of stock even garlic rice
Service was out of fawlty towers the waiter asked me for my pin number!
No house wine no wine by the glass no salads no pastas available just no idea
Steak was ok no sign of management gather they were all on holiday hence nothing had been ordered and staff were to lazy to rectify. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I was there around 4 months ago .. I had a fever and not feeling good. I believed that a good nutritious steak would help my fight to regain health.

When I saw the menu that included steak for two with unlimited "refill" I asked a friend to join me. While waiting for him I asked for a glass of water. I was served something that appeared to be straight tap water. It did not smell good .. When the steaks arrived they were reasonably OK but my "refill" steak appeared like an off-cut, more fit for the rubbish bin than for human consumption. I ate a small portion but it had a bad taste .. so I did not finish it .. Subsequently I suffered incessant loose bowel movements. My hospital check-up revealed I had gastroenteritis - amoebiasis I believe this was the result of my visit to David's. There are better restaurants nearby .. AAA Diamond Tongs, for example ...

2  Thank Ron1Cebu
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Nice ambience & sparingly big chunk of steak. Make sure u have a big appetite. Price is above average based on Cebu standards. Go for the Wagyu over the Angus, if available.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

This is another must-go for me whenever I'm in Cebu. Fair warning, this review will have more negatives than positives, and you may conclude that I don't like this resto at all. However, being a steak lover, 799 pesos for All-You-Can-Eat US steaks are just too good a deal to pass up!

CONS :

- Waiters will tell you that the steaks are USDA Prime but honestly, they taste more like USDA Choice. Also, while the first steak served was perfectly cooked (medium) and cut (3/4" thick), the second was unfortunately well-done because the kitchen gives you a thinner cut (1/2"). They probably do this to avoid wastage but instead of making it thinner, they should just serve a smaller, but just as thick, cut of beef.

- The mushroom soup is indeed too salty, even after we asked them to redo it with less salt.

PROS :

- Sidings like the mashed potato and veggies are perfectly done. You should try their steak rice, except if you have a heart condition. They cook the rice with crispy bits of steak fat!

- 799 pesos for all the Angus steak you can eat is a bargain even in inexpensive Cebu!