“Very, very bad experience”

David's Steak and Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I was dissapointed by this restaurant and had a bad experience. For different reasons:

1. I checked first on their website and looked at the menu prices. I was shocked when I got to the actual restaurant. The prices is about +300 the price on their website menu. Very misleading. I have prepared only P1500 but my bill is about P2000 for 1 main dish, 1 soup, 2 rice and 1 shake. Luckily got my credit card with me.
2. Waited too long for the order and the waiter didn't even tell how many minutes even if I asked many times.
3. There is no reciept, for a restaurant with such a costly menu, they don't have an automated reciept. They write the receipt themselves on a piece of paper.
4. They write something below the actual cost of the meal, P179 and I don't know what that is. I didn't dared to ask since its a date with my girlfriend.

Over all very disappointing experience on this restaurant. And I'm going to write this on every review since I'm very frustrated. I end up having a bad mood on our anniversary of my girlfriend.

5  Thank Young M

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Steak was excellent!!! Service was efficient. Price? you get what you pay in this restaurant. So I am not having their steak again maybe in six months time or a year. Expensive but then really nice steak. Come and see for yourself.

2  Thank Prettyreese11
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I ordered a New York steak. Upon arrival it looked wonderful. When I started to eat it, I found half of it was just fat. When complaining I was told I was wrong and that it was a prime cut of meat was a very good cut of meat. They simply turned away and didn't care. To add insult to injury, the veg that came with the steak consisted of three slices of carrot and to pea pods. That's it.

If that wasn't bad enough, when getting our bill we found out the bottle of red we had was 1000 paseo more than the one I ordered. I wouldn't let this one go. Eventually the gave us another bill which was still 100 paseo over. By this point I decided to quite, so paid and left.

Will never eat there again and advise no one to go there. We were a group of 5 and only 2 were happy(ish) with the meal. All 5 of us left quite stressed, ripped off and genuinely annoyed.

Feel very sad I cannot leave a better feedback on this place as it looks lovely.

2  Thank Emily B
Reviewed 22 January 2014

the english language lacks the appropriate superlatives to adequately describe the fantastic dining experience at david's.

i'll simply close my review by suggesting to my fellow tripadvisors that while in cebu city one would be well advised to dine at this fine establishment.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Went new years eve as only restaurant that was not fully booked we found out why
Everything except for chicken and two kinds of steak was out of stock even garlic rice
Service was out of fawlty towers the waiter asked me for my pin number!
No house wine no wine by the glass no salads no pastas available just no idea
Steak was ok no sign of management gather they were all on holiday hence nothing had been ordered and staff were to lazy to rectify. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!