“Value for money 5 star hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Radisson Blu Cebu

Radisson Blu Cebu
Ranked #1 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
Singapore
“Value for money 5 star hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

Radisson Blu is spanking new, just next to the SM Mall. The service staff are friendly, efficient and knowledgeable. I ordered room service for dinner, including wine, for 5 persons and they delivered efficiently within 30 minutes. The restaurant ala carte menu needs upgrading. My teenage children also enjoyed the free wi-fi in our rooms. Wonderful experience for my family.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Boon8282

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

You feel so good, safe and comfortable once you step into this property. Everything here is up to my expectations & there's absolutely no complains. Appreciates the fact that there is a security guard stationed round the clock at the side gate leading to SM Mall. The sight of them makes you feel so safe when walking back from the Mall, especially when it's late in the night.

Special point to note was that on our 3rd night of stay here, my father experienced breathing difficulties, late in the night. And we were very appreciative when they have a First Aider who attended to my dad ! He recommended us the hospital to send our dad to, briefed us on the cost & communicated to the taxi driver on our behalf. My dad recovered after the visit.

I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Cebu !

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank BeHappy1408
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

Well ... so far I've only been in the hotel a few hours .....

By email I had booked their airport 'meet and greet' service ... that didn't transpire, I had to get a taxi, and despite mentioning it upon, and since, check-in no explanation has been offered why I was not met and with a hotel car.

Then ... checking-in at 1400 hours, the room wasn't ready, go and have a welcome drink in the bar, looking forward to a beer all I received was a very small fruit juice ... I DON'T DRINK FRUIT JUICE!

After 45 minutes bored in the bar, and with no word fro0m reception, I returned to reception to find thyat a room was ready for me ... but I'm convinced I'd still be waiting in the bar had I not returned.

Then the ethernet cable in the room wouldn't extend, one had to be a contortionist to use a laptop whilst connected.

And then ... a double room booked for two people ... but only one large towel and it took two phone calls, over some two hours, before a 2nd towel became provided.

Not a very good start Radisson Blu, as a school report might read "Could do better"!

Signed
MC
Room 1601
02-05/12/2011

P.S. And what did happen to my airport pick-up?

P.P.S. And your internet keeps crashing.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Phileas_Fogg_UK
West Covina, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

stayed here last Oct 25 as stop over to Bohol. Hotel is new, service is good! but we ordered food on midnight, i think regular store can serve us better pancit and adobo, theirs is not good at all.. breakfast buffet is good! they have lots of choices.. house keeping never came to our room to clean, but its nice hotel overall! its next to SM CEBU, but not worth my money i guess..

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Evangeline Q
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

We checked in after 5pm but were told there was no room ready so we had to wait in the lobby. Since check-in is a 2pm, we found this strange and unacceptable. As we were having breakfast the next morning, I was handed a bill for breakfast for 2. I explained that breakfast was included as indicated in my expedia confirmation. I had given my copy at check-in. The breakfast staff and front office said no, it was not included. They could not find my copy and they said that I could go to the business centre 2nd floor to reprint it. I interrupted my breakfast and went to 2nd floor. It took awhile since the printers were not working well. Finally got a reprint which clearly indicated that breakfast was included, and I showed it to them. By this time, my breakfast was ruined so we just left the restaurant. After all that, one staff even had the nerve to chase me to pay for a Diet Coke I ordered. By the way, the breakfast spread looked impressive but be careful! Some items are super oily. My husband had the potato hash and chicken sausage. He said it smelled of reused cooking oil He developed an bad upset stomach after breakfast and was sick rest of the day, which included a flight out of Cebu. Horrible ending to an otherwise great vacation in Boracay. Radisson - not ready for prime time. More staff training needed especially for front desk/guest relations.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room near the elevators. Noise!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank LS942
Wash DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

We visit Cebu frequently and the Radisson Blue is one of the best hotels in the city. I love that it is across the street from the SM Mall.

This is definitely a four (4) star hotel!

Great service from the staff! Great value for the cost.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank euleruy
Cebu City, Cebu City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2011

I was given a gift certificate for a stay at Radisson Blu, and I had a wonderful experience on my birthday! It was my first staying/checking in a hotel, so I really don't know what to expect but the lobby is grand, and the service is great, breakfast is yummy too! The only thing I think is negative is that the pool is a bit shallow. But overall, a really good, decent hotel.

P.S. Are the food (chocolates and drinks) in the fridge free? Because I didn't eat them. Nyahaha!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Cebu City Marriott Hotel
Cebu City Marriott Hotel
#5 of 87 in Cebu City
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,119 reviews

Been to Radisson Blu Cebu? Share your experiences!