“Will stay again for their rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Radisson Blu Cebu

Radisson Blu Cebu
Ranked #1 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
Makati, Philippines
“Will stay again for their rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

We stayed for 3D/2N last November 2011 in Radisson Blu Cebu. It was my first time to return to Cebu after more than 10 long years. Was looking through TripAdvisor and found this new establishment which was relatively new when we stayed there. Since we planned this to be an R&R trip, we personally chose the huge premier room.

So here’s our experience – First would be our arrival at Mactan Airport. It was unfortunate that our flight was delayed by almost 4 hours. I personally contacted Radisson Blu prior to our trip for us to be picked from the airport. Given this, I had provided them the complete details of our flight and have been informed beforehand that there will be a representative who shall be awaiting us with a signage. Though our flight was delayed, I was still expecting the pick-up to push through regardless of the delay. I personally think that it was their duty to get further information regarding our delayed flight as I have supplied the information earlier on. To our surprise, no one was there to pick us up and I had to call the hotel regarding this matter. As much as I was disappointed, this was immediately remedied when the hotel quickly contacted one of the service cabs in the airport to give us a ride to the hotel. Followed by this was the hotel check-in. The check-in was an overall great experience. The staff at the check-in counter was well trained and very friendly. Our package gave us access to the business lounge which we were entitled to free cocktails at a certain time. Likewise, we had free morning breakfast during our stay and I was also given a Carlson Club membership card. After this, we were led to our room which I was really impressed. It looked much bigger in person than in the pictures I saw. The main room had a large memory foam bed (as promised) and far across it was a working area. In addition, there was also a small lounge area with a flat screen TV and a couch separate from the main bedroom which can be isolated through a foldable divider. They also gave some welcome chocolates as well as a luggage strap which was personally handed to us by one of their management. My disappointment completely turned into delight after the smooth check-in we had.

Other than that we also tried several services that the hotel offered: In-room breakfast – served daily was a so-so experience. The servings were huge though. Feria – their restaurant serving buffet wasn’t a wow experience for me. We stayed in Cebu during the non-peak season which must be the reason why the offerings at the buffet was not what I expected. The dishes were either a hit or miss. I personally asked the cook to prepare my pasta the way I wanted it. The first one ended up too salty while the other had too much pepper which ended up becoming too spicy. Lastly, we tried their spa called Blue Spa. The staff was kind enough to let us book at a very late time. In addition, we were provided a private room. As for the service, I’d say the experience was leaning a bit above average.

All in all, my stay with this hotel would be a little above average as there were some minor setbacks during our stay. Hopefully, these would be remedied if I have the chance to stay there again.

Room Tip: Get the huge premier room
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

I had stayed in Park Plaza in Amsterdam last year , i had a very good experience and when I learned that it belonged to the same group that managed Radisson Blu , I had wanted to try the latter when they opened their hotel in Cebu . I had heard positive feedback from my friends who stayed at the Radisson Blu Cebu and I finally had my chance to stay there on the first week of May 2012. The hotel is in a very good location . Around 15-20 minutes away from the Cebu Mactan airport and right beside the SM City Cebu . They have an immense lobby with high ceilings which was impressive . My check in was quick and smooth . The front desk staff was efficient and had my reservations correct . They even gave me an early check- in at no charge ( some hotels charge for early check -in - around half the daily rate ) . My room was clean and smelled fresh . The bathroom was similarly spotless . Internet is free . A lan cable was also provided if you didn't want to use wifi . Gym use is free and I used it the whole time I was there . Their equipment is excellent . The best thing in the hotel is their restaurant - Feria . The choices of food is superb , there's a lot to choose from ! I had the best breakfast and lunch there . I was also impressed with their meeting rooms and the quality of service of their staff was extremely good . All in all , I had a great stay and will going back for more .

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank workshy99
Cebu City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

I love my experience here at Radisson Blu. We stayed here for my brothers birthday and had a blast. I love their pool and i appreciate the cleanliness of the hotel. I especially love the buffet breakfast which is to die for. ^^

The rooms are magnificent and well furnished. The staff are also very courteous to their guests~ ^^

+ Its near a mall. ^^ Just walking distance to SM City Cebu~ ^^

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012 via mobile

Hotel is 10 mins to IT Park, 8 minutes to Ayala Center, 10 mins to famous bars and restaurants in Banilad Area and 20mins to the airport. SM Mall is just next to the hotel for shopping, movies and good food and if you wanna catch a ferry to go to Bohol, Cagayan de Oro and etc, oh well, you can see the port just across the hotel.

Hotel Room is spacious, clean and well-appointed. I've stayed to their Superior, Deluxe and Business Rooms and I have no complaints. Great value for money. Bathrooms have no bathtub except their Premiere Rooms. It's great that I always get a complimentary access to their cozy Club Lounge everytime I stay there where refreshments and cocktails are waiting for you.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank SimplySyl
Fort Smith, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

Stayed at Radisson Feb,2012. Our room was cancelled due to overbooking, was offered stay at sister hotel Marco Polo, I did not wish to move to another hotel as it was late and we had traveled all day. Grace, the Duty Manager upgraded us to a 'Club Room'. The rest of our stay was excellent, the staff are some of the best; helping with anything you may need.
My wife and I travel to PH every year or two and will be staying at Radisson Blu every time.

Room Tip: For a little extra $$ the Club Rooms are awsome.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Geraldton, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Radisson for a week in May. Our business class room was on the 21st floor. The room came with many perks, free Internet (the plug in cable was good but the wireless reception was a bit hit and miss), two bottles of water per day, daily newspaper and access to the business lounge with complimentary coffee, snacks and drinks during the day. Check in and check out was handled at the reception desk at the business lounge on the 20th floor where you are greeted with a drink. The room is beautifully laid out with a king size bed with a very firm mattress. Also in the room is a lounge, office desk, mini bar, flat screen TV, safe and bath robes. The room is kept super clean and was very quiet. Super quick laundry service was reasonably priced. The staff are extremely helpful and very polite. There are armed security guards at the front as well as the other entrances to the hotel who are all very friendly.
The breakfast and dinner buffet's are amazing and should not be missed. SM City is a massive shopping complex right next door which also has amazing restaurants which are very cheap.
You can also hire a vehicle and driver who will stay with you while you visit the nearby attractions.
Highly recommend the Radisson Blu!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank beyondthefrontdoor
oslo, norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

Very nice hotel, the ambience itself, and the location is fantastic. Its just beside SM City, Cebu. I really love it. The food is super delicious wherein you can choose from the Filipino delicatessen to western gourmet. You should experience it. The staff are polite and the facilities are excellent.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Cebu City Marriott Hotel
Cebu City Marriott Hotel
#5 of 87 in Cebu City
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,119 reviews

Been to Radisson Blu Cebu? Share your experiences!