“Service from the Heart”

Ranked #1 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
Nadi, Fiji
“Service from the Heart”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Loved my 8 days business stay at Radisson Cebu. The outstanding feature were the staff who were all so willing to please and serve irrespective. I felt I was listened to and even with different cultures, no ask from my part was ever unanswered. I was attended to, referred to and served with care and efficiency. F&B GG and your team fabulous, Zoey and team, wonderful, Gihana, Rolly, Aaron, concierge, HK and Business Centre, brilliant. Thank you so much. Will now have to bring my families and friends next time.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Fee L
RicaReneeRellon, Director of Marketing and Communications at Radisson Blu Cebu, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Thank you very much for a fantastic review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu, we are thoroughly delighted that you had a wonderful stay. We will share your sentiments with the rest of the team. We do hope to welcome you back soon with friends and family.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
England
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We were due to stay at the Radisson Blue for two nights as part of an 18 day island hop around the Philippines. When we arrived we were alarmed by the security procedure checking under the cab with mirrors, checking the boot, then at the hotel door they checked my bag with an electronic probe, then sniffer dogs were brought out to check our luggage, all of which made us feel uneasy as we have never experienced anything like this before and we have been to many countries. Check in was pretty quick although the hotel bus did not pick us up and they seemed pretty reluctant to resolve this but eventually agreed to look into it, unfortunately I was never given a explanation.

The pool area was nice and the staff were very friendly, however the busy road the hotel sits alongside really does spoil any chance of relaxing as the high level of noise is constant.

We went into the shopping centre next door to find something to eat where more security was in place they checked your bags and body for weapons. Felt really uneasy walking around everyone looked at us and to be fair my husband and I we were pretty much the only westerners in there. At this point we decided Cebu and possibly the Philippines was not for us so cut short our holiday and decided to come home the next day.

The lady at the business centre was extremely helpful and helped us change our flights. We then had breakfast and this was a pleasant experience they had a good selection a food and the staff were very attentive.

Overall the hotel was very nice with good facilities its just the location and the security procedure we found very off putting plus there is a 24hr building site behind the hotel, also the docks opposite the main road appear to be 24hrs. We had a corner room on the 12th floor which gave us a good view of both although we could hear the on going noise and road traffic fortunately it was'nt loud enough to spoil your nights sleep

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sushineEngland
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We are sorry for any inconvenience that the security procedures may have caused. We are glad that you enjoyed your breakfast and that that our colleague at the business center was able to assist you with the travel changes. The Philippines is a safe country for travelers, both for business and leisure. However, as guest safety and security is our top priority, the hotel does have some security procedures that you may not normally find in other parts of the world. We do hope you understand that these are all for the welfare of our guests and colleagues alike.
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I have a memorable stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu last week.
the hotel have a very good location in Cebu.
the Hotel provide my friend and me an excellent service,delicious food and very comfortable accommodation.
the driver, bellman, front desk clerk, room maid and room boy,chef, restaurant waiteress as well as duty manager always smile greeting to us, give us a real help in Cebu, make us very happy and relax.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Michael L
Thank you for a fantastic review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. The team is truly delighted with your comments as we continue to strive for an excellent guest stay experience everytime. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We've check in this hotel several times whenever we are in Cebu. The convenience of its proximity to the mall and the popular Cebu Lechon Restaurant attributes to its good rating. What excites us more is the breakfast buffet which gets our fill up until lunchtime. The lobby is grand and the interiors are simple yet classy. We've heard ghost stories from several friends but so far we have no experience of supernatural phenomenon. It is a hotel that can go back again and again whenever in Cebu.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mayo M
Thank you for sharing your experience about Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We are happy that you had a good breakfast experience and look forward to welcoming you back to Cebu.
New Manila, Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 11 May 2013

stayed at Radisson Blu for 4 nights, location is perfect, cause it's beside SM Mall. pool attendant and staff are so courteous, but i just want to thank Ms. Revelyn(don't know her family) assigned at 12th floor as housekeeping attendant.. my daughter left her cellphone in our room when we checked out, fortunately when i'm on my way to the airport, my daughter told me that she left her cellphone, so when i called the number, this lady answered and told me to get it at the counter near the lobby.. really appreciate it, for being so honest...

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Eye P
RicaReneeRellon, Director of Marketing and Communications at Radisson Blu Cebu, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Thank you for your fantastic review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. The Housekeeping team, including Revelyn will be recognized for her valiant effort in creating a memorable experience for you. We do hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.
Dublin
Reviewed 10 May 2013

The cathedral size lobby is ok but I felt it more of a mausoleum rather than a grand space, but in fairness that's all a matter of personal taste. Check in was uninspiring and I wasn't advised as to whether the online upgrade I had requested was available but was simply advised the rate/room that I had booked (superior) which included breakfast and free internet which worked fine.

The room is fine, standard 4 star room, no wow factor but the price was right. The bed was a little hard for my taste but otherwise fine. Our room was on the 15th floor overlooking the pool area which is nice. The rest of the view is a car park and the docks. There was some minor street noise which I found surprising but it was not intrusive.

On our first evening we made the mistake of ordering from the a la carte menu rather than going for the extensive buffet which was on display. Whilst ordering a well done burger, it came out medium on one side and more rare on one side. When I raised this with a member of staff she advised that she would inform the chef so that he would do better the next time. This is all very well but I'm charged for the meal. I accept that I had eaten the cooked half of the burger before discovering the uncooked side. I did complete the satisfaction survey presented with the bill but I wonder if it made it's way to the manager.

Staff were courteous, friendly and otherwise efficient. I hired a car and driver from the hotel to visit the main sites around Cebu and this worked out well. The only gripe I would have about the car used is that the windows were not tinted which meant in the searing heat of the day, the car was quite warm notwithstanding the aircon.

Breakfast was fine, standard fare to suit all tastes - East & West.

SM Mall is adjacent to the hotel and this is quite convenient for shopping. Also there is a laundry on the lower level near SM supermarket which is handy for short or long stays. 175php for 5kg of laundry with 100% surcharge for 24hr service.

The Ayala centre (another shopping centre) is a short taxi ride away, fare is approx 75php and for style beats SM hands down. The green area in the centre is really nice.

Radisson offer 100% guest satisfaction and if your problem is not resolved then you will not pay. On checkout I mentioned the issue I had with the burger and was advised that they would make a note of it. I'm somewhat curious as to what the 100% guest satisfaction guarantee relates to and if it's subject to terms and conditions!

It's a reasonably priced hotel, if you are looking for some luxury then I would suggest looking elsewhere such as the Shangri La, however the Radisson is well located and close enough to all the main sights of Cebu city.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Irishman_on_tour
Thank you for your review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced. You are correct in stating that Radisson Blu does have a 100% Guest Satisfaction Guarantee. We would like to converse about your concern directly, and would greatly appreciate it if you can send us your full contact details at rrellon@radisson.com.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2013

This is a truly grand hotel that will wow you the moment you step in. The cathedral-sized lobby is modern and stylish. Staff are courteous, friendly and efficient. Check-in was smooth and my luggage was delivered shortly after I got into my room, followed moments thereafter by a map of Cebu which I had requested at check-in (delivered by the concierge).

Location wise the hotel is only a short drive from downtown (Magellan’s Cross / Basilica del Santo Nino). It is also close to Pier 1 for the Bohol speedboats. A withe metered taxi (flagfall 40 Pesos) from the airport will get you to the Radissonj in approximately 25 minutes for 180-200 Pesos. The average taxi fare to downtown is 75-80 Pesos, and to the uptown restaurants (e.g. STK ta Bay ! / Paolito’s Seafood House / One Mango Avenue complex) 90-100 Pesos (2.5 USD or 1.5 GBP). Jeepneys are of course cheaper, but air-con taxis are more convenient in the scorching heat. Avoid the yellow (airport) taxi as their flagfall is 70 Pesos.

The elegant rooms are spacious and well-equipped with modern accesories. It’s obvious that the interior designers paid a great attention to detail and usability. I liked the desk with the comfortable ergonomic reclining chair. WiFi is complimentary and speedy and there is also a free high-speed Ethernet connection. Owners of MacBooks Air or other ultra-light netbooks please bring a Thunderbolt/USB3-to-Ethernet adaptor if you prefer a hard-wired Internet connection. In-room safe boxes are modern and easy to use. An ironing board with steam iron, bathrobes and slippers are also standard accessories in this hotel.

The landscaped pool area is vast and has many pool lounge chairs, towel service and showers. There is also a gym and a spa on premises.

The breakfast buffet (priced 810 Pesos) is excellent and good value for money considering the great variety of foods on display. There is even a fresh-juice station where you can order a freshly squeezed juice or smoothie (apple, carrots, orange, cucumber, mango, pineapple, watermelon, etc). There are frequent specials on the themed dinner buffets (Mediterranean / Chinese etc) up to 50% discount offers. You can pick up free daily newspapers at the restaurant entrance.

And the negatives ? Well you would need to scramble hard to find any. I can’t understand some very few people complaining about the service here – after all this is the newest hotel in town (it doesn’t even feature in the 2012 edition of the Phillippines Lonely Planet guide). And for a new hotel I’m sure the majority of reviewers agree that it does a wonderful job in being your second home away from home.

Marius C. Berger, MD
Consultant Anaesthestist
London, UK

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Marius_Berger
Thank you for your excellent review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We are thoroughly delighted by your kind words, we will definitely share it with the rest of our team. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cebu City
Cebu City Marriott Hotel
Cebu City Marriott Hotel
#5 of 87 in Cebu City
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,134 reviews

Been to Radisson Blu Cebu? Share your experiences!