“Good hotel for business or short stay in Cebu”
Review of Radisson Blu Cebu

Radisson Blu Cebu
Ranked #1 of 90 Hotels in Cebu City
Seoul, South Korea
“Good hotel for business or short stay in Cebu”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed 2 nights at the Radisson Blu in Cebu end of December as a family with 2 kids (7 and 10). This was the last step of our Cebu/Bohol holiday travel, and we used the Radisson as a convenient place for shopping and as a confortable place to rest before taking the plane back home, after returning by boat from Bohol Island. The hotel was perfectly fitting our purpose, just in front of the SM Mall and close to the Cebu Airport. The rooms were nice, as to be expected in a 5 stars hotel, the breakfast was fantastic, the staff was friendly and helpful. When in the pool area you may forget that you are in the middle of a busy city. While they make no advertisement for the services of their small massage area in the rooms (in the basement next to the pool), my wife used it and was happy with the price/quality of the massage. I would certainly consider the Radisson if I come back to Cebu. Probably not as a long stay holiday trip, but as a business stay or as an arrival or departure rest spot when using Cebu airport.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Nishan S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Cebu, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu for your last stopover on your Cebu / Bohol trip and for sharing your experience with us. We are delighted to know that you and your family had a great time in the pool and spa.

Looking forward to welcome you back here in Cebu.

Nishan Silva

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I can sit here and write a long review about how amazing this hotel is but it would take too long. This is THE BEST hotel in Cebu. I stayed at the Best Western Lex (Alright), the Crowne Regency Towers (Terrible), and this and by far this is the best hotel I have ever been, including other five star hotels. The service was amazing. The staff do not know how to say No to anything. The food was the best in the city, no exaggeration. The amenities and modernity of the hotel is fantastic. The pool and gym is great. the bar and lobby are massive and beautiful. There are staff everywhere ready to serve you at all times of the day. If you pick up the phone they are ready before the phone is finished ringing once. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through Cebu. Plus the location is right next to the SM mall which makes it so convenient. There is a reason why it's rated number 1, because it absolutely is. I am now at the Crowne Regency and hate it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Cade Z
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your encouraging words and recommendation. We at Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu are guided by the ‘Yes I Can!’ philosophy and we are glad to know that you experienced our hospitality standards to your expectations.

It was a privilege welcoming you and we will be delighted to have you back again in future.

New York
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

All the facilities were nice but there certainly is room for improvement. We ordered room service a couple times and every time they had run out of the food we wanted. We placed a special order for soy milk because we are allergic to milk and they still sent up milk. Also I felt uncomfortable several times because some of the male staff members check out on female customers. Especially those at the gate don't hide their desire to stare at girls in shorts or revealing clothes.

We appreciated how they ensured security of all taxi rides we took here. The pool was nice and pool staff were great, too.

Location is excellent.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the team, I would like to thank you for staying at Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu and apologize for the shortfalls you have encountered during your recent stay. Rest assured your concerns have been noted and that corrective actions are being taken. Should you wish to discuss your concerns further, please do not hesitate to email me at nsilva@radisson.com.

We look forward to your next visit to Cebu and an opportunity to serve you better.

Paranaque, Philippines
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed at the Radisson Blu for 5 nights -- 1 night in a Deluxe Room and the rest in a Business Class Room.

The rooms were well-appointed with all the expected amenities. The Business Class room has a Nespresso machine and iPod dock. You also have access to the breakfast and all day snacks at the Lounge and use of the boardroom. I'm not sure if the other rooms on the Business Class floor had bathtubs, but ours didn't.

We had meals at Feria, the Business Class Lounge and tried room service. The food was better than the last time I stayed at the hotel, however the Japanese station at the buffet needs some work. There was no sashimi, and the rolls were mediocre at best. It was as if they placed a Japanese station in the buffet just to be able to say they had one.

The people in Cebu are quite friendly and this was evident in the hotel staff -- from the concierge, front desk, room attendants etc. everyone was very eager to help. The only oversight was by room service/housekeeping. We were in Cebu on business, so we'd leave the hotel early and return only in the evening. On at least 1 occasion, the room service food tray was still in our room when we got back in the evening, after our room had been cleaned. Even if we didn't call for room service to pick up the tray, I would expect that housekeeping could clear the tray when they made up our room.

All in all, Radisson Blu was a nice place to come home to after a tiring day of work. The hotel's close proximity to the mall made errands and shopping very convenient. Our stay was pleasant and I would not hesitate staying here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying again at Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu and sharing your experience with us. We apologize for the times that we have fallen short during your stays. Your comments have been taken note and shared with the team, it is always good to know what we can improve on. For the bathtubs, only the Premier Rooms and Suites have it in the room.

We hope to see you back in the hotel soon.

Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed for four nights and really enjoyed our stay. The service was amazing with very friendly and attentive staff. The food was great with a very good selection. We had two rooms and both were quiet and had great views. The kids really enjoyed the pool. I even had a lovely note left to me from one of the housekeeping staff.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for selecting Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu as your hotel of choice and for sharing your wonderful experience with us. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed the array of facilities and warm hospitality offered by the Blu that made your family vacation a memorable one.

We look forward to having you back in your future trips to Cebu.

Sagay City, Philippines
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The only problem I had was with the time it took for my room to be ready. I told them I was checking in at 2pm because they specifically asked for that. I would have been less annoyed if they didn't know. I arrived at 1:45pm. I would have understood if I had to wait until 2pm, but they were only able to get the room ready at 3pm! I did not have anywhere else to go. I just wanted to rest and get myself ready to pig out at Feria that night. But I was made to wait for over an hour. The receptionists were friendly so I guess I'd have to put the blame on housekeeping(?). Or maybe the guest previously occupying the room had requested a late check out which I originally wanted myself too. Whatever the cause was, I wish it didn't take as much as an hour.

I had the premier room just like what I had during my previous stay but this time, I did not get the corner room. I thought all premier rooms are corner rooms but apparently they're not, so I didn't specifically request for it. I liked where the bathtub was located in that previous premier room I had which had a view from the city, but the bathtub in this latest room I stayed at was blah. I think this is not the hotel's fault. though. It's still big and bigger than the suites in other hotels.

I still look forward to staying at Radisson the next time I'll be in Cebu. I'm actually after those points so I could get a free night or at least a significantly discounted room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your valuable time for letting us know your experience. However, we regret the inconvenience you faced during check-in. We have taken your views into consideration and necessary action will be taken. We hope you had a great feast at Feria during your stay.

Looking forward to your next visit to Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu.

London, Kentucky
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Not for the first time in Cebu, but it is the first time we stayed at the Radisson. Five star hotels, great location. We stayed a week and everything was great. Helpfull staff and good restaurant. My room was smoking and with a wonderful view.

Room Tip: My room was smoking and with a wonderful view