“Excellent location, friendly staff, affordable price equals great vacation”

Sampaguita Suites-Plaza Garcia
Ranked #25 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
Manila, Philippines
“Excellent location, friendly staff, affordable price equals great vacation”
Reviewed 8 October 2011

Coming in from the port, knowing the taxi driver trick us being the hotel in a walking distance only, got me really pissed off. The moment the taxi stop in front of the hotel, knowing I was not able to do my advance reservation, had me expecting more problems leading to a very grouchy mood. But it was dispersed immediately. The concierge automatically opens the taxi door, greet me, pick up my luggage and lead me inside the hotel. From the door, the bell boy smile and welcome me. The reception was full but the moment they saw me at the back, they give out welcome smile and help me get a room immediately. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. Location was perfect as I can walk to most of the tourist spots. On check out, since my flight is late at night, they offer to keep my luggage for free to enjoy the rest of my waiting time without the hassle! And take note, the guard and bellboy would give you tips on how to get to those tourist spots cheaply and not take the taxi or hotel service! Very nice for backpackers and people on a tight budget. I would highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Even if you were not able to book for your preferred room, the prices are very affordable.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SadjzSumague

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Manila
Reviewed 15 September 2011

If you are not really looking for a perfect place to stay, Sampaguita suites can be good for you. This is ideal for backpackers, for those who would like to tour the city and for just a short stay.

This hotel is near crown regency, Jollibee, greenwich and all other restaurants in town.
Their receptionists and bellboy are very accommodating too.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Our stay in Sampaguita Suites-Plaza Garcia was hassle free. It's centrally located, very near to the Cebu City Hall, a stone-throw away from Magellan's Cross and Basilica Minore.
The price of their barkada room was right for the facilities provided like cable tv, room service, telephone, clean toilet/ shower and good water supply. The receptionist also allowed us to leave our luggages even we've checked out during our city tour. I would recommenf this hotel for a budget traveller like me.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Stayed here on our first night in Cebu which was actually either a good or bad choice. The staff was accomodating from reminding us through sms about our reservation to our actual check-in. We were assigned to different floors but there was an internal telephone for us to check on our other companions. The bed is small if you have a large frame but they have rooms that are of different sizes so just choose the one that fits your requirements.

The staff even helped us catching a cab going to our dinner place, Larsian Fuente Osmena (go here, you won't regret it!)

Overall, if you need to be near the Magellan's Cross and Santo Nino Basilica...stay here! it's right cross, you may even see it through your window (but unfortunately for us....we left early in the morning to catch a ferry to Bohol)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank lolafefe
Puerto Princesa, Philippines
Reviewed 4 June 2011

This is a gem in the rough. Reasonably priced and clean (the only thing I ask for when looking for a place). It's very close to the cathedral. Wouldn't rely on the shuttle though, made me just a bit nervous that we won't be able to make it to our flight because the shuttle didn't arrive as scheduled.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank TinaPalawan
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 28 March 2011

my boyfriend booked this particular hotel for 3 reasons, first they're relatively the nearest place to stay to get around the city , second they advertise free pick-up from & to the airport & lastly its of good value with new rooms. It was a complete disappointment when we were never picked-up from the airport, had we not called the hotel several times we would have not known the shuttle won't be there when we expected it. it was a good thing the hotel made up for it and brought us to the north bus terminal the next day because we were heading to bantayan island really early and the last thing i wanted was to start my day frustrated. the rooms are as expected, nice, clean and simple. very worth it for the price we paid staying for a single night. the staff could do better though, they're a bit less organized as if they've started operations just yesterday. its a very small hotel, you'd expect more from their service than what they deliver. its a good place but could have been better.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank trinkettraveler
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 15 February 2011

First, this is the best for overnight stay bec of its location and they have free shuttle service.

But receptionists are air-headed. After discovering that buying rooms online has surcharge, I called them while i was finishing the committed booking online to book 2 other rooms as I would be travelling with 6 children and to note, this was 2 weeks before our trip.

Our flight was delayed, I called the receptionist while in Manila for her to inform the shuttle driver to wait for us. Upon arrival at 11pm, I called again and she informed me that there's only 1 reserved room and she was trying to sell their more expensive rooms and shuttle has left.

I got mad at her explaining the value of reserving 2 weeks ahead as we have 4 small cranky, sleepy children, etc. etc. And it's their job to be efficient as things like this could be a disaster for someone's trip especially that kids are involve. I was close to getting another hotel but I already paid one of the rooms online.

On my third call, she said everything is alright. We got the rooms that we reserved in the end. (What is wrong with them??) I never asked, i just went to sleep in our supposedly queen-sized bed but it's really a double-sized bed. I'm glad that my 6'2 husband, 2-yr old child and I were really, really tired that we were able to fit ourselves in that really small bed.

I have to note that the driver is really nice and he apologized and told us that he left because the shuttle was already full. Now only if all the receptionists are efficient, they could be a great hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family