“Good value for money”

Sampaguita Suites-Plaza Garcia
Ranked #26 of 91 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed 10 December 2011

The hotel was situated right in the heart of the nearby tourist spots (Basilica, the City Hall and the Magellan's Cross) which can easily walk around. Food establishments are also easily accessed by walking. It's very easy to get a cab going to the airport would take around 30-40 minutes travel.

The hotel would require a deposit of Php 500 which will be returned upon check-out. The room was just basic for an overnight stay. During my afternoon check-in, there were no towels available yet in the room as they were still waiting for delivery from laundry service.

The bed sheet was a bit worn out already and badly needs replacement as it was also torn out. The cable tv in my room was not working with a very bad reception. The hotel staff was quite friendly except those who were at the front desk, the lady who was not too friendly during my time of arrival.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Foxykix

Reviewed 1 December 2011

stayed at hotel for 5 nights close to sights and transportation....staff very helpful and friendly and helpful and cafe next door .....the owners and staff of the cafe went out of there way to help and guide us with our trip and made us feel right at home.....will always be grateful and i hope friends for life...

thanks david and rachel
and denny

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank daveandrachel
Reviewed 8 October 2011

Coming in from the port, knowing the taxi driver trick us being the hotel in a walking distance only, got me really pissed off. The moment the taxi stop in front of the hotel, knowing I was not able to do my advance reservation, had me expecting more problems leading to a very grouchy mood. But it was dispersed immediately. The concierge automatically opens the taxi door, greet me, pick up my luggage and lead me inside the hotel. From the door, the bell boy smile and welcome me. The reception was full but the moment they saw me at the back, they give out welcome smile and help me get a room immediately. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. Location was perfect as I can walk to most of the tourist spots. On check out, since my flight is late at night, they offer to keep my luggage for free to enjoy the rest of my waiting time without the hassle! And take note, the guard and bellboy would give you tips on how to get to those tourist spots cheaply and not take the taxi or hotel service! Very nice for backpackers and people on a tight budget. I would highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Even if you were not able to book for your preferred room, the prices are very affordable.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SadjzSumague
Reviewed 15 September 2011

If you are not really looking for a perfect place to stay, Sampaguita suites can be good for you. This is ideal for backpackers, for those who would like to tour the city and for just a short stay.

This hotel is near crown regency, Jollibee, greenwich and all other restaurants in town.
Their receptionists and bellboy are very accommodating too.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Our stay in Sampaguita Suites-Plaza Garcia was hassle free. It's centrally located, very near to the Cebu City Hall, a stone-throw away from Magellan's Cross and Basilica Minore.
The price of their barkada room was right for the facilities provided like cable tv, room service, telephone, clean toilet/ shower and good water supply. The receptionist also allowed us to leave our luggages even we've checked out during our city tour. I would recommenf this hotel for a budget traveller like me.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Stayed here on our first night in Cebu which was actually either a good or bad choice. The staff was accomodating from reminding us through sms about our reservation to our actual check-in. We were assigned to different floors but there was an internal telephone for us to check on our other companions. The bed is small if you have a large frame but they have rooms that are of different sizes so just choose the one that fits your requirements.

The staff even helped us catching a cab going to our dinner place, Larsian Fuente Osmena (go here, you won't regret it!)

Overall, if you need to be near the Magellan's Cross and Santo Nino Basilica...stay here! it's right cross, you may even see it through your window (but unfortunately for us....we left early in the morning to catch a ferry to Bohol)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank lolafefe
Reviewed 4 June 2011

This is a gem in the rough. Reasonably priced and clean (the only thing I ask for when looking for a place). It's very close to the cathedral. Wouldn't rely on the shuttle though, made me just a bit nervous that we won't be able to make it to our flight because the shuttle didn't arrive as scheduled.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends