“Must-see in Cebu”

Cebu City, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Must-see in Cebu”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

This museum is a treasure trove. I didn't know what to expect but there were many different exhibits, so much that I was not able to see all in the same visit. Unfortunately the next time I went it was closed due to the earthquake of October 2013.

Visited June 2013

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“History kept”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Enjoyed this place and learning about Cebu. I recommend this place for anyone. You will learn a lot and appreciate the Philippines more.

Visited November 2013
4 Thank VJbantayan
Adelaide, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“The Break We All Deserve”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This is truly a treat for history lovers! It’s the heart of Philippines! No cameras are allowed inside but walking through this museum is just like taking a walk through the history! Upon finding out that this museum was a jail years back, I became more curious and interested! It has various sections of different eras with galleries containing historical mementos from government and private source. There are very friendly guides with whom I had no problem in communicating and they gave me the tour of the whole museum in a total of two hours, but I enjoyed every second of it!

Visited August 2013
9 Thank Jiya X
Kew Gardens, New York
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Inspirational”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I felt in touch with the past. The pre colonial exhibits were interesting but I was interested in the 1880s up till present. The fight for independence was beset with intrigue. I studied a bit of this period so I felt involved seeing some of the displays, newspapers and personal papers of the heroes. The Japanese occupation and post WW 2 elections. The Museo Sugbo is for tourists, history buffs, students and all citizens of Cebu to learn about the glorious history of this island. The small entrance fee is well worth it.

Visited September 2013
8 Thank kewz
cebu
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Cebu's rich culture and history”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Knowing Cebu's rich culture and history was indeed a great experience for me, my husband and my kids. It is a place worth visiting especially when you have kids and you want to show them interesting artifacts. During our visit they provided as a tour guide which was great since you can gather more information than just by merely reading those small caption they provided beside each artifact.

Visited September 2013