“Temporarily but permanent second home (part 3)”

Teo-Fel Pension House
Ranked #42 of 76 Cebu City B&B and Inns
Breda, The Netherlands
“Temporarily but permanent second home (part 3)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

.....I could not remember any inconvenience during our stay despite the power outage. Instead, we enjoyed it up until the power was back in just a few minutes. Last but not the least, let me mention to you about the very likeable restaurant in-charge named Peter. As always, he is the most reliable staff ever with all the innocence in his face giving us utmost service every time we meet him. There is one staff too who seems to compete Peter's service quality. All in all, they did their job well. If you need to ask for hot and cold water, these staff is always in open hands to bring them for you straight to your room. The security guard is willing to give you taxi assistance especially when going to the airport. By the way, you need to prepare your cash because there is no T-7 machine in case you pay by credit card but less worries again because the rate is very minimal. They issue an official receipt as part of the house rule. Oh, I smoke a cig and I didn't want my partner to be a secondary smoker so I simply went downstairs in the open air to chill and returned back to the room afterwards by just few steps up the stairway. One more thing, we were even in the restaurant the entire half-day and were not disrupted at all by any other noise of the ongoers therefore we can say that the restaurant is indeed friendly to have a good conversation even to be compared to other fine-dining restaurants in town. We continued our conversation in the small accommodating sofa in each floor before we finally headed to our room. Such is very homey with a landline to call significant people free of room charge. The lobby in each floor is free from disrupting noise so it is like a home to stay. No doubt, this pension house is the best place for affection especially that we stayed their exclusive! Love and sex in perfect chemistry plus a touch of cries and laughters. No noise, no hassles. Basically, everything is very convenient for my partner and I. In summary, the experience will always be a part of us wherever we go. There is no room for regrets because everything is indeed perfect! And because it is our second home, we'll go back there as soon as possible! There is no place better than home!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Haighton10

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Berlin, Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2011

This pensione is so nice located,even a little bit noisy on weekend. Whenever I come back to stay there,I feel relax and comfortable. It is ok to stay 5 star hotel,but in this pension there is something to recall in our old days. It is kinda dirty though so do not expect too much. the location however i excellent, that is why i recommend it without reservations. opt for the rooms with cable tv.

Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank manganan

Travellers are raving about these Cebu City hotels

Perth
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2010

I organised my brother in law to stay here for 2 nights. When i visited him on the second day my first reaction was "Pack your bags!". I then moved him to diplomat hotel. The room was small, dirty and prison like. The bed sheets didn't even go to the end of the bed, the pillow had no cover and the shower looked rusted out and had a bucket of water and ladle to replace it. He was on the 4th floor and with no elevator you have to walk up there with luggage and all. I found the staff uncaring and difficult.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Lostinperth
Copenhagen
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2010

I have wonder before what’s the difference between a hotel and a pension house. I thought that pension house caters only for old people on a pension. Well, Pension house is just a small hotel with basic amenities.

I went to this pension house by taxi straight from Mactan-Cebu International Airport. Apparently, I can’t make any online reservation on this pension house because they don’t have any website or even a computer on its front desk. Everything that the receptionist had to do, from checking of room availability to issuing of receipt is done manually.

This pension house is located near big universities and schools in Cebu City. It is also a walking distance to Colon Street, the oldest street in the Philippines, although I won’t recommend it for other foreigners to walk to Colon Street unless otherwise you don’t mind security issues and air quality. From Teofel, I can go to big malls like Ayala or SM by mini bus which they call it jeepney or by taxi. Although, I have tried riding a jeepney, I won’t recommend it too because its height is too low, the driver load too much passengers and the air quality I breath while riding the jeepney is way below acceptable standards.

The pension house was cheap yet acceptable in some ways. The room I had was a single air-conditioned room which I estimated to be 2 x 5 meters. The room felt a little bit old based on the paint, cracked furniture, bed, stained tiles on the toilet and appliances that doesn’t work properly or doesn’t work at all.

The air-conditioning unit was very dirty from its filter and other parts. With that, it blows dirty air and as I expected it made me sick for days. The TV and its cable box weren’t working properly or doesn’t work at all. You need to have a degree in Electronic engineering just to make the TV work and figure out how to operate a Chinese-made remote control. That’s how hard it is just to have a little entertainment working on my room. There is no internet or wifi available and the phone line are located at the sitting area of every floor level.

The bed mattress was old and dirty and it was just covered with a thin beddings and thin blanket. The room wasn’t sound proof. I can easily be awakened from the noises that comes from outside the closed windows, door and from the strong vibration the air-conditioning unit made.

As for the toilet, it had a hot and cold shower which I also had to figure it out how it works because you don’t need two separate faucets to switch from hot to cold. On the other hand, the toilet offers an easy yet funny way to take a shower through the use of a bucket and a tumbler. The management of the pension house post a sign in the toilet mirror to turn off the exhaust fan when not in use however, the exhaust fan wasn’t working at all.

As for the hotel personnel most of them are accommodating and warm except for one of the front desk person, I think her name was Cel, who was absent minded while doing her job and a bit too arrogant. She always asked me to pay for the days I’ve used while in fact I have paid in advance. She just berated me to pay and didn’t look their records or receipt.

As for room cleaning, they don’t clean automatically every day. I need to request from the front desk for room cleaning and to supply my toilet with new towel and bathroom tissue which were immediately complied by their cleaning staff.

With regards to their restaurant or should I say canteen named Cafe Felicidad, it’s pathetic. They only serve Filipino street food and no consideration for other food options especially for their foreign guest.

This Pension house could have been better if the management have realized the need to computerize and adapt to contemporary way of running their small business hotel and further improve their facilities and services

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
#48 of 321 in Cebu Island
Honey Hunt House
Honey Hunt House
#46 of 76 in Cebu City

Been to Teo-Fel Pension House? Share your experiences!