“Employees very friendly, the pension is clean.”

and 1 more site!
San Remigio Pensionne Suites
Ranked #53 of 82 Cebu City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Very good service,
We love our room
The way to the location is not very appealing but go
To the pension itself is good, only the way and surroundings before entering is not appealing. But staff is vey helpful thanks

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 19 February 2013

Yesterday, we went for a dinner at San Remegio Pensionne Suite Hotel, early to arrive for we wanted to have dinner early so we could go home earlier, 5:30 pm to be exact when food was ordered. During the order taking, MOST OF THE FOOD AND DRINKS in the MENU are NOT AVAILABLE, anyways, left with no choice since the restaurant is situated on top of the building (no elevator available), we ordered only those available to them. We had a chat with the host who invited us in the said venue while waiting for the food. So FRUSTRATING, the food was served 8:00pm. It took us to wait for 2 hours and a half for us to be able to eat. We called the attention of the manager, so funny when the waiters tend to cover up the situation by not calling their manager immediately were in fact the manager was just on the next table behind us having a meeting. So poor manager that she didnt able to attend immediately to the situation were in fact i know she heard our complaints. When we talked to her, she just gave us a lame reason that they only have one cook since the other cook had an emergency, in fact the reservation was done two days ago and the host even reconfirmed the reservation tuesday morning. SUPRISINGLY, when the food was served, the price does not justify it, chicken were not cooked properly, too salty foods, pancit canton doesnt have any pork mixed with it or even toppings, grilled squid were not cooked properly (might as well ordered a raw one "kinilaw style", hahaha) Calling to the General Manager and the owner of the Pensionne Suite, better act on this one seriously, NO JOKE.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank michelle99_13
Reviewed 28 October 2012

In September this year i was at the hotel with my fiancee to be and must say the hotel catered for what we needed, everyone was so friendly and polite, the rooms were big and well equiped and the kitchen in our room the second week was great, The guard on the gate was very polite and friendly, we met the owner and his family and was invited to the 2nd year anniversary party, lots of food and drink we just couldnt have asked for more, the owner so friendly had photos done with us and his family too, cafe gloria was great to just a flight of stairs away, on the whole i must say for the money theres nowhere in the u/k could come anywhere near it for price. we will certainly use this hotel again long may it flourish, many thanks to all the staff Brian U/K and partner

Room Tip: the rooms with a kitchen are a Godsend
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank brian e
Reviewed 16 October 2012

The hotel is very clean and the staff are accommodating. The interior of the room is very modern and chic. The place is very quiet and the bed is so comfy... How i wish you have the same hotel in Davao... Your money is worth it. Although the location is not that easy access to the main road, wifi is only at the reception area and there is no elevator. All in all still very good...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Yuna Y
Reviewed 15 January 2012

First the good things: They had the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in in the PI! The bed was backlit with lighting that was a little swanky and cool. Clean sheets and linen. Fairly large room, and had a whole separate kitchen, equipped with a fridge, hot pot/slow cooker, microwave, but No grill or oven. There was a full sink, and plenty of plates. Of course I didn't use the kitchen at all, but may work well for some travelers. The room was clean and I saw no roaches, etc.. Large bathroom sink basin, I used to wash some clothes in. Armour, and some drawer space for clothes. The area is reasonably quiet, and the hot water and aircon worked fine. One of the woman staff members looked some ferry schedule information off the internet, and wrote it all down very neatly for me. I appreciated that.

Bad points: The neighborhood is a little sketchy at night especially, I strolled around in the day, and the street was quite flooded and definitely immediate poverty in eye shot. There is a large egg packing ware house adjacent, but has a small bakery, and sports bar too. The hotel is totally gated, and has a guard 24/7; but you definitely need to go by Taxi at night. Some drivers have never heard of it.
The paint along the baseboards was chipping quite a bit. What sort of irked me the most was that they didn't accept credit cards for payment. I had made a reservation online with credit card, but then it didn't go through, so I had to pay in pesos. I think a 3/4 star hotel needs to accept credit cards in a major city!

I wouldn't stay there again, primarily because the location and neighborhood don't work for me. I think some folks would be happy with this place though, especially if you need a kitchen set up.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank mojorayjones
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I would NOT stay at this hotel again, and i certainly won't book it for my friends or family when i get married next year which is the reason why i stayed there just to make sure it was ok..... :(
When you book a room they require a 50% deposit, which incurs a fee when you pay at the bank, so although the room is 950php its then 36php more expensive, 986php. Then they require a scanned copy of the receipt to prove you have paid !
There is NO Wifi in the rooms unless your directly above the reception desk, its in the middle of no where, so you need your own transport, or a taxi to go anywhere and theres no evelvator . . . .
I didnt find the staff i came across very interested in working . . . . more interested in chatting to each other than working, i felt i was a hinderance.
I had booked two nights, Sat and Sun, however because of TS Sendong, my house suffered a power outage and flooding. I emailed the hotel to tell them that i was unable to arrive on the Saturday due to all ferries being cancelled. I sent the email at 1335hrs the earliest i was able to send it, I had to find an internet cafe to do it, as i had no power . . . . On the Sunday when i made the trip as I had to, i was informed by the staff that i had to pay for the night i had not stayed. I refused to stay for the Sunday night and was going to leave, however the Manager as called and i was told i had to pay 190php fee for late cancellation. I found that insulting. ON the Sunday evening, when we arrived back at the hotel after meeting our Wedding planner, the staff on the front desk were more interested in the magazines they were reading that giving me the right room key. . . Security Guard was a great guy, thats the best i can say about the hotel . . . .

Room Tip: Stay at the Alba Uno, in Apas, its two minutes walk to the Asia IT Park, the staff are friendly and...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Eggwhite41
Reviewed 29 November 2011

This is THE best budget hotel I have ever stayed in! The rooms are big and has a balcony, the lighting is really nice, the beddings are classy, new and high quality. Check it out for yourself!
The only downsides might be the that there's no elevator and the location is a bit hidden, which actually could be an upside if you want peace and quiet. I didn't find it a problem since the staff were so friendly to carry all my things without me asking (VERY rare for a budget hotel) and they can get me a taxi anytime within 5-10 minutes of my request (again, VERY rare for a budget hotel).
But again, the real surprise and delight of this hotel was the QUALITY of the room and the bed - better than that of a 3-star hotel at the price of a budget hotel - less than P1,000/night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony, sunrise side. It's majestic in the morning!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo