Harolds Hotel
Tonros Apartelle(Cebu City)
Trinity Suites(Cebu City)
Wellcome Hotel(Cebu Island)
View Hotel
Red Planet Cebu(Cebu City)
View Hotel
Cebu Grand Hotel(Cebu City)
View Hotel
All reviewsrooftop barbreakfast buffetbusiness hotelayala mallironing boardlive bandthe hotel staffother hotelsspacious roomfree shuttletop floorshuttle serviceearly checkwelcome drinklechonbusiness tripchecking in
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I stayed one week in one of its Superior Rooms (Rm 302) and, in that rather long stretch of time, I could not find any fault except, maybe, some small details.

The Cons:
1. The location is not exactly ideal since it is a distance away, though not really much that far, from Cebu's prime commercial/business areas like the Ayala Center and the Fuente de Osmena Ave. It is in the corner of two narrow streets that, during rush hours, might suffer from bad vehicular traffic.

2. The Wi-Fi connection is inconsistent and erratic. You get a good fast signals at times yet either slows down or gets disconnected in other times.

3. The hotel is physically bereft of space hence, its amenities like the gym is so small that when there are already two or three people working out inside, there will no longer be any room for you. Ditto with its ground floor restaurant where the complimentary breakfast is. During the rush of guests going for breakfast in the morning, every seat gets easily filled up.

Pro:
1. Checking-in and out are fast. The front desk staff are warm and courteous.

2. The rooms are clean and well taken cared of by the Housekeeping Staff. Room and housekeeping services are also fast and efficient.

3. Pillows, linens and towels are cool. Clothes cabinet is spacious and comes with ironing facility. Toiletries are also sufficient and the housecleaning staff does a great job at replenishing them promptly. There is also a safety deposit box inside the room and the fridge is well stacked up with food stuffs.

4. Bed and mattress are soft and you'll get a good night's sleep.

5. Even the smallest room such as the one had comes with a bath tub with reliable hot/cold running water all the time.

6. Customer Service, from the front desk, to bell boys, to housekeeping, to room service is top. Imagine, they will not even think twice about accommodating our special request for an early breakfast at around 4am. Room and housekeeping requests are also delivered in a jiffy.

7. What I like most about this hotel is its great food and they come at very reasonable price. For only PhP 300++, you can have a real good hearty buffet of a lunch or dinner which for me is a real bargain.

8. There is a good spa right next door to this hotel (it's either Thai Boran or Nuat Thai, I don't recall which one) where you can relax for a fraction of a price (1 hour massage costs only PhP 150 or just half the price for the same brand and service in Manila).

Conclusion:
For the budget conscious travelers, this is an excellent hotel. It might be categorized as a three-star hotel but it will give you a 5-star service!

Room Tip: Try dining in in this hotel rather have it outside where you might be spending more for less.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Jude T
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I read several very good reviews about this hotel, so decided to give it a shot. I was under the impression it was next to Ayala Mall. That is not the case. it is over 1/4 mile away. I suppose you could walk there, but given the traffic and state of the sidewalks, it is best to take a taxi.

Check-in was fine and my hotel room was nice with a very good bed. The first night, I ordered their special hamburger. It did not taste right, but I attributed that to possibly the seasoning, and so ate most of it. About 30 minutes later I got violently ill for the rest of the night, and this stayed with me for most of my stay. I am assuming the meat was bad and I got food poisoning. The next morning I went to the breakfast. My girlfriend ordered eggs. They never arrived. She went up to the omelet bar again and reordered them. They never arrived again. By this time we were done with the rest of our breakfast, so she just gave up and we left the restaurant.

My girlfriend was sick, so in several cases I had to leave her in the room while I bought her things in local stores. Unfortunately we were only given one key. It needed to be used for both the room power, and also to operate the elevator. That being the case, when I would leave her, I would have to do so with her being left in a dark, warm, and powerless room. Not ideal. Due to her being sick, I had no choice but to use room service again. I very clearly ordered my meals. When they arrived the side orders were wrong. I told the waiter the problem and asked to it to be resolved asap. He said he would be right back. After one more call and a few threats, the orders were finally delivered about an hour later, long after my plate was outside the door. The waiter apologized but said they were too busy to get back to me quickly. I told him I did not want the orders now, and asked to speak with the manager to both to the waiter and to the phone attendant. I never received a call back or any apology. I was completely ignored, and of course charged for everything.

I had no other negative experiences except the inevitable being charged for mini bar drinks which I never touched. Beer in this case and I don't drink alcohol.

Bad F&B, but i suppose not a bad hotel otherwise. I will definitely stay elsewhere next trip however.

Room Tip: I was on the 5th floor and could hear significant travel noise. Possibly having a higher room would help this problem.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AlbertoLA
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I think this place is a hidden gem and not easily found. It is clean and neat and the service was quite good. It is has a good location, easy to get a cab, good service. The rooms are fairly modern and clean. Do NOT miss the bar and restaurant on the roof. It has great views with reasonably priced food and drinks. The hotel does not do a good enough job advertising it - I didn't even know it was there! Only gripe was with the laundry - took too long, they tried to charge me for "express service" but it wasn't even fast and it came back still damp. Not a bad buffet with western style food in the downstairs restaurant.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor - its on a busy street
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JGR528
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This hotel made me feel safe during super typhoon "Yolanda". What I liked most, personel were calm, no stress, no panic, nothing. Everything worked as usual. Even when electricity went down in the area, in a moment (I guess) hotel switched on there generators, so, nothing to worry about.
The room is large, well equiped. Wifi worked well even during typhoon. Complimentary water in the room and tea/coffe making facilities. White towels, slippers, ironing board, safe box and etc. Just perfect.
Breakfast very rich, many hot dishes, salads, fruits, omlets as you wish.
Personel of the hotel smiling, polite and helpful.
During typhoon we ordered food to the room. It took anly 25 minutes to get tasty dishes. Prices... well, I would say cheap - 3-4 euro for a dish. Even the other day when the weather was good and sunny we decided to have lunch in the room :)
There is a small supermarket only 50 meters away, if you need anything. Taxi to "Robinsons Mall" 3-5 minutes (50 php).

We liked this hotel for everything. Strongly recomended.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank SigitaVilnius
Reviewed 22 October 2013

i have been to alot of hotels , this one is superbly wonderful. staffs are friendly and would not miss making sure guest is really taken cared of.
room is spacious with complete amenities in it. ..love the soft bed. really comfy ! and i so love the terrace , where i have enjoyed a cup of coffee.
food is yummy. they just have enough choices since i am not a big on food choices. love the ambience of the restaurant. nice music and u can also see the busy streets through its glass panels.
and this , i would really like to point out , the concierge /bell boy have this extra ordinary service. when u come in and out , when u hop in and out of the cab , they are there to assist you with the car door , luggages right away ! that is so impressive !

Room Tip: all rooms are spacious. beautiful tubs . light effects is a big factor .
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo