“Water pressure is weak”

Diamond Suites & Residences
Ranked #28 of 92 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Deserves 2 stars at best. No I take it back 1 1/2 stars only. Needs new towels and update ur bathroom. Put more lights in the room. Food is allright for light snacks. Hotels live and die with there water, and they dont have it. I booked 2 queen beds and they gave me 1 queen and 1 single. Who ever gave them 4 stars shoul be mentally examined.. :(

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed 26 August 2013

This property is value for your hard earned money. With the rates they charge especially if one avails their promotions, the rooms and location of the hotel are top notch. The room size of the standard room is just right, not very big but suited our needs. The bathroom was all white so one can see how clean it is. Diamond Suites is located in front of Ayala Mall. Be careful though when crossing the busy street as there is no pedestrian lane. A swimming pool on the rooftop gave relief for hot days. Guests should know that the building has unit owners as well and the hallways are not airconditioned.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mba a
Reviewed 8 August 2013

My family and I stayed in Diamond Suites for 3 days and 2 nights. Booking them was very easy, all I had to do was email them and I paid via bank deposit our down payment. Our room was clean, and we were provided with clean sheets and towels, and toiletries. Wifi is fast enough for checking emails and messages, but not for uploading files and pictures. Breakfast was surprisingly good, there were enough choices from rice and bread to noodle soups and congee, to fresh fruits and salads. Service is good as well, their staff are friendly and courteous. It is just a stone's throw away from Ayala Mall. You can easily get taxi cabs and ride the jeepneys. There are surrounding restaurants and eateries that you can explore if you get tired of the hotel food. Our overall stay in Diamond suites was good. The next time I visit Cebu, and would want to be near Ayala Mall again I would definitely stay again in Diamond.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Anne C
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Diamond Suites is very accommodating. I stayed here for two nights, and I had a relaxing stay. I like how they are conveniently located, and accessible to Ayala Mall, and the Islands Souvenir Pasalubong shop.

The deluxe room is spacious, and enough leg room to go around. I like the neutral tones of the room, and the warm lighting which is conducive to rest, and sleep. I like the fluffy linens, and i must say that housekeeping did a good job. I also like how quick they were when we had a problem with the toilet. I was impressed at how fast the internet connection was in the room. The reception is very courteous, and helpful in questions regarding directions. The food during breakfast was good, and had enough variety to choose from.

Room Tip: Ask the reception which rooms have fast internet connection.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank PinayTravelista
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Lovely pool deck. A great way to spend a romantic afternoon in sunny cebu. I could get enough of the privacy of the sun deck. great sunrays to be had up there. top notch. Ultra-violet splendor. The most impressive thing about the hotel for me was the wallpaper in the ballroom. So ornate and so lovely. I couldn't get enough of that either. Well well, the restaurant downstairs has some nice food. I was there for a business opportunity meeting and the staff was attentive and a few of the female staff were very pleasant people. I would recommend this place to my friends without a doubt.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We booked nice ahead of our arrival, got two rooms next to each other -family of four- and found out that they were windowless... Luckily we use our hotelroom to sleep in, not to gaze at the traffic nearby :-) We were out of the room from breakfast until later at night, so it didn't matter that much to us, but was quite a surprise nevertheless.

The rooms were very spacious and clean. Housekeeping did a good job, the restaurant (breakfast) was OK - early birds ate much of the fruit -, variety is limited (we stayed in total 5 nights). Reception is very helpful and courteous -one very long haired lady being the exception, she had the idea she was our superior. Swimming pool is small, but was almost always empty, so that didn't matter. Nice to take a dip in the morning/evening/...

There was nothing bad to mention about it really, a good place to stay.

Location, next to the Ayala mall is great. Jeepneys stop near the front door, other route jeepneys are at the mall (special dedicated area) with a lot of very friendly helpful people that diect you to the one you take best.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank SEATravellerFromEU
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I wanted to stay in a hotel where it would be near a mall (like Diamond was just literally walking distance from Ayala Center) so it wouldn't be hard to find good food other than hotel food. I was on a business trip so I was by myself, the staff were really well-trained, from the guard to the front desk and bell man.
Although it took quite awhile to get me checked into my room, probably it was because of the number of guests, there was only one person manning the front desk at that time but i was able to check in pretty quick than most hotels I've been to.
The room is just enough, they have a work station beside the bed and the lighting can be changed to suit your mood (unlike some hotels where they just have really bright lights or just really dim dim lights). My only problem is that the bath room looked a bit old (stains and all) and the water pressure wasn't that strong as I had hoped it would be but other than I loved their touch of "home" in the hotel like providing bedroom slippers, having a personal safe inside your closet where you can store your valuables and on top of that they have complimentary bathroom essentials (soap, lotion, shampoo/conditioner and yes, a razor!).

I would definitely request to stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: rooms not near the elevator if you don't want noise (sometimes, guests tend to be noisy going in...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business