“Near Ayala Mall” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
Makati, Philippines
“Near Ayala Mall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Walking distance from Ayala Center! Their rooms are small but still comfortable. I love their pillows!!! We asked for an extra bed and was surprised (and very much delighted) to see that its really a bed and not just a mattress or a common folding bed like in most hotels. So good job!

Staff are friendly! Smoking area in the 2nd floor. The elevator is very small but there's stairs and, because, our room is just on the third floor, we opted to use the stairs (exercise!). When we stayed there, I think their walls were newly-painted so there's a funny smell on the hallway.

I wasnt able to use the pool but my room mates said its quite disappointing.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Andi S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Canberra, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

The room that I was provided with was quiet, but I was disappointed that both the swimming pool and fitness room were closed for renovation. That was a let down because both amenities are promoted by the hotel. I would have been less dissatisfied if one was still available, but to have both under renovation at the same time seemed to be poor planning.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank brettpa

Travellers are raving about these Cebu City hotels

Iligan City, Iligan, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

I first stayed at Diamond Suites early last year. I was impressed by the clean lines, and neutral color tones in the room. The room was light, and relaxing to the eyes that I decided to try it out again early this year.

Location was also one of the re4asons why I stayed here. It is less than five minute walk to the mall, and very accessible when commuting around the city.

On thing that I also liked about Diamond Suites is how fast the services, and response were for requests of additional towel, or when asking someone to check out a problem with the sink faucet which was addressed promptly.

The restaurant, and breakfast was really fitting. I like their breakfast served which was surprisingly good for the rates.

The do have fast internet connection, and I would come back, and stay here should I need a place to stay, and work at the same time. With that said, yes, I would go back to stay at Diamond Suites.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank PinayTravelista
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

The hotel and condo is ok. The people are brilliant as they look after us. The building could really use maintenance i.e. the gym is like a storage room not a gym, the pool is not maintained and not safe for kids, the toilets by the pool is out of order for the whole month we stayed, the roof obviously needs maintaining. We are located on the 6th floor condo 607, whenever it rains, the rain drips down on the marble corridor and makes and the hallway very danger zone to walk. Also, heavy rain made one of the condo bedroom ceiling leaking so badly, we had to come down to the front desk to ask for more buckets, as they didn't want to send maintenance to help us during a heavy rain fall at 12 midnight.
The trouble with the condo is not up to the standard or what they advertise. No running hot water, we had to ask for hot showers to be put in. Very low water pressure for showers and bathroom flushing.
No clear responsibility of who is in-charge between the condo management and the hotel management. Any problems we had just went around in circles, until we had to take our own time to fix the problem and sit people down.
We did not try the buffet, but they could use a 24 hour service, as my 3 year old boy was hungry at 2 am, and we had to venture out to get food.
Location is ok, but its not really a family establishment, even though they got the residences.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Temecula, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

This hotel is very near Ayala mall which is a nice plus. it's a short 5 minute walk... We stayed 5 night here. The room was clean with everything you could want... Buffet with omelet bar included.
They have a pool though I never got to use it.. The one thing I did not like about the cleaning staff was, my wife is a Filipino and when she came out of my room with me it was Like she was a street girl... The rest of the staff was very hospitable...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank olmanDavid
philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

this hotel is very near ayala mall..it's a short walking distance. food in the coffee is good. we had lunch here but the order takes sometime. i guess the kitchen does not pre prepare the food..which i think is good because the order comes out fresh. breakfast is limited but understandable since the hotel is not really charging so much.

this was our second stay here...the first time we were here, my son accidentally left his iphone in the lobby sofa. the security returned it to front desk so he was able to retrieve it.

no nice view from the room...but if your purpose is just to have a good sleep..i think this hotel will suffice.

Room Tip: ask a higher floor to get a better view perhaps?