“Great food, poor service! ”

STK ta bai! at Paolito's Seafood House
Ranked #23 of 701 Restaurants in Cebu City
Cuisines: Philippine, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: First of all, it's hard NOT to remember the rather longish name. STK stands for the local dialect's term for grilled, sour soup, and pickled, a description of the type of food one can order in the restaurant. The ambience of this seafood house is unique. It's actually an old house with 1930s-1960s memorabilias and antiques. Their POS is even this old cash register. Their phones are the old ones with dials. Then the food. They serve authentic grilled Filipino dishes like the jaws of the tuna fish ("panga" in the local dialect) and innovative creations like curried crabs. Finally, the bill...US$7/head and you head out with a doggy bag! Good ambience, excellent food, and great value for money.
“Great food, poor service! ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

It took them an hour to serve our orders and they got it wrong twice. Nonetheless, the food was very good and the price was very reasonable.

2 Thank Eun G

• Korean first
Lapu Lapu, Philippines
“Seafood delight!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

We had our team bonding here. The food is great. The place has a bar setting. The only problem is I'm not used to such kind of atmosphere. Their crew offers great service.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank FallenCupid007
Singapore, Singapore
“Best food in Cebu!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Utterly delicious and so worth a visit. I was beginning to think that the food in Cebu was tasteless and unappetizing, and then I discovered STK. I'd never eaten tuna belly before, and having read a review I thought I'd give it ago. Despite it being pre-barbeque'd and re-heated, it was succulent and mouth-wateringly good. I've eaten a lot of scallops in my time, but the glazed scallops were a taste-sensation! Last but not least, the calamari was very good.
Reasonably priced, and interestingly decorated, I'd definitely go back.
Don't expect great service, even so - it's worth it!

Visited March 2014
Paranaque, Philippines
“OMG!!! ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

We had a bad experience last March 21 2014 when me, my mom and her clients went to visit this "famous STK" downtown. BTW this is my second visit and still the same sooooooper bad experience. FIRST, I had a reservation to them between 7 to 730pm as some of my companion came from Manila especially my mom but when we arrived and asked the waiter for our reservation so they saw my name on the wall that I really contacted them. But when they checked our designated RESERVED table it was TAKEN. So they look for another table but to no avail we waited for almost an hour just to have our seat. IMAGINE WE HAD OUR RESERVATION BUT STILL WE NEED TO WAIT and one thing ive noticed they are giving chairs to some guests who just arrived?!? OMG

While waiting the waiter said theyre just sanitizing our tables so they already took our order.. but after 20 to 30 minutes.. WALA PARIN KAMENG UPUAN!! Grabe naman ang sanitation na gingwa.. so malamang malamig na ang order namen..
Then an old guy approached us may upuan na daw. Eto ka, they will let us seat in a room na sira ang aircon at amoy pintura.. what I hate most is.. nkipagsagutan pa sa mama ko ung matanda.. thats so pathetic he dont even know what good customer service is.. then later on father pla siya nung girl na nasa picture lage at may ari.. so I was thinking tinuringan pang mayari wala namang mgandang ugali..

Now finally after 1 hr and 30 mins may upuan na tlga kme.. but then the food were not ours.. ngkamali pa!!! So i intentionally look for the waiter na kumuha ng order aun nga malamig na ang sabaw namen..

If not for their food di na sana kme mgstay but the time and effort were wasted na so we ate there.. pasalamat sila I didnt ask for any compensation with the inconvenience they brought us!!!

Poor customer service. NO MANAGEMENT AT ALL!!! IN ALL ASPECTS..

2 Thank Kyran D
Cebu City, Cebu City, Philippines
“a must try!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

It's the ambiance that adds credit to the restaurant. You feel at home when you dine and the food is just like cook by a regular kusinera but it taste really good.

• Visited August 2013