“A great hotel for a good price”

Premiere Citi Suites
Ranked #46 of 91 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Stayed here for two nights last week. We only booked the standard room because we figured we'd be touring for most of the day and will just go there to sleep. Nonetheless, the room was great. It had a nice design and it was spacious, considering it was only a standard room.

The people were friendly, and checking in was a breeze. I reserved about a month before the trip, and their representative answered my numerous questions :)

Location-wise, it is pretty much perfect. It's near the mall, it's easy to get a cab, and always a few minutes away from the good places to eat.

We loved the roofdeck, by the way. We were allowed to stay there even though we bought coffee from outside. The view was nice.

I'd recommend this hotel to anyone going to Cebu :)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank jmseven

Reviewed 9 February 2012

An acquaintance informed me of this relatively new hotel in uptown Cebu. It is easily accessible and within walking distance to Robinson's Mall and some eating places. The property is reasonably clean with spacious rooms (deluxe). The beds are comfortable enough for a good night's sleep although the noise from the airconditioning unit might bother light sleepers.The bathrooms are clean with sufficient water pressure. There is a small refrigerator in the room. What is a lacking is a small table and chairs as the room configuration seems like space was allotted for some furniture. Staff are pleasant most especially the servers at the 8th floor rooftop cafe. It is rather basic but you really get great value for what you pay. I would come back.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank JEmmanuelLasPinas
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I usually stay here twice a month (work-related). Great value for money. Just book early. If problem arises, you can always ask for assistance.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Aihles
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I grew up in the neighborhood but a couple of years ago migrated overseas, and i really wanted a hotel that is close to Mango. It is very hard to book a hotel in the area especially around sinulog season. Apparently most of the hotels/inns/lodgings/pension houses or whatnot are either too expensive or just plain substandard. My fiance and i did our research (he lives in the city, so i got him to check out about 20 hotels in the mango/capitol area and take pictures of the rooms/washrooms before i flew for cebu). After an arduous process of hotel shopping, this hotel came out with the best bang for our buck, so we booked a room for this hotel. It is so hard to book a room in this hotel because apparently, it is very much in demand (i take it because of its #4 ranking here). i had to make a few calls from overseas, begged and negotiated until we finally got a room. the room is more than i expected for the price we paid. i stayed here for about 16 days, and i am very satisfied with this hotel. I am coming back this December 2012, and im really hoping to stay in this hotel again.

PROS:
1.) wifi --> can you say SUPER DUPER FAST!??
2.) nice 32" or so LCD tv (you can tell they so did not spare any penny on room amenities)
3.) attached-to-wall closet, loved this thing because i shop a lot and this gives me room to put my stuff in
4.) housekeeping cleaning everyday
5.) friendly staff (Cherrie Ann is heaven-sent)
6.) water dispenser in every floor
7.) nice roofdeck view --> makes you feel romantic just looking from up here
8.) love the vicinity --> far enough from the highways to give a little peace and quiet, but also close enough to get to the nearest Robinson mall, National bookstore, restaurants (Jollibee, Chowking, Dimsum break, Starburst, Red Ribbon etc)

CONS:
1.) Water heater in shower can't stay hot/cold at the set you want it
2.) water from showering leaks outside of the bottom shower door frame (this can easily get really unsanitary)
3.) aircon was pretty loud (buuuuuuuuuuuuuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)
4.) food was very limited, i think they only have like 30 or so menu items, but since the place is so close to restos, just walk around the area and find someplace else to eat (closest i think is red ribbon, and their food is not bad)

anyways, i would definitely recommend this hotel, hopefully the staff would keep this same standard with the hotel the next time i stay here..

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank ramrojo
Reviewed 26 December 2011

Upon check-in I requested two rooms to be next to each other. The staff said that there are only two rooms left eventhough the bldg seems to be occupied by only us and few other couples, but not enough reason to justify their reason. Although I dont want to believe them maybe I should give it a try. The first room was located at the 3RD floor and the other was at the 5th floor. The 5th floor was great, but the 3RD floor stunk. The room smells disgusting eventhough I opened the windows and sprayed with Lysol/air freshener. I went back downstairs and discuss the issue and tried to play like a fool again. So, I contacted my travel agent and discuss it with them. My agent informed me that the hotel staff will give me a room desirable to my advantage and it will be on the 5th floor that I originally wanted. I talked to the staff downstairs and they end up giving me a room at the 6th floor. This room is so much better than the 3RD floor. Although they fixed the issue, I am not happy with the service. I would pay more for a better hotel and get the service and quality that I wanted. Since my agent recommended this hotel I decided to go along with it. Lessons learned: 1) Know the hotel that you wanted based on reviews and recommendations of friends and families.2) I could save more goin straight to the hotel for reservations to save and remove the travel agent to be able to save more.

• Stayed: December 2011
4  Thank Jalmanac
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Me and my husband stayed here most of the month of May 2011. Nice clean hotel, water dispencer in every floor, free wifi and spacious room. We went for a trip to the province and they have space to leave our luggages while we are away for almost a week. Lovely roof deck restaurant / dining area with great view of Cebu City. The staff are also helpful and friendly. Will definitely come back.

Room Tip: I forgot which room we stayed but there is not much view in the room. But the roof deck dining area...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Donah Marie E
Reviewed 10 December 2011

I did a great deal of research on the best hotel to stay at for my 10 day vacation and I have NO regrets picking this hotel over all the others.
It's not a 5 star hotel but you get more for the amount you pay for.

PROS:
-It's near Mango square (Clubbing area) which is a major plus for me, id say it's about 5 mins walking distance to Mango.
-Fastfood restos around Mango area
-Near Robinsons Mall
-Clean rooms
-Daily house cleaning. They change your sheets and towels daily =)
-ceiling to floor window gives amazing city view at night! and a very nice ambiance during the day time
-LCD TV, with good choices of cable channels
-I loved that the deluxe room had a very comfortable Sofa Bed
-Loved the working station on the corner of the room with a nice long desk and chair.
-Enough space for luggage and shoes, a nice big cabinet to hang your clothes in or place folded clothes in
-Safety deposit box in the room
-Water dispenser in every floor
-Clean building
-Very fast WIFI connection!!! super fast! so impressed with it. (each room has its own router)
-Room was very spacious! Im assuming all the other rooms above deluxe would be bigger coz deluxe itself was spacious. Idk how big the standard room it tho'

CONS:
-Water still seeps out of the shower enclosure
-Limited "free breakfast" Menu
-Breakfast Meals were usually served too oily
-Serving was too Small
-Food isnt all that. Some are really bad and some are Ok
-Noisy AC (I coudlnt sleep on my first night! that's how loud the AC got)
-Mini Bar in the room didnt have good choices of anything other than the snickers chocolate bar =/ (It would be so much better if they add some chips on their mini bar)
-Pillows were too thin and flat
-Bed is ok. It's bearable. But if you're used to super soft beds then I suggest u sleep on the sofa bed (if you have deluxe room &up) instead since its softer in comparison to the actual beds.
-Staff were so-so .. some were very smiley and happy, others were grumpy and just plain annoying.
-Does not accept any type or card payment. (credit/debit).. they only accept cash or company checks. That was a hassle for me coz' Philippine ATMs will charge you P200 ($5) for every withdrawal transaction aside from the ATM fee I didnt feel comfortable having to withdraw such a big amount of money on public ATMs.
-Their key card reader was so hard to work with. I usually had to spend 3-4 mins just trying to open the door.. =/
-Security guard was a bit slow at opening the door, and I usually catch him sleeping on the job lol

I would stay at this hotel again. Actually I tried booking a room for the next time I fly back to philippines but they were fully booked for sinulog =(

I definitely recommned this hotel.

Number of nights in the hotel: 10 (nov26-dec6 2011)
Room: 601, deluxe

The hotel is fairly new so not a lot of taxi drivers know where the hotel is, it would be good to mention "baseline" it's a well known resto? or bar? around the area.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family