“Nice hotel but bad location”

Premiere Citi Suites
Ranked #45 of 92 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Fortunately we stayed for 2 nights only. Though the room is clean and spacious their location is hard to find by taxi's. Also at night there are prostitute right across the street where they pick-up customers. How convenient? When a girlfriend of mine came by & I met her outside I heard someone whistling us. That's disgusting! So I wont recommend walking here at night ladies & your kiddos. Either you will be thought of a prostitute or be robbed coz the street is dark. Not convenient to restaurants or stores. You have to take a taxi to get you anywhere.Plus you only get the benefit of their food if you have free breakfast coz it's expensive. Kudos to some staff coz they are nice though the guy receptionist at night was a bit rude when I asked where's the place to go for fun that's not too far. He couldnt really give us anything. Looks like he was dozing off that night.The guard was more helpful! Glad I brought white noise for my child coz you can hear the other room doing stuff. Never to stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank RMama007

Reviewed 10 April 2013

The rooms are well equiped with comfy beds (2 queen sizes in a double room), clean bathrooms, AC, fridge and TV.

The rooftop bar, where the breakfast is served, has a very nice view. The complementary breakfast is average and I recommend to ask for the breakfast menu (breakfast for approx. 150 Pesos per person is well worth the money).

The reception staff is very friendly and do their best do fulfill all the wishes of their guests.

Location is OK, even if the there is not much to see the around the hotel. Walk to the Ayla Center takes about 20 minutes, taxi costs 150 Pesos. There are several restaurant in short walking distance (e.g. STK ta Bay!).

All in all a good, reasonable priced hotel.

The only point I would change: replacement of the bath towels and bed sheet with stains.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bkker
Reviewed 6 April 2013

If you just needed a comfortable place to spend the night with when in Cebu, then this is just what you need. No extra perks or something but just the basics. Our room has 2 queen size bed w/ clean bath/toilet room that has hot/cold shower. AC functions well and the location is just near the city proper. It also has a mini fridge, flat screen TV and wifi. They also serve free breakfast at their rooftop resto which gives you a nice view of the city. Really this place is a value for the money. I think one room only cost us around 1900 pesos and since we're 3 persons in one room, we only spent around 650 each. The staff we're accommodating as well. Check this place out when in Cebu.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank kach_d_katt
Reviewed 19 March 2013

The staff really made this hotel a gem. Very Cheery and happy to tell me about the town on my short stay to catch a flight in the morning. The rooms have A/C. It isn't the coldest A/C in the world, but for the price of the room, I can't complain. It's very clean and has free TV/Internet if you need that. I didn't get to see the rooftop deck, since they had a private function the night I was there and I had an early flight out, but I still had a great stay mainly due to the friendly staff. Thank you Cherry!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank peterTnomad
Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

The hotel is new so it's quite clean for the price you're paying. They have free breakfast if included in the fee and if not, you can eat at the opposite side of the road or anywhere near the hotel. Lots of options since it's in central Cebu. The room is comfortable and the staff are friendly. I stayed twice, last 2011 and 2012. So far so good. If you don't feel comfortable in your room you can always ask for options. If they have available rooms, you can always transfer. They have laundry services inside the hotel and outside. The only downside is, sometimes it'll take you thirty minutes to an hour to wait for a taxi cab. That happens rarely though. Overall, it's a very decent hotel. The price is good and I will surely come back.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Wifi did not work, the window did not close, the bathroom was not really clean neither the rest of the room.
As I arrived in the Philippines I found the place disgusting.
Two months later I find the place not so bad since I have seen much worse !

Much much better in Cebu however a tad more expensive is mcitisuites.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2013

My wife and I stayed for 3 nights and it was a great deal. We paid only 995 pesos for the first night with no breakfast and 1395 pesos with breakfast for the last 2 nights. The second room was larger with 2 double beds instead of just one. The bathroom had the best shower we've experienced in the country - strong and hot. The Wi-Fi was fast. The breakfast is good with fresh brewed coffee and eaten on the roof of the hotel with a nice view of Cebu. Free drinking water is available in a water cooler on each floor.

Nearby are 2 great restaurants - TDK ta Bay and Yayoy's. We could get to SM, Ayala Centre and the Fort and Church downtown easily by jeepney. The street is quiet by Philippines standards with easy access to the Northern Bus Terminal for Malapascua and Bantayan. Overall I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this accommodation to anyone. And the front desk staff were very helpful and friendly too. 2 thumbs up for sure!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple