“A Must For When Hung Over and Craving Barbicue”
Review of Larsian

Larsian
Ranked #25 of 742 Restaurants in Cebu City
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
“A Must For When Hung Over and Craving Barbicue”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

So like all 3rd world country street food always be prepped to get sick... I have never gotten sick off of Larsian, but some have.. However their Barbicue and Puso (Hanging Rice) is delicious and one craves it throughout the year. In the event that you would feel safer trying similar barbecue else where..Barbicue Boss in Talamban is similar in taste, but you miss out on the street foodie atmosphere. Make sure in either venue you ask for soy sauce, calamansi and chili that is your mix to the barbecue and rice.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Shana D

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Bacolod, Philippines
“Poor Ventilation System”
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

This place needs to work on improving the ventilation system as all the smoke from tbe grilling just stays in the place. You get to smell like a barbecue when you leave this place.

The food and price is reasonable but the place is so hot that it cab ruin your appetite.

Parking is also a challenge.

1 Thank Dafufu
Boston
“Great meal...not for the faint of heart”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

After our Cebu City Tour, our driver took us to a local place for lunch.

Not for the faint of heart, Larsian BBQ is an outdoor eatery in Cebu specializing in grilled food items. One can choose from the many vendors that hawk a variety of meat and seafood to be freshly grilled for you on the spot. Upon arrival, my husband was very thrilled, “this is the place I saw on YouTube!” he said excitedly. Myself on the other hand, not so much.

I’m all for street food, but it was too early on our trip to risk getting sick. I didn't know how long the raw meat and seafood has been sitting out for. The temperature reached about
88 degrees that day and I felt uneasy about the situation.

I worked up the courage and decided to give it a try. We didn’t go overboard with the offerings. I think our vendor was a bit disappointed. Between the two of us, we got a squid, a whole fish, 2 chicken thighs, and “longaniza” a sweet Philippines sausage that reminded me of Chinese sausage. They also had lots of innards but my husband and I weren't up for that.

Our vendor showed us to his tables in the community seating area and quickly brought us a basket of individual rice triangle wrapped in banana leaves along with Thai chili peppers and plates.
Within 15 minutes our seafood feast was delivered to our table. Everything looked and smelled tantalizing. My apprehension went away and I dug in. The meats and fish had a great charred taste that could only be achieved on the grill.

The traditional way of eating the meal is with your hands. Plastic bags were placed on the tables to be used as gloves. I thought that was a great idea. One can enjoy their meal and nibble on bones without getting their fingers messy. There was also different sauces on the table. I am not sure with the white clear one was, I assumed it would be lime juice and the other was a soy sauce based dip.

When it was time to pay the bill, the vendor came to count our banana leaves from the baskets to calculate the amount of rice triangles we consumed. Good thing he did that, we didn't keep track. Our bill was less than $12.00 for our meats, rice, bottled water and beers.

I’m not sure we will have the opportunity to visit again, but it was definitely a great experience.

• Visited November 2013
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Larsian”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Visited Larsian once, i will visit again. great food, great experience, cheap place to eat good food. Very nice vendors, mostly ladyboys, very friendly. i enjoyed this place so much, dont miss out.

• Visited December 2013
Manila, Philippines
“Larsian in Fuente, Cebu”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Larsian reminds me of Singapore's hawker center, Lau Fau Sat. It is located in the plaza, next to Robinson's. The big difference though is that every stall seems to be offering all the same stuff- grilled chicken, fish, gizzards, pork, chicken skin and cuttlefish. Place is not that clean. Price is reasonable. Gloves are provided. Not bad but better with vinegar and some chili.

• Visited December 2013