“OUT OF STOCK”

Ranked #64 of 89 Hotels in Cebu City
Panglao Island, Philippines
“OUT OF STOCK”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We walked in and found rooms available after checking several Hotels in the area. I asked if they had San Miguel beer and reception responded yes. After checking in I asked for a beer and was served after ordering another I asked for the third beer and was told OUT OF STOCK. After complaining someone came in with about 12 warm beers and I asked for a glass of ice. All was fine. We checked out in the morning but later that evening we returned for another night. This time I asked for a San Miguel and was served right away. When I asked for another I was told OUT OF STOCK again. They did have San Miguel Light. The first room we stayed in was room 604. The sink in the bathroom leaked all over the floor when you turned on the water and the light diffuser was hanging from the ceiling. The second room was 301 and was much better than the first. With a little daily maintenance the rooms can be very nice. The staff was all very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again if rooms were available.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Wayne R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Sinacaban, Misamis Occidental, Philippines
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

The traveller tip to ask for a room near a window is very accurate because the room has that "orange" ambience good for resting and sleeping but not for reading.all in all, i love staying at hotel stella because of the free room service and the free breakfast.very classy though theor rooms are small especially d bathroom.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Hazel Joy L
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 18 June 2014

very fast internet connection compared to other hotels I stayed in. I stayed on the 7th floor and I can see the city. Though the bathroom is very small, but I don't mind. Food was ok. Friendly staffs. 3 to 4 blocks away from Robinson Cybergate. Robinson mall & fuente circle are less than 30 minutes walk. Hospital is nearby. Going back again in November, hopefully will have the same experience or better yet a best experience so will see.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank corzip754
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight in their family room the bathroom is very small. We asked for a rug for the cr after an hour they still havent gave us a rug. I needed to go down to the front desk to ask for it. Their breakfast is also not good.

• Stayed June 2014

Travellers are raving about these Cebu City hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Don't expect too much, but it is clean, and not old and depressing like many places nearby. it is in a quiet street, the staff are friendly and competent and they gave me a seniors citizen's discount. Food (which is nothing to get excited about) if you don't want it in your room can be had downstairs in the lobby.
Rooms are dimly lit and many don't have a window. When I asked them to change a light globe for a brighter one, I got no action, however upon my fourth request I was finally told they are all like that. In other words, take it or leave it.
The Air Con works well, but neighbours and staff can be noisy early in the morning outside in the corridor.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a window (for the light).
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrDestiny
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My family and I wanted to explore another hotel, so I suggested Hotel Stella. I was a bit surprised that upon payment, they only honor 1 senior citizen (SC) card even though my parents are both SC, the reason was only 1 room was availed. The family room was quite small, and the lights were dimmed. We requested for a lamp since my dad wanted to read newspaper, but they can't provide any. Sadly we were all unhappy of our bathroom, it was so small, the toilet bowl and sink were too low. Lastly, they should provide drinking glasses in each room. On the positive side, all of their staff were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed April 2014
Dubai
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I appreciate that the hotel is quite new, modern and really clean. The room is tiny though and we can barely move around between the 2 beds and the bathroom. Given the price though, I think it's just fair.
Our serious issue was the low water pressure in the bathroom. We were on the highest guest floor and we nearly had just drops of water coming out of the shower. We were near the point of checking out early because of this but decided against it as we were flying out after 2 nights so we just cried out of frustration. The hotel could have been really good because of the central location. But the water issue overrode this fact.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends