Everytime I go to Cebu and needs a place to stay, I would choose between 2 pension houses that are reasonable for a budget conscious gal like me. Travelbee Pension House is one of them as they have reasonable room prices, friendly and accommodating staff/personnel, clean and spacious rooms and an accessible location as they are within walking distance to the Robinsons Mall, Chong Hua Hospital and Cebu Doctor's Hospital, food establishments like Chowking, McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Orange Brutus etc. You could also buy medicines at the various pharmacies near the area like Rose Pharmacy and Watsons. For those who need their coffee fix in the morning, there's Bo's Coffee Shop and other cafe's that are also within the area.
You can choose to stay in a non-air-conditioned room called an Economy Room. It's their cheapest room with a maximum of 2 persons at P400 (four hundred Philippine pesos or about $9). Next is their Economy Room, its an air-conditioned room with a maximum of 3 persons which would cost P600-P950 ($14 to $22). They also have rooms for people who travel in groups with a maximum of 6 persons namely their Family Room (air-conditioned, P900-P1250/$21 to $29) and the Deluxe Rooms ) air-conditioned, P1000-P1350/$23 to $31).
The price range depends on the type of bed in each rooms. They have single/double beds and triple beds.
I stayed in their Standard Room which has 2 double beds and I paid P800 ($18) for it. It was a lot of room for a single person to stay but as they were fully booked at that time I had no choice but to take the room. The room contains 2 double beds, air-conditioner, TV, Chair, two seater breakfast nook, socket for your appliances and hot and cold shower. Also included in the room are the toilet paper, slippers for the bathroom, soap and towels, thermos and drinking glasses. As I was staying in a room good for two people I got the soaps, towels etc. in two's. You can avail of their free toast and coffee(instant) for breakfast or if you want a more filling meal you could buy some at their lounge/cafeteria.
What I liked least:
- my room has one socket that's placed far away from the bed
- TV has limited reception. It didn't bother me quite as much as I rarely use it but it could be bothersome for some of the guest.
- thin walls between rooms. Everytime my next door guests cellphone would ring, I would mistake it for mine. It could also be due to the fact that this person had their ringer at the loudest volume so the sound passes easily through the walls.
- would have been better if they include a free (full meal)breakfast instead of free toast and coffee. This is the reason why I check for available room at the other pension house before going here. For the same price that I paid here, I have a free breakfast on the other one.
- call beforehand for reservations as they are always fullybooked
- ask for help with their friendly staff on fare rates for traveling around, directions, taxis and such
- if you would like to roam around Cebu and don't want to bother going back just to check out, you can check out early and arrange for your stuff to be placed on a safe keeping until you return for them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travelbee Capitol Inn Cebu is a family-run establishment that was created with budget-conscious family, business and group travelers in mind. Started in the year 2000, it has since established a loyal following of returning guests who find the home-like atmosphere a joy to be part of. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Travelbee Capitol Inn Cebu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelbee Capitol Inn Cebu Cebu Island/Cebu City