“Very nice!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
Paranaque
“Very nice!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

I am always particular about service , and for this newly opened hotel (they opened feb of this year), they are doing a good job! I entered the hotel and was welcomed by smiling staff and all of them with warm greetings. The hotels reception had generous space, very clean and tasteful furniture. The staff were well groomed . Their bedrooms, were also very clean, pristine white, very ornate abaca headboard which was quite interesting. Spacious dinning area, haven't tried the food yet though since I m always out early and back late, ate out most of the time. I do hope they do maintain this level of service and it would be interesting to see how they fare when I get to visit them in my next trips. Overall, it's a great place , great location and great hospitality!

Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
61 Thank nmc8693
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Cebu, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Dear nmc8693,

Thank you for the review on your stay at our hotel, we always appreciate reviews from TripAdvisor members who are well seasoned travelers.

You have noticed our service and it is the number one key success factor for our hotel and we spend a lot of time with the staff on this and I'm glad it was noticed.

I look forward to your next trip to Cebu and hope you will find the time to try the food as this is the second key success factor here at the hotel and we feel we have a great F&B team. Please give us a try and let us know how we did.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to your return.

Quest Cebu General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Hotel is a very new, modernly furnished hotel. Everything is new and sparkling! Staff was quite knowledgeable, friendly, and had all the services to be expected of a 3-4 star hotel, and executed perfectly too.

The hotel is also in a great location -- very close (around one block) to the Ayala mall, although you have to do a dangerous road crossing right where a bridge comes down, and you have to go through the Ayala mall's jeepney terminal --which can be dusty and smoky and sometimes unpleasant.

The hotel was still under construction so during the day time you will hear some workers working on the other floors, some ground floor office spaces on the other side of the hotel not yet completed, and the road in front of the hotel to be still poorly done.

The room was modernly furnished, with nice soft beds, no tub, but with a modern glass shower-enclosure. For its price, it actually is a good value!

I only have two complaints about the hotel:
a. Not much of a working table in the room ... hardly enough space to put a laptop.
b. The airconditioning in the room is off when you open the room. The only reason why it is bad is because the corridor is nice and cool outside but when you open your room you suddenly feel very hot. The air con also drips in the morning.

WIFI internet is available and was very fast.

Overall, if you need a relatively cheap but good value for your stay in Cebu, Quest is a great choice. If you need a little more business comforts like a working table, and a cool room once you get in, you may want to pick another room or another hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
78 Thank chirp333
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Cebu, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Dear Chirp 333,,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write this review on your stay. I'm really happy we were able to provide you with such a great experience.

As far as your comments, you are right about the street in front of the hotel, it needs some work and we are planning a re-surfacing however there is another hotel nearby under construction and we will need to wait a bit longer until the hotel is finished to do the work.

The table in the room is not a full desk size, possibly we can look into a portable extension on request for those who need a bigger work area. As far as the air-conditioner we are trying to to be "Green" by not keeping the room air conditioners on all the time, we often pre-cool the rooms on request from the guests, let us know the next time you are coming and we will have it done.

Again, thank you for your detailed comments, it helps us continue to improve our service to the guests. Hope to see you at Quest in the future.

Dauin, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

I recently spent 3 nights at The Quest Hotel & Convention Center in Cebu, PH. I travel to Cebu often and usually stay at other locations, but a friend suggested I try The Quest. It turned out to be a good choice. The staff was extremely pleasant and totally service oriented. Just ask and ye shall receive was the order of the day. The breakfast buffet included with the room was excellent and had multi-national foods. Being a new facility it had the feel & smell of a new car so to speak. Everything was buff & the fresh orchids & flowers located thru-out the facility were a joy. The pool was my savior, and was long enough to actually get some laps in. I don't want to forget the bed, it was perfect for me, firm & cushy at the same time. The price was very competitive. I will stay there again. I almost forgot to mention that it was right behind the Ayala Mall with all the shopping my wife could handle.

GT

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
72 Thank Gordon T
Dear Gordon T,

Our pool as you say is a real oasis for those wanting to relax.

We do our best to keep the staff well trained and eager to please and I'm pleased you were able to experience the Cebuano hospitality Quest and this island are known for.

Look forward to catching up with you on your next visit to Cebu.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

I stayed in during Feb 2012, the first month of opening.
At this time only 3 floors were opened with the rest still under construction.

The road leading to the hotel is poor and needs re-surfacing once the hotel is completed, however the door staff are quick to greet arriving guests. The lobby was bright and clean with a modern design, wit mirrored walls and over sized chairs giving it a more spacious feel.

Check in was quick and easy and the staff managed to find me a room even though I arrived early. The room was clean and nicely decorated.
I have stayed in more spacious rooms - but not at this price.

The rooms have their own split system Aircon with remote, 91 channels of TV, tea/coffee making facilities, mini bar and safe. There is no iron / ironing board but pressing and dry cleaning is reasonably priced. The bathrooms, although not spacious have a good sized shower and an amenities kit provided. The main problem is that you have to sit at an angle on the toilet as, for some reason, they have positioned the toilet roll holders where your knee would normally go. (I hope they'll realise this before the other floors are completed.)

Breakfast was a choice of a la carte or buffet and so I took the buffet. For a creal eater like me, the choice was limited - corn flakes or bran flakes. They have nice bread but I only saw jam and marmalade. Chefs were cooking eggs to order and the omlette I had was as good as any of the big hotels I've stayed at before. If you like Asian style breakfasts you'll be happy with the selections: rice porridge (congee), fried noodles (Cooked to order), garlic rice etc. The fruit platter consisted of watermelon, pineapple and papaya ... but lucky for me the staff asked if I like mango and brought me mango specially. (This is Cebu ! Mangoes please !!)

The pool was open and the water nice and warm. There is a pool-side bar (where you can sit in the pool) but it was not yet opened (as of Feb 2012). In the meantime the staff were quick to bring anything that you need to the pool-side. The hotel's free Wi-Fi can be accessed at the pool.

Although the immediate surrounding outside the hotel are not so attractive, Ayala Mall is literally across the road. The Terraces at Ayala are a great place to eat and many of the bars / restaurants have live bands in the evenings.

The hotel still has work to do to complete all the floors but its off to a great start. Its close to the best Cebu has to offer and offers good value for money. This is where I will stay now whenever I visit Cebu. (I may come here for stays of a week or two so I REALLY hope they'll build a laundry room that guests can use.)

(I have rated cleanliness 3 out of 5 - but only because there is still construction on the higher floors. There is however, no construction noise.)

I noticed that the top 5 floors are apartments. I was told that they are privately owned but if the hotel can access some and make family rooms avaialble that would be a great addition

Room Tip: Rooms facing Ayala or the pool
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
60 Thank Midtown303
Dear Midtown303,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write this detailed review on your stay. As you mentioned we are still in our soft opening period but we are off to a good start.

I will look into your comments on the laundry room and family room for those guests looking to stay in Cebu for an extended period,, I think it's a great idea.

I have spoken also to the contractors and your comment on the toilet paper rolls is being looked at as well and we will see if we can change the location.

Once again, thanks for the review we look forward to seeing you back at Quest next time your travels bring you to Cebu.

Panglao
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

We stayed 1 night having made the booking via Internet at a room rate of 2,900 peso without breakfast. Upon check-in we saw flyers at the front desk, offering an opening promo for 2.400 peso incl. breakfast for the same time of stay. Asking the hotel's staff to give us the promo rate we were told that it is only applicable for a certain number of percentage of occupancy. Very strange because there was no disclaimer on the flyers like that. We said that we will of course report this to tripadvisor and received the promo rate later on when coming back to our room. The room is 25 sq meters and functional but the toilet's space is too small. Breakfast was not very satisfying by offered choices and the serving staff needs to receive a lot of training hours to make it a comfy hotel. We will not stay again and turn back to Marriott or Blu Radisson though even more expensive.

Room Tip: Our room was located by the road and even windows closed the traffic still can be heard.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
31 Thank erichleinchen
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Cebu, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Dear erichleinchen,

I want to thank you for being the first to write a review on the hotel, we appreciate hearing from you.

We will review your comments and see that we work on the areas that need improvement. Your stay here at the hotel during the first week of operations was at a time when we were still getting settled in and apologize for any issues with service or miss communications regarding the rate offered here at the hotel and the rate on the internet. I'm glad the staff was able to give you the better rate.

You are also correct their are some much more expensive hotels in the city offering a different product. However for the price we are hoping the guests will see great value for money at our newly opened cool, clean, and comfy property here in Cebu.

If you do change your mind we will look forward to having you back at the property.

Quest Cebu GM