“Great hotel”

Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu
Ranked #8 of 92 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Enjoyed the Quest Hotel a lot and spent 16 days staying with them. Booked well in advance so got 60% discount on the room which worked out to be around $60 a night. Room was excellent, being a corner room and giving me two sensational views of Cebu.

Great swimming pool although sometimes it can get a little crowded. Excellent pool bar which I made a few friends at and got a little sunburned one day from enjoying it too much :)

It is right by Ayala Mall so plenty of dining options and only a 100 peso ride from Mango square. They have great rooms that are spacious, excellent bathing facilities and top notch facilities. Only gripe I have is the internet goes down often (maybe 4 or 5 times a day) but aside from that its brilliant. Would be awesome if they added setanta sports to their pay tv package as well.

Room Tip: Book in advance on their site. You can get up to 65% off
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Quest Hotel & Conference Center-Cebu. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

My team and I are thrilled to read such a wonderful review. Your excellent comments about our services, food and facilities inspired us to continually look for ways to further delight all our guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

I was so excited booking this hotel being new and close to IT and Ayala Park. They have an awesome breakfast buffet but NOT so awesome housekeeping department. I doubt that they actually clean the room. Hairs and cobwebs in our room. For this reason, I would not come back or recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Lester321
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience while staying at our hotel. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

I am sorry if your stay fell short of your expectations. Rest assured that we are continually looking for ways to further improve the services we offer.

Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the end of May. Location is not bad, middle of the city. Across from Ayala, close to IT park and cabs are abundant and relatively inexpensive. Bell and security showed utmost care. Housekeeping seemed happy and cleanliness was not a concern. Front desk, not so much. Although the early check in was appreciated, 0945. All other interaction with front desk were mediocre at best. The one the left a negative impression was when we came back from a side trip and wanted to stay again for a week. I came by the front desk and asked if they had a room for the following day, the girl responded with a yes, I asked if the same room type was available, again she said yes. I requested for her to make a reservation for me, she said she could but for P1500 more per night compared to our last stay. She said because I booked on their website, we received a special rate and cannot be honoured at the front desk. They can only offer walk in rates, I reminded her the reservation was for the following day and does not qualify as a "walk-in", she repeated her reasoning which did not make sense. She wanted me to book it online, in front of her. I advised her I could not as I did not bring my credit card. After a lengthy discussion about the benefits of booking direct with front desk (saving on online res costs, I'm right in front of her, help me out as I have many errands to run), she could not help me.

My friend who drove me to quest found a rate next door at mandarin plaza for cheaper than what I originally booked with quest and it came with breakfast. They also accepted the reservation without a credit card and still held a room for my wife and I. We stayed at Mandarin Plaza for a week before another side trip. Front desk needs to be empowered, they could have had my business for a week and perhaps my loyalty.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Jason C
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Dear Jason C,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the disappointment you have experienced. Please be assured that we are addressing the matter, and that appropriate measures will be taken to ensure this does not happen again.

Please let me know how I can get in touch with you or please email me directly at cebueam@quest-hotels.com.

Quest Hotel Conference Center Cebu

Reviewed 28 July 2013

I was in Cebu City for a business trip again but it's my first time to stay in Quest Hotel as it's highly recommended by my colleagues. And I never regretted following their recommendation.

The moment I arrived in the hotel, I was greeted by their welcoming door staff that has an embroidered “protection team” in their polo shirts. They had these cute sniffing Labradors upfront that made me safe and secure already.

There was a line at the desk- boy this hotel must be doing very well! Too many people in the lobby. The lobby was cute- intimate. Out from nowhere, a bell staff excused himself and gave me a green luggage tag telling me to present it to them when they deliver my luggage in my room. When it’s my turn at the front desk, the lady who attended me was very courteous and accommodating it gave me a feeling of warm welcome. She even said “Thank you so much for waiting, Miss Praga” and managed to make some casual talks while she processed my check in. She asked me my room preference and warned me that the whole hotel is a NO SMOKING facility. I don’t mind really- I never smoke anyway.

The room was quite small yet it’s classy and clean. There were no dental kits and slippers in the room but when I asked- they sent it right away. The room attendants were also very polite and unobtrusive. What matters most to me in a business hotel room is a cable tv, a hot shower and a free wifi- which were all working perfectly. And oh- just a tip- their rooms are not soundproofed. I can hear the loud telly next door.

Breakfast Buffet was heavenly. For a female traveler- I couldn’t ask for more. There were a variety of pastries, cheese and cereal selection, bacon, the famous fried Danggit and Cebu mangoes- they’re the best. The restaurant staff looked very attentive, helpful and kind.

I’ve noticed that they have this “hand in heart” greeting- which I find very distinctive.

The hotel is also strategically located right across Ayala Mall and just 15 minutes going to Northwing of Shoe Mart. DO NOT cross the road right down the bridge when you go to Ayala Mall! There’s a signage outside the hotel lobby where it leads you to the exact location of the pedestrian lane. For your safety- follow it.

On my last night- I received a notice of departure recommending me on how to avoid long queues at check out. It was a nice touch. When I checked out the next day, it was hassle free and quick. The male reception asked me politely If I can fill out their comment card which I refused since I was in a hurry to go but promised him that I will blog my stay. So he handed me then their home card and their TripAdvisor card and asked me If I’m willing to share my experience to others.

So here it is. Generally, it was the well trained staff who made my stay a pleasant experience. The staff were all so nice and kind and very accommodating. They are the main reason why I would love to come back.

I am 101% sure that I would definitely recommend this to my families and friends.

Room Tip: Ask for a Mountain View Room to avoid street noise and the ongoing 24 hour construction near Ayala M...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank EPraga25

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Quest Hotel & Conference Center. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

I have shared your kind comments to our team members since this will serve as our inspiration to continually delight all our guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

First time to check in at this hotel I found out that the positive reviews I've read beforehand is all true. Quest hotel is truly excellent in so many ways from its elegance, cleanliness, friendliness of staff, location etc etc. You can find comfort and peace of mind with their security that sniffs and checks each one that comes in. You will feel relaxed as you enter the reception greeted by their friendly receptionists, for our case it was Hanie and Kristine who gave their best smiles you cannot resist to give back.

Their rooms are well planned in terms of space needed. Not so big but spacious enough. Even the corridors felt very homey with the delicate choices of furnitures and photos displyed. Bed is very comfortable and they even give free extra pillows upon request so my sleep was nice.

Breakfast is good and have many choices. The restaurant is also nice and big to accomodate numbers of guests.

However as an improvement, they must put water in the gym accompanied by gym towels. My work out was shortened because of these 2 factors.

Overall my experience was very pleasant and comfortable in addition to a very personalized service and concern by the Duty Manager.

I will definitely go back to this hotel whenever in Cebu City.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank jayoliverdy

Reviewed 26 July 2013

I'll make the first paragraph about what is good about the hotel, which is mostly really good. In fact this trip I started in the Park Lane because it has a gym but the room felt old and dark and cramped so I checked out after one night and went over to Quest which is more modern and lighter. I really like Quest's pool area. The lobby is a great place to relax, meet friends or use wireless. The wireless doesn't always work in the rooms but as I eventually found out you can ask the staff for a wireless signal booster to plug in which will resolve this. The restaurant's buffet meals are great and really good value, but you have to inform reception you're going to have breakfast so that you pay 500 pesos rather than a rate of 750 pesos if you walk straight to the restaurant.

Ok, now for the not so great part. When I first walked in my room it stank of cigarette smoke, even though it's a non-smoking hotel, so I asked for another room. This is not the hotel's fault, the rooms are clearly signed as non-smoking and they can't really help that the previous guests decided to smoke up before they left. The manager(?) came with me to my new room and apologised to me and that was fine. However, after that I was about to take a shower and as I stripped off another staff member opened my door and walked in without knocking. It wasn't a major that I was half naked being a male but if I had've been a female then it would've been bad. He said he was also just checking that my new room didn't also smell of smoke - huh? - this after the manager and concierge had already been in, and of course it wouldn't - it would've been of been bizarre for that to happen twice in a non-smoking hotel. Anyway I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he had been told to check my room but didn't realize I had already entered. But then the next morning there was a weird incident. Around 9am I was still in bed and I heard a really light knock, so light I assumed it wasn't my door. However then the door began to open slowly so I yelled for them to get out to which I heard a male Filipino voice reply "sorry" and he left. Upon checking out I asked reception if it would be normal for housekeeping to come at that time and they said no. Besides the person did not call out "housekeeping!" as they normally would. Reception lady said she thinks it might have been a guest that just got the wrong room but that can't be the case as they were able to open the door - I believe you need the swipe to do that. I can only speculate about what his intentions might have been.

I do not mean this to be a blight on the staff in general who are mostly very good but there might be a dodgy one among them.

Room Tip: Pool side (ie not the Ayala side) and high up to avoid noise is the way to go.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Dazz_nz

Dear Dazz_nz,

Thank you very much for sharing with us your feedback. Comments and suggestions for the continued patronage of our services are greatly valued. Without them, we would not be able to effectively keep an eye where we have succeeded or need further improvement. And as we are one of the "newer" hotels in Cebu we are still fine tuning all our procedures, hotel facilities and services to set it to the acceptable standards discriminating guests look for.

The safety and security of our valued guests is always our main concern and we are giving this our utmost attention. We are very concerned about the incident regarding our Housekeeping staff. We sincerely apologize and extend our deepest regret over the incident. Please be assured that an investigation is being undertaken by our Housekeeping Manager regarding the matter. We will make sure that sanctions are meted where they are due once proven that there was an apparent lapse committed by our staff.

We are very grateful that despite the disappointments you still find many aspects of our hotel satisfactory.

We are looking forward to having you here with us again. We sincerely hope that this unfortunate incident will not deter you from coming back to the hotel.

Quest Hotel Conference Center Cebu

Reviewed 25 July 2013

A definitely a must come back for me. A thumbs up to Hanie & Kristine on the great front desk assistance and Manager on Duty Ray for the warmth hospitality. The room is elegant though a bit small.. the hotel lobby has a good vibes... the restaurant and buffet selection is exquisite...the service and politeness of the staff is rare to find in other Phil hotels...

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business