“Great hotel near the Mall (not city centre)”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Quest Cebu

Quest Cebu
Ranked #8 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
Singapore, Singapore
“Great hotel near the Mall (not city centre)”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

It is a very nice modern hotel, with spacious and clean rooms. The staff is very helpful and efficient. The price is quite reasonable. I did not try the breakfast, which is extra. There is a nice swimming pool, but they need to impose a dress code. It is disgusting seeing all these fat filipinas bathing in their jeans and t-shirts. The water pressure is the shower is not strong enough. The air conditioning is a little loud. The location is walking distance to the Ayala mall, which is a very nice mall, but you need to get a taxi if you want to go to the centre (Fuente Osmena, Mango). Anyway, taxis are available everywhere and cheap (meter). There is a lot of construction in the area and it is next to a flyover, so I do not rate the location too high. They allowed me to check out at 2 pm for free, which was a nice gesture. I like the place for the price they charge. Nothing extraordinary but good value for money

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Cebu, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Quest Hotel & Conference Center-Cebu. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

I regret that you experienced dissatisfaction during your stay with us. Rest assured that I have noted your comments and took necessary actions to ensure that similar incidents will not happen in the future.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Thanks to their advise on posting our experience through tripadvisor.
I am a regular guest of this hotel since we have a Corporate Rate here. Indeed, the rooms are way more than comfortable. Breakfast is great. Security is the best.
One thing that I am really disappointed of is the Receptionist. From the time that we started checking in at this hotel, I have seen Charm,which, I have proven already, is VERY,VERY UNWELCOMING and Naturally SARCASTIC. On our recent visit, she was the one who checked us out (4th time ever since). As we were still on the queue, I was just observing her. She is, by all means, consistent on her approach, sounded so rude, overconfident facial expression(doesn't even try to smile), bossy. WE are your guests here!!! It might be rational when your staff give us this angry-look if we are also doing unreasonable actions that might offend them. Even in our line of work, we also deal with mad guests, and there are a few times that we burst out as a way of reacting to them because we also have our own feelings. And shall we assume that this will be the same scenario on our next visit? Take note, this already happened four times with me. So far, she is the worst hotelier I have met inside and outside Quest.

We have been writing complains about this one, me and my colleagues who are also patrons to this hotel. It seems, there isn't Re-training made. Is it because our written surveys are not valued? Hopefully here in tripadvisor, we will be heard. Nonetheless, we will still come back because of our discount. Hopefully with another staff to assist us though :)

--Elen

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Elen P
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Cebu, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear Elen P,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at our hotel in Trip Advisor. On behalf of the Management and staff of Quest Hotel Conference Center, Cebu, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay.

We invesitigated the incident and it is of equal disappointment to us that the conduct of our staff, Charm, was totally unacceptable. We have taken severe disciplinary action to make certain that the incident will not happen again. You have my assurance that this does not reflect the true standards of Quest Hotel Conference Center Cebu.

We shall be very grateful if you will give us another chance to serve you again. For your future bookings, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me through my email address at cebueam@quest-hotels.com so I could personally attend to your room requirements.

Quest Hotel Conference Center Cebu
Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed 26 August 2013

the location is great.. just across the ayala center mall.. and almost everything you need is near the hotel..

the view is magnificent!! especially at night you could just open up your curtains and fall asleep watching the city lights.. and the hotel looks really nice outside.. security is okay.. and the staff is super friendly and most especially beautiful especially the ones on the front desk.. oh lalah.. we'll definitely be coming back soon..

Room Tip: Request for a room that is facing Cebu business park...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Quest Hotel & Conference Center. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

I have shared your kind comments to our team members since this will serve as our inspiration to continually delight all our guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Great hotel....great experience....always looking forward at the end of the day....

The bed is very comfortable and excellent service. Their bathroom is sparkling clean. The room is well lit even at night.
They have buffet breakfast which have very good choices. Bread, rice, eggs, bacon, salad, juices, coffee...and you would go back for more.
The location is near Ayala Commercial Center very convenient to mall, movies, restaurants, groceries.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

My team and I are thrilled to read such a wonderful review. Your excellent comments about our services, food and facilities inspired us to continually look for ways to further delight all our guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We stayed here with my wife on the night of August 20th. Paid 59 euros for one night including breakfast for two.

Some people have been complaining about the high level of security at the hotel. To us it was a definite plus, we arrived by taxi and the staff comes immediately to make sure everything is ok, sure a dog sniffs your bags, who cares? It's not personal. You go through a metal detector prior to entering the hotel, again no biggie. There's a 1,000php required deposit which they promply refund upon check out.

Other positive comments:
- Clean hotel, very convenient location right next to Ayala mall, lots of taxis if you need one
- Room is bg enough, nice large bed
- 2 complimentary water bottles
- Nice swimming pool on the 7th floor
- The breakfast buffet is huge! Definitely good value for money. American, European, Filipino, they have it all. Someone will cook your eggs, pancakes to order
- The shower is amazing, hot water with plenty of bandwidth!
- Internet was good and fast enough (we were on floor 11)

Other thoughts
- We had a corner room, so big windows but the electric sockets were sparse, no adapters for European sockets
- Mini bar was on the higher end of pricing
- Had some trouble turning off the AC in the morning, had to remove the batteries from the remote and put them back in, couldn't find a power switch on the unit itself.

Still, a super nice hotel which felt very posh for the price we paid, if I ever find my way back to Cebu, this hotel will be at the top of my list.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AirCanada881

Manila
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Hotel's location is easy to find. Just across Ayala Center Cebu where you can get anything you need. They also provide free shuttle services to Ayala mall, Crimson Resort and other places. Price is also reasonable for the amenities guests can avail of. The beds and rooms are well maintained. Although, you need to request for the dental kit should you need one.
Service is also excellent as personnel takes care of your needs.

Only thing I can say is the check-in and check out time. It's too late and early respectively. Check-in time is 3PM, check-out is 11AM.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Literally a few steps away from the Ayala Terraces mall, solving any hankering for convenient food options. The service is great, the staff were all friendly, one even made sure I settled comfortably as soon as I checked in to my room. Although I didn't stay long in the room save for tucking in at night, but everything was generally what you'd expect at its price point. One thing that bugged me was wifi connection in the room kept fluctuating, although they did make sure to send their IT person asap when I called to ask about it. I was also advised ahead of time that I was there during a peak weekend (Ironman triathlon competition) and that I I had a flight to catch I cab to the airport earlier than I normally would have, they sure saved me what would have been a near miss.

• Stayed August 2013