“Budget hotel for short stays”

Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu
Ranked #7 of 92 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I stayed overnight in a Premium Deluxe Room which was basic but clean and comfortable. The bathroom was well laid out, and had all the standard amenities.

Check in and check out were smooth. All the members of the staff that I encountered were efficient and friendly.

My room came with buffet breakfast which didn't really have a lot of choices. When I asked if there was bacon, the servers told me to ask the waiter. When I did, the waiter said yes and that he would bring me some from the kitchen. Unfortunately, I think they deep fried the strips in margarine until the strips became curled up balls - at least that's what it tasted and looked like. The coffee that I was served had to be replaced as it had particles floating in it. I say give the breakfast a miss and head across the street to the mall instead.

As mentioned, the hotel is located across the Ayala Center which gives you dozens of dining and shopping options. Unfortunately, the street that you have to cross is extremely busy, so you need the assistance of the security guard when you cross to make sure you don't get run over!

If you are a family with kids or on a long holiday, you would do better to stay somewhere with more leisure facilities and better food. But if you're in Cebu on business or just need a base from which to explore the city, Quest is adequate.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank vanilla_bean
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at our hotel. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

I am sorry if your stay fell short of your expectations. Rest assured that we are continually looking for ways to further improve the services we offer.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Executive Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,125)

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Heard of good reviews of this hotel from my friends and I was so excited to try it myself. True enough we had an excellent stay in this hotel.The lobby is modern and classy. The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and Housekeeping staff are always ready to assist us with our need especially my kids. Breakfast with wide range of choices and my kids love the food. Staffs are helpful & welcome the guest with a smile. Surely will comeback to Cebu & stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Quest Hotel & Conference Center. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

I have shared your kind comments to our team members since this will serve as our inspiration to continually delight all our guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Quest hotel doesn't feel like its a 3 star hotel. It actually feels like a 5 star. The rooms are cool and clean. The food is great! You don't need to eat out since the food prices are just right. Their buffet is as good as the other 5 star hotels in the city but theirs is really affordable.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for the kind thoughts you shared with us and for the five-star rating you gave us. Please accept our heartfelt appreciation on behalf of the Management and staff of Quest Hotel and Conference Center. Your kind comments will encourage us to continually serve you better in every possible way we can.

Thank you once again for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you!

Reviewed 7 September 2013

I've had one of the most memorable experience while on a trip to Cebu. Didn't know much about where to stay until I came across a fellow I had a chat at the airport. He referred me at a hotel where he is staying just across the street from Ayala Mall. I took his word and didn't regret it. My stay at Quest Hotel was amazing, they got affordable accommodation and one of the best service I've had ever! They have great food, slick rooms, spot on service, and prompt delivery of my request. Definitely a must try! Can't wait to get back..

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 6 September 2013

My stay at Quest Hotel made me feel like l was home but a hundred times better than my actual home and from all the other hotels I've tried. The hotel's ambiance was so captivating that I didn't mind staying in my room the whole time. When I wanted to have some activity, I just went to the pool and enjoyed drinks from the bar. At night, it's so relaxing having to sleep with all the city lights surrounding you. Their breakfast buffet was so delicious as well! I definitely recommend Quest Hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Booked last-minute via Expedia App on IOS and got a discount for App transactions. (10% off) Best to use the apps and compare VS web reservations - might get a better deal.

I arrived in the hotel for business at 9 am and the front-desk ladies allowed me to check-in immediately! They were about to charge half day fee and I politely asked if they can waive it. Fortunately, they were kind enough to waive the early-check-in fee. The staff at the front desk are very professional and helpful. They also allowed late-check out as I requested. I did not get the breakfast package as Ayala has a vast selection of restaurants.

The room was well-appointed. A touch of boutique design. Nice bed, shower but no bath. Excellent flat screen TV with cable channels. My only gripe was that the walls are a bit thin and the wifi was sometimes wonky. But other than that very small downside, it was great value for money!

Location was excellent- right beside Ayala mall where most of my meetings took place. However, I feel like I'm back at Katipunan Avenue for University doing "patintero" with the cars that go by. It would be great if Quest and the other nearby hotels would provide an overpass to Ayala to secure safety for their guests. Ayala is under renovation as well.

Overall, an awesome Cebu Stay. Value for money, great mall and easy to get around. I will definitely stay here again given the reasonable price and great service!

Room Tip: Check out hotel apps for better deals
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Since my parents were at the city, I took the advice of my friend to try Quest. I booked for 2 rooms and stayed for 2 nights. The hotel has a great location (just across Ayala mall). They also offer free shuttle to SM Cebu.
The interior of the hotel is really nice. The staff were friendly and courteous.
The size of the room was okay (with a comfortable king-sized bed). If you’re looking for a place to unwind, the pool at the 7th floor is a great solution.

The dinner buffet at the restaurant is a must try. I just forgot how much it cost per person. Overall stay was really great. Would definitely come back again!

Room Tip: Book a room with a pool / mountain view. Also make sure it comes with breakfast. Their breakfast is...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family