“Warm and Friendly People”

Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu
Ranked #8 of 91 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed 14 December 2013

This hotel was recommended by a good friend. We are very impressed with the hotel staffs. It's location is excellent. It's near Ayala center and we can just go there on foot for less than 15 min

ROOMS
Room is of good size. It is comfortable and provide you with the amenities you need. The only bummer is that it doesn't have a doorbell So you can hear people knocking on the door

FRONT OFFICE
Very friendly and polite staffs. They make sure that your stay with them is indeed a pleasant one. They will find a way to help you in any way they can. Truly a genuine cebuano hospitality.

DOORMAN
Very polite and have a genuine warm smile. They are ready to heLP you with your luggage or if you're carrying anything. They also give excellent suggestions on how to go around.

RESTAURANT
Breakfast is not that spectacular. It is just the attention of the restaurant staffs that makes me quite happy. They make sure that you get fresh coffee and refills whenever you need it. You can request for some food to be cooked the way you want it and they will bring it to your seat. Nice cozy restaurant.

SECURITY AT THE PARKING LOT
they were amazing. They smile and properly direct you on how you can reach your hotel room from the parking lot. They were truly courteous all the time.

We were delighted with this city hotel that showed us nothing but warm and true meaning of service. Kudos to the management and staffs of this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the room on higher floor. They are nicer and newer
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear Travelelitesojourn,

We, the management and staff of Quest Hotel and Conference Center-Cebu are truly delighted to receive a very positive response from a valued guest. Thank you very much! We really appreciate it.

Rest assured that we will continually provide you with Quest’s unique brand of hospitality whenever you are here with us.

Once again, thank you for choosing us to be part of your sojourn in Cebu. We look forward to serving you once more in the near future.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

We arrived at the hotel at around 1am, at our surprise, check-in is very quick which we are very thankful as we are so tired from our 20hours flight. We are so impressed when we arrived at our room, though it is not so big, but its very clean and modern, we also have a good room location as it is in 7th floor facing the swimming pool.
We love the staffs, so attentive and so courteous. Breakfast have plenty of selection to choose from.
Because we love this Hotel so much, we cancel our booking from other hotel and book this hotel again, in fact we will be staying here tomorrow for a week.
We used their airport transfer, and I accidentally left one of our bag, I phone the concierge and they are so helpful, they phone the driver of the van, then they phone me back assuring that I can get it back as soon as Im available and they will keep it safe.
I forgot to mention, their pillows are very comfy :-)

Room Tip: Choose either room 732 or 738
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear grcbdn,

Thank you very much for your kind comments in Trip Advisor. We are delighted to learn that our staff efficiently played an important role in making your stay a memorable one.

Your recognition of our efforts will encourage us to continually serve you better in every possible way we can.

Thank you once again for giving us an opportunity to serve you and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

I have stayed here a few times, my previous visit wasn't good as the WiFi was poor and the suites are a waste of money as hardly larger than a standard room
In a room this time and much happier with everything, WiFi was good, loved the breakfast with excellent Western bread which has no sugar in it and the variety of food was impressive. The staff everywhere are wonderful, the lifts work efficiently and the air con in the common parts is much better than in the room. I noticed several cracks as a result of the earthquake but business as normal nonetheless.The pool is well organized but a severe shortage of sunbeds which could easily be addressed as there is space for more and a demand. Apart from one factor this is a stylish hotel.
The one complete nightmare with the Quest and with virtually every other hotel, mall and restaurant in the Philippines is their total addiction to 'ambient music'! How dare the owners of these establishments assume that we wish to listen to their rubbish selections of tired old Christmas music from October onwards and 24/7! I suggest Mr Ayala, 'Mr Marriott' and Mr Sim and all the others wake up to the fact that this is 2013 and if we wished to listen to music all day then we can select our own thanks to modern technology without their patronizing input. I wonder if these people have 1950's American Christmas songs playing in their own homes all day and night, actually they probably do! This music, always played too loudly, destroys any semblance of mood and tranquility and thus forces everyone to speak louder and increase noise pollution, it must be stopped. If you hate it also then mention it in your reviews, it is such an outdated practice and so completely naff and low class.The continuation of this frightfully bad music is an advertisement for the poor judgment and non existent taste of hotel and mall owners. To the great credit of the Quest Pool Attendant, when asked he turned down the sound, good man!

Room Tip: Don't go for a suite!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank PutneySW
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Mr. Putney,

On behalf of the management and staff of Quest Hotel we would like to thank you for your very candid observations. Indeed, the very valid remarks will guide us in order to improve some more on our services. We are also grateful that this time around we were able to deliver to your satisfaction and although not perfect, but had made you happier.

However, we are also sorry that another pertinent issue has come to your attention and reading through the comments you made it seems that it not only stirred up your sensibility but has left a not too desirable reaction from you, which truly is understandable.

We agree that some people don't really like to be bombarded by these shrill music. And to be honest with you, we also don't know when this tradition all started. Most of us were born to it and perhaps that's the reason why we are inured to it. Majority of Filipinos loved those Christmas carols as this country is mostly Catholics with Christmas carols bringing and reminding them the joy of Christ's rebirth and coming. If it is low class, please, we request your indulgence as it does not happen year-round in the islands, only during Christmas season.

And rest assured that we take your comments seriously and will review our policy on playing ambient music within our establishment.

Thank you very much! We will look forward to your next trip to Cebu and hope that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I could not sleep last night because I could hear everything on the other room.... Tv, chatting...
It was frustrating.Soundproof it or something.

Here are the good points:
1. Nice pool
2. Good service at Puso. Oliver was very attentive and helpful.Also at the poolbar. Great service.
3. Yummy food. Lots of food!!
4. Good interior design.
5. Friendly and courteous security guards, and staff from the parking area to the reception and checkout.
6. Comforter smells good and super clean.

Not great:
1. Checkout sucks bigtime. Long queu. Slooooow...Why do you insist for everyone to checkout before 11am when you can't accomodate us all in a timely manner? Seriously, why the need to send a letter to guests to checkout on time, with all the penalties to scare us.
2. Beds are ultra small.
3. Towels are old.

I will come back for the food, but I'm not staying overnight anymore.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank RonGaby V

Dear Onsie V,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review of our facilities and services.

We are truly sorry that you were not able to sleep due to the noise. Rest assured that your comments are well taken, and we are currently installing soundproofing materials to insulate the guest rooms.

We are also very grateful that despite the disappointments you still find many aspects of our hotel very satisfactory.

We shall be very grateful if you will give us another chance to serve you again.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

hii, I will give Quest only ONE star . i am here for last 21 days .most irritating is WIFI connectivity . its so Poor . they are using wifi Reater only . i also changed my room but not getting connectivity what i want. then Housekeeping is rubbish , No Pool table or sports activity. small Swimming pool ,also Faced one day Water supply problem in Toilet. Mostly power fluctuation problem . No Indian Channel on TV. as this is my official trip so this is the only reason to stay here. only Breakfast i liked.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Satish_Rajani
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Mr. Satish_Rajani,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our hotel. The hotel is committed to providing quality facilities and good service to all our guests and all the things you have shared has encouraged us to take extra measures to further improve our system and services.

We also regret the fact that you have experienced some problems in our hotel. We will make sure appropriate actions will be taken to improve our system and services. On behalf of the Management & staff of Quest Hotel , we deeply apologize for the unintentional inconveniences we have caused you.

Please let me know of a convenient time to meet you. Should you need anything, please do not hesitate to call me through the operator or please email me at cebueam@quest-hotels.com.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We had 2 rooms for 4 nights, staff was excellent, security was tight but not intrusive. The staff are well trained and attentive.
Pool was adequate for a city hotel, location is perfect and a easy walk to Ayala and the resturants on the terraces.
Breakfast buffet was very good considering the overal price point.
There is a lot of street/construction noise in the low floors, including the premier rooms on the strret side. The pool side room do not have this issue.

Room Tip: Premier rooms are on the 7th and 8th floors only. My son had a pool side which was very nice, the st...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear DavidGB,

Thank you for the review on your stay at our hotel. We are delighted to learn that our staff efficiently played an important role in making your stay a good one. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the food here at Quest Hotel. Please be assured that we are constantly reviewing and upgrading our menu to cater to each and every one of our valued patrons.

As to the construction noise, we have already endorsed this valid concern to the Ayala Mall Management and the city government for their immediate action. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

For your future visit, please email me in advance so I can pre-block a nice room for you.

Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

My 2nd time to stay at Quest and comments in my first review (Feb 7th 20130) remain applicable/valid.

The noise of the AC remains an issue, with it sounding as though there are very strong winds blowing outside the window, but various other beneficial factors led me to re-book even though I was disappointed with this issue previously. It’s a shame because in my opinion it’s the only negative with the actual room itself, though some may find them a little small.

Guests are to note that quite incredibly the hotel charge P800 each way for an airport transfer. Taxi's (which are perfectly safe and a 3 min walk from the arrivals lounge) are P200 to P250. The mark up of P600 is mystifying and laughable.

The wifi in the room remains very unreliable. One minute the signal is strong, the next there is nothing at all. I experienced exactly the same last time (though appear to have forgotten to mention it in my review!)

I can only presume a lot of the negative comments posted in respect to the duration of the check-out process have been heeded by management. A note was slipped under my door on the penultimate night of my stay recommending guests settle their bill the evening prior to check out to speed up the process the following morning.

I proceeded to reception, settled my bill, had the P2,000 deposit returned, and was at least told I would simply need to hand in key cards upon actual check out. As it turned out the check out desk was empty when I arrived, so my plan to queue jump (simply handing over key cards) on arrival in reception wasn't tested. This change was certainly an improvement, but strange at the same time in that the hotel willingly return the deposit and then seemingly trust the guest when asked (on check out) if any items have been consumed from the mini bar. Regrettably there will be some characters who will take advantage of this, and soon enough things will probably revert to the way they were.

Anyway, all in all another good stay, but as previously advised, just a few improvements (notably the noisy AC and the unreliable wifi) would make this a top rate choice in Cebu.

(NB: I note that Quest management's response to my first review assurred of improvements based on my (and other's) obsevrations. Granted there has been an improvement with the check out process, but the AC issue remains the same, and wifi is a problem (certainly on the 7th floor). Your thoughts appreciated.)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Derbal

Dear Derbal,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments about your stay. We are truly grateful for the chance that we were able to provide you with a very satisfactory stay.

I have noted your comments on the noisy Aircon , airport transfer rates and the check-out procedures. Please be assured that we are currently rectifying our aircon units in the guest rooms. As regard to the airport transfer rates, we have also endorsed this concern to our transportation provider for further evaluation.

We value your comments, and your observations about the check-out procedures have been brought to the attention of our Rooms Division team.

Thank you very much for your continued support to Quest Hotel. We truly look forward to your being here once again and enjoy your home away from home.

For your future bookings, please email me directly at cebueam@quest-hotels.com.