“Nice stay at Quest”

Ranked #8 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
Cagayan de Oro City
“Nice stay at Quest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

The hotel is big with all the friendly staff around. The room is clean but not spacious enough and so with their bathroom, but its got the bathroom necessities though not complete. The buffet that we ate at dinner was good. The place is just perfect for shopping since it is just infront of Ayala Mall so you just have to walk a few minutes no need to hire taxi.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Cebu, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Ladybing18k,

On behalf of the management and staff of Quest Hotel and Conference Center Cebu, I would like to thank you profusely for taking the time to render a nice review of our facilities and services.

It is really important for us to know what our guests think about us. It is our way of knowing and reminding ourselves of how we perform our tasks. Moreover, if we come up short of expectations, we try our utter best to correct the issues. Our ultimate goal is always the full satisfaction of our guests.

Thank you once again for giving us an opportunity to serve you and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Quest Hotel Conference Center Cebu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

Quest was recommended by a friend in Cebu. The hotel is centrally located and is just across the Ayala Center. It was quite close to the places I had to go. Taxis were plentiful and the hotel is fairly new. Rooms are cozy and clean. I had a good view of the hotel swimming pool. If you get tired of the hotel restaurant(s), you could just cross the street and you are in the Ayala Mall. Though crossing the busy thoroughfare is a challenge in itself. The staff of the Business Center is quite accomodating and they are open late. Air Conditioning is strong and they even hold Sunday mass at the hotel.

Room Tip: Request for a room not facing the main road.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Jeff Y,

On behalf of the management and staff of Quest Hotel and Conference Center Cebu, I would like to express our gratitude and thanks for taking the time to write a review of our facilities and services. We really appreciate it very much.

Our location is indeed one of our strong points. However, we do not really recommend that guests cross the street immediately in front of the hotel going to the Ayala Mall as it could be dangerous. There is a pedestrian crosswalk not very far from the hotel where pedestrians can use in going to the mall.

We are still awaiting the construction of an overhead pedestrian crosswalk promised by the city government that will once and for all address this safety problem. And until this overhead pedestrian crosswalk is in place, we do encourage our guests to use the designated street level crosswalk for their safety.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again to our hotel in the not too distant future.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

A very clean and well presented hotel. The room is spacious with a very comfy bed and a well appointed bathroom. The check in staff, bell hop and concierge couldn't do more for you.
Ayala Mall is just across the road and has everything you could want. From coffee shops, restaurants to clothing and toiletries. There is a variety of restaurants catering for every taste. Sadly I didn't eat in the hotel restaurant but it looked clean and tidy from the lift lobby.
On the down side the rooms over looking the Ayala Mall on the 9th had views of five construction sites and the noise from the Archbishop Reyes Ave and the construction sites was non stop, even at 3am. There were also a few cosmetic faults in the room including loose taps in the bathroom and plug sockets coming away from the wall.
Nice hotel but shame they didn't think about double glazing.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Bishop W,

On behalf of the management and staff of Quest Hotel and Conference Center Cebu, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to render a very good review of our property.

Nevertheless, we would like also to apologize for the issues you found wanting most especially the noise emanating from the construction sites right across the street. We truly regret that you were inconvenienced by the said noise.

Just recently we had a meeting with the city government and the representatives of the company involved in the ongoing constructions nearby our hotel. An agreement was reached that the heavy construction will cease at night time and the construction firm will see to it that noise mitigating measures will be provided even at daytime.

Once again thank you very much for your time. We shall be very grateful if you will give us another chance to serve you again.

Bend, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

I have traveled all over the world and that being said my wife and I decided to stay in Cebu at the Quest Hotel.This was our first trip to Cebu and we had 4 rooms . We arrived at the hotel and all was well when we checked in. Then we went down to the front and had security get 2 taxis for us. We had 10 total and once we all climbed in the 2 taxis the taxi driver informed us that it is law in Cebu that only 4 people are allowed per taxi( we had 3 kids with us) I got out and was not happy as the security could have notified us of this fact but we just got another taxi and went on our way. Later the director of security called my room and she said since my wife was from Manila( my wife is from Tacloban) that she should know that there are only 4 people per taxi and I informed her that in Manila this is not the case and I also told her it was not her place to tell me what I should or should not know. Now my wife's brother went through the Typhoon and he had to be rushed to the hospital because of a sever leg infection and then the following 2 days later her Dad had pneumonia and had a heart attack and had to be rushed to the hospital. The reason I am explaining this my wife left her new Apple I phone 5s in our room and we called the hotel to get it back.
I called the hotel and was told yes they had her phone but if I wanted one of her relatives to get it I would have to send my passport id with a letter authorizing this-so I did. Then my wife decided she wanted the phone shipped back to her in the states. I gave them my Fedex corporate account # and was told that since it was a corporate account I would need to send a letter on company letterhead authorizing this( I have never had to do this ever in all my travels) They then suggested I use a credit card which I sent a copy of my C/C front and back and filled out their form so they could charge the card and send my wife's phone-well now they stated that the name on the card did not match my name ( they said it said Nichael instead of Michael an refused to process the transaction. I had to wait several days and many e-mails later to tell them that they should make a decision and send the phone, American Express is not governed by the banks in the Philippines, also the fact they accused me of fraud( name on card does not match your name), that they had my wife's phone and if they did to make a decision to send it back I would contact the CEO of Aston International which runs the Quest Hotel chain( they only have one in the Philippines) and let him know all that I and my wife have been through. Now they replied and sent the phone for 94.00 charge on my Amex card when they should have sent it at no cost after what I went through trying to get this sorted out. My wife's father is still in the hospital in Cebu trying to get his pneumonia sorted out and this has cost us so much financially.
I sincerely hope that whoever at Aston Hotels sees this acts on this as the management at this hotel is clueless .

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank mf252
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Cebu, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear Mr. Mf252,

First and foremost, we hope that your wife’s family have now recovered from the tragic experience from the super typhoon Haiyan, especially her dad who had a heart attack. We truly hope that they are now in good condition.

Yes, indeed it has been a tedious process in ensuring the phone is returned to your wife. But we are glad that by this time the phone has reached your wife already in good condition when she inadvertently left in your room when you checked out.

We understand your frustrations and sentiments as regards to the process of sending it to you, which took a few days from Cebu to the US, as we went through the verification procedures in processing the billing of shipping back the phone. We cannot speak for FedEx but they have a policy that they cannot transact under a company’s corporate account without authorization from your company. And for asking you to send us your corporate logo, given that you also wanted to use your company account for the said shipment, it was Fedex requiring us to do so on your behalf.
The same thing with your American Express card, our local bank here requires exactly the same name and signature of the credit card holder with that of the credit card authorization form for validation purposes. And as we understand it, that was done precisely to ensure the veracity of a credit card used most especially that the owner of the card was not present personally but through a third party. Additionally, we would like also to tell you unequivocally that we were not accusing you or anyone of credit card fraud as we were only the facilitator or the third party to the shipment of your wife’s phone via Fedex.

Furthermore, we regret the fact that you experienced dissatisfaction with regard to the taxi incident. On the issue of the taxicab carrying “only four” passengers, it is a Philippine law and part of jurisprudence covering public transport in the country. The penalty is stiff if the driver is caught in violation and it is his responsibility to ensure that it is strictly followed.
Each of our team members are dedicated to service excellence and in this instance we have fallen short of your expectations. Thus, we hope you will accept our sincerest apologies if our security staff have been remiss in informing you of taxi policy here in the Philippines.

Thank you for your bringing your experiences to our attention. Rest assured that we are not deflecting the issues here or transferring the blame to others but we would also like to put things in its proper context.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to make it up to you on your next visit to our hotel. Moreover, please allow me to thank you for your business and for bringing the issues upfront to our attention. By doing so, we would be able to further improve our services.

If you have other concerns, please feel free to email me directly at cebueam@quest-hotels.com

Whangarei, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

Extremely good value and good location. Excellent rooms and good buffet breakfast. Be careful of the traffic when visiting the nearby Ayala Mall. Definitely good value. Good wifi and good selection of TV channels available.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Cebu, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Dear Nigelmason2013,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments in Trip Advisor. We are truly delighted to learn that your experience here was enjoyable .

We will look forward to your next trip to Cebu and hope that you will stay with us again.

Quest Hotel Conference Hotel Cebu
Visayas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

First the GOOD: Location is good for Ayala Mall with a variety of restaurants, shops and a supermarket, though getting there is no picnic, partly due to ongoing construction. There was free parking, which was useful for me. The room was big enough, though I found the lighting rather poor. the bathroom was a bit small, but the shower was strong, adjustable and plenty of hot water, delivered quickly (no delay), without going hot and cold. One thing I particularly liked was the abundance of electrical outlets, almost all being multi-purpose for any kind of plug. Believe me, this is unique in the Philippines. Bed was ok, pillows a little too soft for my liking. Cable TV was ok and wi-fi worked in the room quite well.

The BAD: The housekeeping was very late. We went out at 7.30 am the first morning and although we didn't get back till 1.00pm, the room had not been cleaned. I called housekeeping to clean the room, since we wanted to have a nap to catch up lost sleep the day before. They promised to send someone, but by 3.30pm no-one had come, so we put up the "Don't Disturb" and took our nap. We asked when we went out for dinner that someone clean and when we came back it was clean. However, the cleaning was quite late every day. I saw an "affordable and great" review that mentioned that the breakfast was P350 for 2. Not sure what century that was, but we paid P500 each and it wasn't worth that by Philippine standards, not a lot of choice either. Local cheap corn beef complete with intestine, those (for me) horribly sweet sausages (longanisa), poor selection of fruit, several serving dishes empty and had to ask them to replenish, even no butter at the bread section. Room service prices and mini bar were expensive. We were in a corner room and there was some loud music quite late into the night at the weekend coming from outside.

The AVERAGE: We paid P3,100 a night without breakfast, P4,100 when breakfast was included. I would say the hotel was quite good for a 3 star, but P4,100 is certainly not cheap in the Philippines. It was only average for the price. The staff were friendly and helpful, though when I asked for a tourist map, they were "out of stock", one of the most commonly used expressions in the Philippines. Despite some poor reviews I found the reception to be ok, perhaps it could be a little bigger and have more staff, but I only had to wait on one occasion for more than 5 minutes.

I wanted to give a 3 1/2 star rating or "GOOD". It's a big jump from "AVERAGE" (3 stars) to "VERY GOOD" (4 stars).

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KendalVisayas
Dear KendalVisayas,

First of all, the management and staff of Quest Hotel and Conference Center would like to thank you for the very candid thoughts you rendered.

However, we regret that we were not able to measure up to the standard you would have wanted. But we truly appreciate that you brought those foregoing issues to us so that we will be able to correct them. We value all the inputs that we get from our guests, critical or not, and knowing our weaknesses will provide us the means to rectify them.

Moreover, in spite the inconveniences, you still had some positive experiences during your stay with us. We thank you and appreciate it for highlighting them up.

Thank you once again for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you!

Cebu City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

As a practice of my family, we spent New Year countdown at hotels. This 2014 we had it at the Quest Hotel and Convention Center. At first, I thought this is just an ordinary hotel. But checking in for an overnight stay changed my view of the hotel. The lobby has a very welcoming atmosphere with classy ambiance. The rooms are neat and dainty with their perpetual white walls and ceilings with minimal colored accents, including the beds. The toilet and bathroom is spacious enough. Just needed some more insulation of the main door I think as noise of talking guests outside is very audible inside the room. The Puso Restaurant where we dined and where the countdown was held is spacious and served a variety of good food, particularly with our breakfast. I just want to see a more complimenting features of its swimming pool in the 7th floor, that it should have been furnished and finished with dainty shades and neat finishing tiles to match the overall hotel character.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back provide good view of the metropolis under the sunset-colored sky and the swimming...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jerjamcal
Dear Jerjamcal,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comments about your stay We are pleased to know that your experience here was enjoyable and better than expected.

I have noted your comments regarding the insulation of the room and swimming pool. Please be assured that we are constantly finding ways to further improve our amenities and facilities to satisfy all our guests.