“Solid hotel”

Ranked #8 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
Adelaide, Australia
“Solid hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed here a couple of times for work trips when travelling from Manila

Pros:
- Bed was very comfortable and there were a tonne of different pillows to choose from
- Location is very convenient across from Ayala
- Breakfast buffet was quite good with a large selection
- Overall clean and well presented

Cons:
- Was a bit noisy listening to jeepneys all night (although this is hard to avoid)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
QuestCebuGM, General Manager at Quest Cebu, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to write us a feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

It's nice to know that you had a pleasant experience. Your comments will definitely motivate us to serve you better in the future.

We value your business.

Karen and Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I had to rush-book a room for a Friday overnight on a Thursday and I still got the best rates. I think that alone says about the hotel's committment to giving value to their customers' money.

I booked for a friend's trial makeup session so I had to choose for a room with a big mirror and a drawer for easy use by Makeup artist and true enough, they provided us with a room with huge mirror, well-lit and clean.

Breakfast buffet was superb as well. We had to have add-on but for 300++ per pax, it was value for money already.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hello WaGne!

It's nice to hear from you. Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad to know that you and your friend are satisfied with the services and offers that we have provided.

We do hope to have you again in the not too distant future. We value your business!

Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I recently accompanied a friend who was on a working trip in Cebu, so we happen to be booked in this wonderful hotel. As we entered the lobby, I was pleasantly surprised by the decor and the impressive coffee shop which a wide array of food selection on their buffet spread. The service of the staff was excellent since they were very attentive to our needs. We experienced a slight problem regarding a clogged drain in the shower area, so we called for assistance. They immediately sent a plumber and the problem was fixed. I was really amazed that it was fast. My friend always stays here and now I know why. It's proximity to the Ayala Center makes it also convenient for last minute shopping. Highly recommended hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sarina F
Hi Sarina,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a feedback. We are so pleased to know that you and your friend enjoyed your stay with us. It is always our pleasure to provide our customers with excellent customer service.

We do however, apologize for the clogged drainage and the inconvenience this has caused you. But it's nice to know that this has been attended to immediately.

Your recommendation is highly appreciated! We hope to see you soon in the not too distant future!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

My husband always staying at quest hotel because its the most convienient place because its near ayala cebu. I went to cebu to accompany my husband. Quest hotel is a great place to stay. It has value for money at the same time good food and great people .keep up tge good work...

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kathleen T
Hi Kathleen!

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you had a great time with us. It's nice to know that our efforts have been appreciated through a five star rating.

We do hope to see more of you in the not too distant future.

Karen & Team
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I usually base my hotel choice on the reviews I read from other hotel guests. I was looking for a reasonably-priced hotel because I know we will be out the whole day, touring Cebu & will only use the room for bathing & sleeping purposes only. I called the hotel before our plane took off to confirm my booking (as I booked through Agoda) & regarding airport transfer. Reception was accomodating & managed to arrange transportation.

Check-in was fast. The employees were courteous. I noticed they touch their chest/heart area when they greet you. The standard deluxe room is a bit small than what I'm used to (with 2 single beds) but it's still comfortable & clean (no odd smells).

I did not include breakfast in my booking but availed of it on our last day. It was ok. I'm particularly fond of pancakes &/or french toast, but I was disappointed at how they prepared it. The pancakes were dry (not fluffy) & the french toast the same (like stale bread, sorry). Bacon was hard (not crispy). Other than that, the rest were pretty generic. Maybe they can do better. One can still eat breakfast at the restaurants nearby after your morning walk.

But if asked if I would come back to check in, I will say yes. Its location (in CBD) is very convenient. I can go to the mall anytime. There are taxis in front of the hotel. It's a very practical hotel. For the amenities, I would say it's still good value for money.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hi Eileen Rose,

Good day to you! Thank you for taking the time to write a feedback. This will surely help us in improving our services in the future. We are happy to receive a four star rating from you.

Rest assured, that your comments regarding the food will be escalated to our food and beverage manager in order for this concern to be looked into.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. We value your business!

Bacolod, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed for 2 nights when I attended a business conference in Cebu. Quest is situated right across Ayala Mall, one of Cebu's upscale shopping and eating center.

The guards and bellhop were very courteous and helpful with the luggage upon our arrival. Check-in at around 2pm was speedy. No hassle. The front desk people had our names on the reservation list. We were immediately given our keycards and the wifi password.

The lobby area was cozy and one can get a copy of one national newspaper and one local daily. One thing that struck me was the dining area. It occupied at least three fourths of the ground floor. It had several buffet sections, Japanese section, salad bar, dessert section, bar, bread and pastry section, main course section, egg section with all sorts of eggs (scrambled, poached, sunny side up, hard boiled, and you can order an omelet which they will cook in front of you.)

The twin room we occupied was standard in size, not cramped, with a view of the mountain and the other neighboring tall hotel buildings. It was clean and the beds were comfortable. There were standard toiletries, 2 mineral water bottles,and 2 coffee/tea sachets.

The shower room though is not senior friendly. The bathroom tiles are slippery when wet. There was no rubber mat so you have to be extra careful when taking a shower because there are no handle bars or grips to hold on inside the shower room.

There is a tendency for the whole comfort room to be wet because the water from the shower area overflows since the drainage takes a long time for the water to drain. Hot water adjustment is defective in our room, mostly cold water coming out of the shower.

Early in the morning we had to call room service because the water closet was dry (no water for flushing. Housekeeping immediately made the necessary adjustments/repairs.

It was the perfect venue for our business conference which was held one of the function rooms on the sixth floor. The waiters were efficient and friendly and the aircon was cold. The bathrooms though were too far from the function rooms.

The hotel had free shuttle buses that take you to Ayala and SM malls. There are also plenty of metered taxis lined up outside the hotel and it is safe to use because the guards take note of their numbers and even get the names of the taxicab drivers.

Overall our stay in the Quest was more than satisfactory. I would higly recommend this hotel to my friends although they should review their prices in order to make it more competitive with the other hotels across the street. But I must say that the free buffet breakfast that's absolutely mind boggling makes up for the slightly higher cost.

Lastly, I left my cellphone charger. I hope it can still be recovered when go I go back to Cebu in one of my future travels.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hello profzulueta!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. your feedback will surely help us serve our customers better in the future!

We would like to apologize for the slight defects you experienced in the shower room but rest assured that your comments and suggestions will be noted and looked into.

It's nice to know that you had a pleasant stay with us. We value your business and we are looking forward to having you again in the not too distant future!

Luzon, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night in this hotel. Very near the Ayala mall. Very convenient location. All the taxi drivers know where it is. Room was clean and just the right size. Ask for a higher floor room for better view .

• Stayed December 2013
Hello Weng2278!

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate that you took the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. It's nice to know that you had a good experience.

We are looking forward to having you again in the not too distant future!
We value your business!