“You'll keep coming back for more”
Review of Matias

Matias
Ranked #56 of 721 Restaurants in Cebu City
Cuisines: Barbecue
Cebu Island, Philippines
“You'll keep coming back for more”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My family and i have been living in cebu for almost 20 years now and eversince i can remember matias has always been our place to go for dinner when we cant decide on a place to eat. Ive eaten in matias since i was 6 years old and now that im 21 even after more than 10 years the flavors of their bbq still hasnt changed. Gotta love this place. CEBU IS MATIAS.

• Visited February 2014

Manila, Philippines
“Good BBQ but limited choices!”
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

First time to eat at Matias, place is busy but service is efficient. BBQ choices are limited, there was no seafood that night. The taste is average, guess people come here for its affordable price and fast service. You can eat a freshly cooked BBQ of your choice, with chili soy sauce dip, and packed rice 'puso' within 30mins at $5/pax.
Parking is not easy, and smoke from the grill fills the dining area. But all part of the Matias experience.

1 Thank MikeCarmona
“Where the only thing not good is parking.”
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Just had dinner at Matia's a few hours ago, and as usual, I heard my tummy saying, "thank you, and let's come back soon!"

Pork barbecue is still succulent, and best with poso. Mountain Dew was ice-cold, and the sawsawan was complete with native sili.

I saw lots of tables being served with balbacua. I dont eat the stuff but judging by the number of people having it, its a hit!
Same observation every time I visit Matia's so their balbacua must be really tops.

Look for Manang Nita. She always takes care of making sure you get your order fast especially if there is a long queue. She was telling us they closed last night at 7:30pm because all the food was gone. Men, Cebuanos and visitors do really love Matia's.

Simple fare, affordable, and addictively so LAMI. One of my best pork bbq picks!

Downside though is limited parking. If full inside, try road-side parking in front of Matia's neighbor selling trucks. With a tip to the guard, he will let you park, and watch your car. For visitors without vehicles, good for you. Matia's is very accessible, and all cab drivers know where it is.

See you there!

Visited December 2013
Manila, Philippines
“Best tasting grilled meats at a very affordable price”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

This place has no big signs or marquees announcing its existence on a busy highway. On a small wooden sign not much bigger than an aircraft tray table, it meekly says its name. But let not the simple surroundings fool you. This is probably the best barbeque Ive ever tried anywhere. A local brought me here and with one bite, I was amazed. No wonder this place was packed from lunchtime till two thirty pm, and thats on a weekday. For 500 pesos (approximately 13usd) with drinks, three of us ate till we couldnt budge. For the money we paid I would have reasonably expected to pay twice that for the delicious experience. Seems the locals like to keep this a secret and I cant blame them, having tasted this barbeque heaven...everytime I am sent down to Cebu I need to eat here at least once during my stay. It would be a crime not to. Dont eat here! Leave it all for us hahaha...

• Visited February 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice 'inato' style. ;)”
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Barato. Lami. Busog. I love their pork bbq. Sometimes, i crave for it. Yumyum. Lami jud magkinamot magkaon. ;) although, messy, they provide hand washing area man pd so payts ra.

• Visited June 2013