“Evening foods and night talks”
Review of The Emerald

The Emerald
Ranked #205 of 777 Restaurants in Cebu City
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: International
Reviewed 10 December 2013

The pub accepts sizes of groups of people from couples to families. I like placing an order and getting the food delivered to the table services. I like the drinks and beverages which are prepared when you place an order. I can see people enjoying the evening foods and having night talks until the very late evening.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

During our recent trip to Cebu we heard about an Irish Pub that served authenticate Irish food. I had the Shepard's Pie and my friend had Emerald Pie. The Emerald Pie took about 45 minutes from order to table but was worth the wait. The atmosphere is quite nice. The interior is constructed of very fine wood which adds to the feel of an old "Irish" bar. We went on a Saturday night and there was plenty of foreigners. There was also live music, outside on the patio, which was quite loud which made it difficult to socialize with friends.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

The beers are always ice cold (which is rare enough around Cebu to be pointed out), Sports is always on TV (and it is rugby most the the time). waitresses are efficient and friendly, the pub grub type menu never let me down so far (and I have tried a lot of their items), and they have a consequent parking lot (also rare in Cebu)

It is one of the best place to go for a beer (or several) with mates!

3  Thank Thebeachwanderer
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Ive been going to the Emerald Isle for several years now and its an excellent bar. The service is superb. The waitresses all know my name even though I dont go every week. The food is very good. They serve one of the best Quesadillas in Town and everything else that I have tried from the menu was very good too. The Fish and Chips and the Toad in the Hole are huge.
Quiz night attracts a fun crowd and finally they also serve some imported beers. There is outdoor seating and its nice and cool inside. They also have four nice big flat screen tvs and show most of the big Sporting events on them to the wee hours. Definitely a place I would reccommend.

3  Thank Simontimmins
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I would just like to set the record straight with regard to Marl S review of London.
I am the owner of Emerald Isle and we have had nothing but good reports about our food and service.
To see your comments which were totally untrue was very upsetting. You turned up to the bar at 10pm on a Sunday night, you were very rude and arrogant when told the main kitchen was closed and our chefs had left. My wife offered to cook you some food off the main menu which is more than you would get from most restaurants on a Sunday night at 10pm. The way you spoke to my wife would have entitled you to a piece of my mind. If it took 20 taxis to get to our bar it just shows the condition you were in. I do not know a taxi driver in Cebu that does not know where Cabancalan is. What a ridiculous idea for us to tell some of the taxi drivers where the bar is???? I can guarantee you if you got into any taxi sober with our business card and treated them with some respect and not the drunk arrogant attitude that you presented to my wife you would have found the bar earlier.

13  Thank MartynjBell8