“Great Location. Value for money. Simple and Clean”
Review of Red Planet Cebu

Red Planet Cebu
Ranked #9 of 92 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed 28 August 2014

- Close to malls, close to major attractiions.
- Clean room. A bit small, but it's ok to me.
- Value for money.
- Service is great, all smiley faces.
- Good place for budget travellers. Nothing fancy.

I would choose it again, if I come back to Cebu.

Room Tip: Book early.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EltonMa

Reviewed 25 August 2014

our stay was very nice.

Jay-ar was very helpful with our luggage during our checking in and out.

The room was small but everything is clean. the beds are okay. the price is very reasonable.

security is a little bit a problem, as the lift from the entrance is directly going to the rooms.

Be careful with main door of the room because it is quite heavy.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gerry1985
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

For the price, you get a clean room, comfy bed and pillows, window type aircon, wifi and cable tv, hot shower, with towel, shampoo and soap.

Don't look for coffee or tea, toothbrush nor shave but there's 711 at the ground floor.

Great price and location is perfect next to Ayala Mall.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Decided to give Tune hotels a visit for the first time ever. Really amazed, it suited me perfectly. Obviously a well thought out concept. As a traveller my main requirements are good location, good bed, TV, air con, wifi and preferably with a safe in the room.

Tune hotel Cebu had all of that plus a great shower. I've stayed in most of the 4 & 5 star hotels in Cebu and Manila but for my necessary facilities Tune hotel catered perfectly. If I was paying 6-8,000 pesos per night yes I would expect more. Tune is under 2000 pn. For that reason I give them 9.5 out of 10. Yes I was that impressed, the staff were brilliant with anything I needed or questions asked.

I'm leaving Cebu today and have decided to try Tune hotel Makati. I hope it is as good as tune Cebu, will give a review after my visit.

If you put a gun to my head to mention negatives there were few and of little importance.

Here goes, room is smaller than normal. For me as a single traveller it was totally fine and expected. The design of the room gave me a feel of space.
Cos of the need for space there is no wardrobe but there is a rail which I found was enough for me.

The air con is quite noisy, not an issue during the day but could be overnight, I turned it off before sleeping and just used the ceiling fan which was great for me !

I'm a big convert at this stage :) also the money saved on the cost of the room means that I had sooo much more money to spend on me !!

No I don't have shares in Tune hotels..... wish I did !!!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank gerry47_11
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The best budget hotel I've ever stayed in ! Very convenient to the Ayala Center and the staff are most helpful. A very good hotel to stay in if one wants to be within the city and is walking distance to great restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Spent two nights at the Tune Hotel in Cebu. Staff a bit busy and not as welcoming as other hotels we stayed in the Philippines but the establishment is clean, modern and the rooms are really nice. We got a better price on the internet and there are 2 computers in the lobby available for guests if they wish to book a room that way. Since we arrived early and our departure was late, our baggages were stored in the locker room. Though there is a surcharge for that service, they never billed us for it, which we appreciated. The hotel is very well located next to a big shopping mall with lots of nice restaurants. We would definitely recommend the Tune hotel to our friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I was here for two nights before I flew home. The hotel has no facilities like pool but it is well decorated throughout. The main plus point this hotel has is its location next to the shopping mall Aylia. A stones through away you can walk to the huge number of restaurants to eat out.

The room was nice enough(3 stars) flat screen tv, air con, my only fault was it was on the small side. There was no wardrobe only a clothes rail. But still it was 3 star I was happy for what I paid for.I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo