Cebu City Marriott Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Good 3.5/5
Red Planet Cebu(Cebu City)
Very Good 4/5
St. Moritz Hotel(Cebu City)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Wellcome Hotel(Cebu Island)
1,279 results
All reviewsgarden cafeayala mallthe executive loungebreakfast buffetbusiness districtbusiness tripeasy accesshousekeeping staffmangosecurityromeoarielphilippinesgymproximitycebuanobathtub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Marriott cebu city appears to be cruising on its corporate reputation. We arrived at 2 pm which was the normal check in time but we were made to wait for 1 1/2 hours before we were able to check in to our room.

We waited in the lounge area and there were dirty dishes on the tables and no attempt to clear the tables all the while we were there. It would appear to me that the hotel does not have enought staff.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Francis T
marriottcebu, General Manager at Cebu City Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your feedback.

Your comments are highly important to us to make the necessary improvements. We sincerely apologize for the late check-in you experienced during your arrival. Rest assured we will look into this to be of better service to you in the near future.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I stayed here two nights, and it was comfortable. Bonus is free internet! The buffet downstairs for breakfast had traditional food. The hotel is close to Ayala Mall which had a lot of restaurants to pick from.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest:

We highly appreciate you taking time to write a review.

We are happy to hear about your pleasant stay with us. We also take pride in having the fastest internet in the city at 60MBPS.

We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Arriving the day after the massive October earthquake, I found myself checked in at the Marriott. I booked rooms originally at Radisson Blu but due to damage we were transferred to Marco Polo which turned into a drama in itself so we ended up at the Marriott. I have to give props to all the hotels who were very cooperative in trying to meet my needs with special mention to the reception/management of Radisson Blu and Marriott hotels. They all made my transfers uneventful and painless.

The Marriott reception was all smiles when I arrived and you'd never even think that a massive earthquake just went through the islands. That is professionalism and customer service beyond. Throughout my stay I even felt guilty because these people may have suffered some personal trauma and yet here they are working and being pleasant towards me and my family.

Yes maybe some of the floor carpeting is tired but when you are walking around and the room attendants are happy and greeting you with that Cebuana/cebuano smile. You'd hardly look at the carpet. I stayed on the top floor and the city view is great I even had a glimpsed of the sea as it was that clear. I don't even remember what the carpet looks like. Besides you cant expect any hotel to have a barely touched carpeting in their public areas.

On a more important point, the girls at reception were top notch, they allowed me to have late check out at 5 PM without charging me like hello Versace Hotel at the Gold Coast Australia. I asked politely the first time I checked in because I had to catch a ferry by 7 PM. "of Course" they said with a smile and that's how they get my vote for being the best hotel in Cebu Philippines.

The breakfast buffet was plentiful with choices for everyone watching their diets or not watching their dietary intake. I was welcomed each day into the restaurant with a smile and I DIDN"T HAVE TO MAKE A reservation for it. I sat for over an hour every breakfast enjoying the hospitality and the native Filipino food delicacies. You have to try their sticky rice, its not too sweet like in some places where you'll only taste the sugar and not bland like in Thailand.

I had no problems with the internet as it was constant and I was able to have facetime work meetings in my room.

When I came back to stay at the hotel 2 weeks later for a couple of days, I tried their Gym. it was great running all the food I inhaled the last few weeks. Maybe next time I will bring a not so revealing swimsuit because the pool is very public. There isn't any nooks and crannies that you can dip and hide.

When it came to the security in all the exits entrances of the hotel, their work might be in your face and confronting to some. But for me i'd rather they all check everybody so I can sleep better. Make sure its thorough and efficient. And boy I slept like a baby up in the 10th floor in a very comfy bed after a welcome hot shower washing away the red soil of the mines of Mindanao. I only woke up when the cold of the airconditioning became unbearable. Then I realized I forgot to turn the temperature up to 24 degrees. I was like murmuring bloody Asians and their love of blizzard airconditioning LOL.

I also like their system where they give you a taxi voucher detailing the registration of the car and time for security. Apparently in Cebu most establishments practice this for safety. Thailand and Malaysia should adapt this security measures. Because it wont be amazing Thailand if you get conned by a taxi driver like we did in Bangkok.

When it was time for me to catch my flight and check out, I realized that I had no more Pesos to pay the so called "AIRPORT FEE" at Mactan so I ran to Ayala. Thank goodness it was only a short skip to the mall. So it's a big PLUS for the hotel to be right next door. Moreover, I bought some presents and stuff from the centre and the convenience of staying next door is worth every penny. For people who love shopping, then you can just go in the morning shop till you drop and bring back your shopping to your room and then go shopping some more, then have dinner at all the fancy restaurants.

I also learnt that you can get The Cebu Spa at Ayala to serve you at the hotel. I had a 4 hour treatment at the spa which I could have had done at the hotel in my room.

And you know there are times when you feel ignored when the hotel realize that its your last day. I never got that. To save me from waiting for my luggage to come down The room cleaners and attendants working the next room helped me with my luggages into the elevator. One even came with me instead of waiting for the attendants to come pick them up knowing that I was running late for my flight due to my Pesos dilemma.

That is service beyond expectations. Its there when you are not expecting it and specially when you don't realize you needed it. Just smile and they will smile back at you because Asians and specially Filipinos don't know how to react if you are grumpy they'd rather avoid you. I suppose that's the best attitude in getting the best out of people.

So guys just stay at the Marriott when you are in Cebu Philippines and tell them I sent you. And yes I will only review the best experience and the worst experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Naomi M

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We highly appreciate your feedback!

We are very happy to hear about your memorable experience in the hotel. We take pride in our brilliant hosts who provide genuine hopsitality to our guests and I will be sure to relay the message to the rest of the team.

We look forward to serving you again in one of your future visits!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We arrived November 9, the day after Haiyan and the hotel was fully functioning and fully booked. Check in was slow but not terrible so (no one was staffing the Rewards desk). Yes they have a gate, bomb scanner for cars and a dog at entry doors but this is not unusual in many parts of the world.

The staff of the hotel is marvelous and tries very hard to accommodate every request. The hotel is directly attached by short walk way to a delightful mall with plenty of shopping, restaurants, spa, dentist etc.

The pool is small but very nice and the breakfast buffet has something for all diets. They have a very nice executive lounge and decent (average) wi fi speed. That being said, the hotel needs a update. The rooms are clean but tired as are the hallways. The common areas and restaurants looked more up to date.

We would stay again, but hope they update the rooms.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank voyager52

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your feedback.

We are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay during your visit to Cebu. Rest assured your comments have been well noted and plans for a hotel refurbishment is being considered.

We hope to be of better service to you in the future!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

A typical Marriott hotel with clean rooms and good facilities. It has very tight security checks including of vehicles and baggages which may put some guests off. Hotel is directly connected to a shopping mall which has local boutiques, supermarket and lots of dining options. Having a poolside dinner of local grill while enjoying the live music from the resident Filipino band is worth the experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Y880

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking time to write a review.

We highly appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear about your pleasant stay in the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!