“Old hotel with poor rooms”

Cebu City Marriott Hotel
Ranked #6 of 92 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is an 18 year old hotel and they haven't refurbished the rooms since it opened. The room rates are much higher than most hotels in the area. But the elevators don't work well and the room keys always need to be reset.

Spend your hotel dollars at a better run hotel.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Phillip Y
Write a ReviewReviews (1,277)

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Whenever I am in Cebu I used to stay in Cebu City Marriott. It has the best location in town, direct access to Ayala Mall.
The staff is always very friendly and mindful, the breakfast buffet offers a wide range of food. Unfortunately the rooms are not up to date. the furnitures are old, partially damaged and the air-condition in the most rooms is not adjustable. Since ever since 2007 today I spend my stay in a room which has a properly working air-condition what keeps the desired temperature. The bathroom fittings for the bathtub/shower where renewed already but all other fittings and bathroom furnishings seems to be from the first day the hotel opened.
Before I came here this April I made up my mind to change to Radisson Blu, but the location makes it that we came back to Marriott. The location deserves a first class hotel and I hope the management will do renovations soon.

Room Tip: Please ask for a room at the Ayala Mall side, because the front side ist noisy from the traffic day...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Carsten R
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I went there for a 2-day business trip last week. It's close to the Ayala center - a big mall, very convenient for shopping. It provides sufficient choices of breakfast and good service. the room is medium sized but the bathroom is quite small as a high-end hotel and even without a shower room. The door is poor at soundproof that I can clearly hear the opening of other rooms' door. The swimming looks attractive but did not have the chance to try. Generally speaking, it's a good overnight hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2014

This is my first time to stay in a Marriott property, stayed here for one night with the family as our home base while in Cabu City. The location of this hotel is just right beside the Ayala Mall Cebu which provides us great shopping and food options. It is also a good place to start in visiting the sites around the city such as the Sto Niño church and the Taoist temple.

Check in process was very efficient, our room was ready when we arrived even if we got there early, they also enrolled me to their Marriott awards program. We requested for a room with 2 beds, the room itself is clean but it feels small and cramped, the space between the edge of the bed and the TV cabinet I quite narrow that when two adults walk by each other one must give way for the other to pass. On the other hand the beds are spacious enough to accommodate 2 adults in each bed and comfortable to sleep in after a long day of touring. One downside probably for the room is the air conditioning is not cold enough specially now it is summer, I'm not sure if this is only with the room we were staying or with all other rooms in the property, I didn't bother to complain anymore since all of us were tired from going around.

The breakfast is just average, enough to get you filled but I feel the spread is limited. The pool is also quite small but probably just right if you are just going to have a dip or swim with children. Security in this hotel is very tight, every time you enter the property, all bags are being scanned through X-ray machine.

Overall, the hotel is showing its age, but it is a solid property and a good base if you wish to go around the city.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dbtgo
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I'd say the service is very nice- efficient and friendly. They accommodated our request for an extra bed without any charge. In other hotels you would have to pay everytime you have to ask for a little extra. That's why Marriott feels like a second home.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sonia028CebuCity
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Great exp. very nice , co-oprative staff, friendly . Very good location . Over all very good . Walking distance from. Mall . Nice gym and pool. We stayed around 3 months . So may stay was like my home .

Room Tip: Stayed around 3 months in 2 visits
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed last December2013 Attending the wedding of my sister in law. Upon arrival the security and the bellman greeted me with a smile and ask assistance of my luggage I was so impressed because no matter how busy they are they still manage to handle the situation and provide good service to the guest. When I came in to the hotel There was a scanner of the luggage which is very secured because they made sure that the establishment is safe and the guest as well. When I went to the lobby all the staff greeted me and welcome without any hesitation I felt at home. Also the level of service of the lobby lounge is superb and the attendant is very attentive to the guests and always willing to help. The room is spacious and very clean I salute the housekeeping who clean our room "he is detailed and well trained."
Thanks to all staff who helped me during our stay its memorable one.
SEE YOU ON MAY2014:

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
marriottcebu, General Manager at Cebu City Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are very pleased to hear of your pleasant experience while visiting the hotel last December. It is our aim to make your stay as comfortable as possible at the same time keep you safe and secure during the duration of your visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel come May.

Patrick Carroll

Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa
Harolds Hotel
Harolds Hotel
#3 of 92 in Cebu City

Been to Cebu City Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!