“Marriott plus Ayala”

Cebu City Marriott Hotel
Ranked #5 of 92 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed 18 May 2014

It was my second time to visit Cebu but first stay in Marriott Hotel. A first plus is its proximity to Ayala Center so no worries when you need to do shopping or dine out. The hotel's overall look is good from the lobby to the poolside. Though the pool is quite small, guests come and go for a dip. The room we got has all the things we needed and the staff were happy to refill/replace them everytime. Breakfast buffet is also filling but I was expecting for more variety. Second plus, the staff were attentive, courteous and patient enough to answer my queries. Third plus, I heard from my colleges who were with me that the gym and spa service were great (their therapists are from The Spa from the nearby Ayala Center. Overall, my stay was good and would like to come back with my family.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MyTrips247
marriottcebu, General Manager at Cebu City Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear MyTrips247,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about our hotel. We are happy to hear that our location was perfect for your needs and that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your comments regarding the breakfast buffet and we will look to see what additional variety we can add for the guest’s enjoyment. We look forward to your next visit to the Cebu Marriott.

Patrick Carroll

Write a ReviewReviews (1,255)

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I have stayed at the Marriott several times while visiting our office in Cebu. The hotel staff is very accommodating and quick to assist. Beds are very comfortable and the hotel/rooms are clean. Location is well situated as it is attached to the Ayala Mall with a good variety of restaurants, grocery store, starbucks and shopping.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank 1Frong

Dear 1Frong,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments about your stay. We are happy to hear that you had a great visit and that our location and facilities met your needs. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Friendly staff always, clean, roomy. the room was really nice and fresh. Security is ever present and gives a feeling that the Hotel cares about its guests. The restaurant has buffet most every meal the is quite large.

Room Tip: As far as I can tell, the rooms are all the same, all seem to be quiet and roomy
1  Thank timballenger

Dear timballenger,

Thank you for your nice comments about your stay. We are pleased to hear that the staff and facilities were to your liking. Our secure location makes for an enjoyable experience. We hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel with a great location and friendly staff. However, it does need some updating as the AC was virtually useless on the Club Floor and the water pressure was not great. That being said it was OK and the helpfulness of the staff made one forget some of the physical shortcomings.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
marriottcebu, General Manager at Cebu City Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Andy P,

Thank you for your comments regarding your experience at our hotel and that the staff were responsive to your needs. We apologize that the air conditioning and water pressure did not meet your expectations. We are constantly reviewing all of our rooms for proper maintenance and we will review this room for proper operation. Your feedback helps up to continue to improve our service to all guests. We hope to see you on a future trip to Cebu.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My friend and 1 decided to stay at Cebu City Marriott which is my second time here in Phillipines but 1st time in cebu, it's more fun and pollution free city. The room is fresh, Everyone (staff) was like my family when i hear them greet my friends and i. Service is perfect as they clean / dirt free room as per the attendants / staffs are very attentive. But when bed times,there are times that room attendants or somebody slamming doors which startle us.disturbing.. cool thing is easy access to mall to go shopping,having fun and watching movies..Foods are quite delisyoso and they served it in time which impress me the most. they don't have a welcome drinks as other hotel does but when you step on marriott's, everyone is very accommodating and they always put the people first so it feels refreshing.. easy access to pool, sauna and gym. Speaking of the GYM, i am a fitness Enthusiast. Every time i do my exercise at the fitness center, i always bring my own gym towel and water. 1 time at the gym, I saw a Mean Lean Fitness Attendant with a RED uniform and i kept my eye on him doing his job as he assist gym members and making sure all the dumbells / barbells are in the exact and proper place and keeping the area clean while the other female fitness attendant with a black uniform doing nothin but sitting there facing PC at all time. 1 time i forgot to bring water and towel for my exercise,this mean lean fitness attendant saw me doing treadmill, sweaty, with no towels at all. He approached me with a warm greetings and hand me a fresh / clean workout towel with a smile on his face. At that time i got his name. Its DREY. very attentive and most active among those fitness A...days past , we go back to the gym and do our exercises, could'nt get the exact proper executions on doing my freeweights cause i'm more on cardios. . .so this mean lean fitness attendant DREY again catches me doing incorrect executions. He approached me with a smile and helped me with proper executions for his concern to avoid any possible injuries and I go wow...this guy is a passionate fitness trainer. he's so keen in traditional exercises. i kept in silence but in my mind and soul i thank him deeply cause that is the very first time a true hearted fitness trainer approached me on my executions.I suggest, cebu city marriott should have a fitness trainer of 2..1 in the morning, and 1 in the evening..@ tha pool, kinda good shape but small space. so nice to chill with friends, so quiet, pool attendants are friendly and active.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 91Analist

Dear 91Analist,

Thank you for taking the time and giving the hotel and staff such nice praises. We are pleased to hear that our fitness instructor was able to assist you during your workout routine. We appreciate your comments about the 2nd instructor and will look into it. We hope you will visit your friends again and make Marriott your second home.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed at the Marriott Cebu City for a week and I have to say it was one of the nicest stays at a hotel I have had. First I have to mention the staff, so attentive, great customer service, friendly, very courteous and so helpful. They did everything they could to make sure we had a great stay, especially the restaurant staff who organised food not on the menu for my toddler, as I was trying to give her healthier food than the usual chips, pizza etc that are on kids menus everywhere you go. The food was lovely, we had the Buffett lunch, dinner and breakfast during our stay, a lot of variety and tasted great. The rooms are pretty standard, the bed comfy, the showers need to be updated as they are looking very tired.

The hotel is located right next to the Ayala shopping mall, so very convenient, the mall is huge and also has a lot of restaurant choices if you get bored of the hotel. The pool at the hotel is slo nice. It's definitely a great stay and I will stay there again next time we are in Cebu.

1  Thank Mitcham07
Reviewed 26 April 2014

My family decided to have our very first vacation last week(Holy week), My sister decided to stay at Marriott Hotel since its close to malls. we stayed there for three days and two nights. upon entering the hotel the concierge/ bellman we're very accommodating and welcoming though they don't have any welcome drinks but its not a problem. their room we're spacious, cozy and very pleasing for the eye. Kudos to the guy at the breakfast area(Big guy) my family really enjoyed the breakfast. Overall it was great stay.

3  Thank Josef J
Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino
Quest Hotel and Conference Center - Cebu
Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa
Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan

Been to Cebu City Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!