“Rating it on location, rooms, buffet.”

Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino
Ranked #10 of 92 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Location wise it is very convenient if you are in the City of Cebu and want to shop and go around town. But if you want to go the beach side of Cebu island like Mactan I would not stay here since it is 45 minutes to an hour away.
Rooms are OK depending where the front desk decides to put you. They have rooms on the left which is poor and old school looking old Box TV, and smelly carpet. On the other hand, the rooms on the right, close to the breakfast buffet area are way better with a flat screen TV, tub, new beds.
The breakfast buffet is another story. Definitely why you pay a lot for their rooms bec they have free breakfast with a wide array of choices. From donuts, ensaymada, bacon, salad, congee, cold cuts, omelette, etc. A big hearty breakfast! Happy tummy!

Room Tip: Guests have free gym pass and free breakfast. My tip is to try their classes at the gym and wake u...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Waterfront Cebu City Hotel has a huge convention hall; that's the main reason why I got a free two-night stay here. I attended a company sponsored convention then and a huge number of dealers and many company employees were billeted in this city hotel. I think it is just a 3-star hotel, inspite of its facilities - huge ballroom, spa, gym, swimming pool, restaurants, and casino. The hotel is old and is not well maintained. I pity the facilities - like the ballroom, their toilets, our bedroom, and the swimming pool. They are not that clean maybe due to lack of personnel assigned to clean these places. What made us happy was the buffet breakfast and the lunch served during our convention; they were palatable enough.
Based on the expense paid by the company during that big event, Waterfront Cebu gave us good value for our money. However, Management has to do a major renovation on their rooms, the ballroom, and the swimming pool. I also observed that security is lax. We heard from one of the dealers that her handbag was pick-pocketed right in the lobby of the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2013

i stayed at this hotel for 5 days . great breakfast buffets, , great facilities , swimming pool avarage, casino is a negative point for the hotel because there are a lot of gambler who have access into the hotel . it is very easy for a thief to come inside and look for belongings of guests who are busy with checking out or checking in. my beltbag was stolen and the hotel staff found the thief but told me they wouldn't be able to find him. they told me that i have forget my beltbag...
there are a lot of cheaper hotels in the city ,,,,, this hotel isn't a " must to stay at"

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Old hotel and needs an update... Stayed here last Feb 2011, used my United miles. It was ok but definitely won't stay here again. My wife and I were still dating when we stayed here and it was a surprise that Fra Lippo Lippi (band) was having a concert here so we ended up seeing it as well. Not really part of my review but that gave it a plus. Food selection was very good though, I enjoyed the food but not my room. Free breakfast was a plus other than that, its a 3/5. Nothing extravagant. Stay somewhere else in my opinion. Oh, and the pool kinda sucks.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
LaraNaomi, Public Relations Manager at Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Dear Marckypolo,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We would also like to extend our gratitude for your compliments on our food selection. Our chefs do their utmost to deliver quality dishes and your positive comments will be much appreciated.

We value the opinions of our guests and regret that we did not meet your expectations. We do hope you allow us the opportunity to serve you better in the near future.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights and was disappointed. This hotel gives visitors that "wow" factor because of the facade, but actually staying there is not so great. First, the bathrooms are worn-out. It's hard to "mix" hot and cold. The beds are worn out as well, with some of the sheets having very visible ink stains or what-not. And who still uses crt tvs? These are all fine compare to not having electricity for 4 hours in the middle of the night. Yep, there was a blackout. I stayed at the Sofitel in Manila during some heavy rains and power outage, but they still have electricity because of their generators - I wonder why Waterfront doesn't have generators? Breakfast was great though. But do not order carbonara at the Lobby Lounge. Very bland. Over all, I prefer to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear badbadz,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your unfortunate experience during your stay with us.

We are particularly concerned about your observation of the 4-hour blackout. We do have high-powered generators and they switch on automatically during power interruptions and/or outages. The considerable absence of power was a necessary measure for the annual maintenance of our electrical substation. Guest letters were provided in all rooms and signages were also posted around the hotel and guest floors two days prior to the scheduled regulation.

We appreciate your comments on our rooms and food. We are committed to providing the best possible experience for our guests and your feedback will help us improve our services and facilities. We do hope you grant us another opportunity to serve you better.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

I stayed in the hotel for 3 days during my business trip last year. Before I made a reservation, there are a couple of things that I was considering: close to our office in Cebu, should have a wi-fi in the room to keep me updated in everything, and the price should be reasonable (the free breakfast is a plus). And most of all, this hotel is accessible to almost everything so is very convenient.

Overall the facade and infrastructure itself is eye-pleasing, foods they served were good as well, and the staffs who assisted me were just fine. They clean the room/change the toiletries & bedding only when necessary (I guess). The hotel itself needs a bit restructuring though, especially the toilet. The airport service was superb, felt like I was a VIP! :)

Overall it was a good stay and definitely my first choice in the downtown.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank grittygrazh
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Visited the hotel for a conference last week. Good thing it was an overnight visit that was sponsored by the company. Not worth the going rates.

Granted this is an old hotel. With all the new hotels popping up, this hotel needs fixing and with the area that it has, what a waste of opportunity.

We were assigned a smoking floor, without asking us if we were smokers or non-smokers. You could smell the smoke as you step out of the 9th floor elevator. Old carpeting, wall paper. Tv was enclosed in what looked like a bamboo cage. Was someone actually going to steal such a big, out dated tv? I don't think so.

The design was like a flashback from the 80s! The bathroom was tiny! The toilet was actually behind the door when you enter the bathroom so make sure the door is locked if you use it. The shower as designed poorly that when you do take a bath the water spills out. Ammenities were very minimal : water, 2 soups, 2 toothbrushes, 1 shampoo and 1 lotion. The lights were not working and the keys didn't work. We had to go back down to have it reprogrammed.

During the event, the set up was so bland. The food was dry and even more bland. Smoke was coming out of the chafing dishes that our eyes stung while we were getting our food. The appetizers were better than the meal itself.

Our other companions who were assigned rooms on the 11th floor did say their rooms were better.

The breakfast was better and had a wide variety to choose from. So that was an okay in my book.

I do hope they make more changes and renovations.

Room Tip: If you are indeed a non-smoker, make sure you specifically ask for it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business