“A wonderful Wedding”

Ranked #11 of 90 Hotels in Cebu City
Rochester, New York
“A wonderful Wedding”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We had our wedding reception in Waterfront Lahug Cebu City alost 6 years ago and everything is well organized and fabulous.

We took the biggest room suite they have and it really accomodate us as what we needed. The other room is a master bedroom which the bride and groom stayed and overnight my mother in law and mother stayed in the second room with a two single bed in there...

The wedding preparation is wonderful and the food is amazing as we selected the buffet! All my guests and friends can't stop telling me how they love the selection and choices but its me who couldn't ride of what their talking about coz was not able to tastes them as our life is busy! LoL

You won't be dissapointed with their food here and if you like to do a wedding reception too!

Overall a wonderful wedding celebration that everyone went home with a full stomach and contented of what they ate :)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Cebu, Philippines
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I have a very high expectation for this hotel, unfortunately it never meets. Im so disappointed with the super crowded weekend nights at the lobby. Its good the lady waitress was very nice and the food was very quick in the lobby lounge. Well, I like the newly renovated lobby. The rooms not what I expected to be. I think nothing compares to other lower prices hotels here in cebu. They should renovate or re design their rooms. The pool was very bad, while we were having lunch there, my boyfriend smell something not good. I didnt notice it, but while we were sunbathing, i smell already, very terible. Its like a waste in the bathroom/comfort room. Even the staff noticed it..Terrible hotel. The management did not notice it?
The pool area is not impressive. The breakfast also, for me Its not that good and impressive.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2013

This hotel is impressive. Food and drink offer good value for money,

Its a 5 star hotel with 5 service. Friendly staff really help.

Nice location would recommend it as you actually can walk outside this hotel

Room Tip: High is better for street noise
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 21 April 2013

If you'll be on a business trip and the office you'll go to is in Cebu IT Park, Waterfront is conveniently just across the street. Perfect for a couple of minutes dozing off before you actually have to get up and get ready for work. Breakfast buffet is really good (so is most of the food the hotel offers). Concierge, Room service, Housekeeping, cab attendants are superb. Front desk (except for Ms. Ritzi, who provides excellent customer service) and other lobby staff can improve. Hotel wifi is reliable and works most of the time. It only failed me twice in my one-month stay. I also find the rooms comfy.

Room Tip: Choose rooms with light-colored furniture. And if you're okay with a smoking floor, odd-numbered...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I stayed in Waterfront last week in Room 1512. They are offering now a promo for just 3600 good for an overnight stay for 2 pax with buffet breakfast. The room amenities are still the same from the last time i checked-in 3 years ago. The room is nice and clean, A/C works good, their TV upgraded to smart flat screen TV which is a plus point, the bathroom is clean, WI-FI access is fast even in the pool area. Their pool is nice too and you can't even smell the chlorine in the water. Pool attendants are very hospitable and even their receptionists are accommodating. Buffet breakfast is superb at UNO.
One of the best hotel in Cebu City.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Every time we go to Cebu, Waterfront Lahug is the first hotel that comes to our mind because of the homey feel of their room and their sumptuous breakfast. However, this time, it was different. When we arrived at the hotel, we were impressed because of their newly constructed lobby. It has a more luxurious feel. Checking in was a breeze, the bell man helped us with our luggage but it seems like he was just forced to do it and didn't even bother to smile and when we arrived in our room, we were in shock. The room is very very old and musty. I mean, they still have the old TV. Because we can't bear with the room, we decided to have a room upgrade. I tried to call the front desk, but no one's answering, so we had to go down. Rates were shown to us and we decided to the ambassador room by adding approximately $98, hoping that the room would be better. The room itself is not that impressive. Again, ancient and musty. Difference is that the TV is flat screen, and we were expecting the bathroom to be bigger, but no, it has the same size with our original room. Regarding their TV, I don't know if the remote is the problem or their cable box because it has been hard for us switching channels. With the ambassador room, we were given full access to the ambassador club which has overflowing drinks all day and cocktails from 5-7pm. We tried to have cocktails on our 1st night and nothing was served because we were the only ones occupying that floor. We were then asked what we wanted to have and we were given a "complimentary dinner." A pizza and a plate of pasta. It was okay, and the guy who was serving is really nice. However, the next day, we decided to have cocktails again but there's nobody there in the club area. Very disappointing.

With their breakfast spread, comparing our experience before, they had more choices back then than now. The hot chocolate that we loved was also different. But their service is quite okay compared before.

I guess this hotel focused too much attention on their lobby than their rooms. They should refurnish their rooms because it is really outdated. And before, in taking cabs, it would be right outside the lobby, but now, you have to go down to the lower lobby to take a cab, which is a very long walk. Indeed, I am very disappointed.

The only great thing about this hotel is their location. It's quite near Ayala Center Cebu, and it usually costs P50 for a cab ride. It is also near IT Park which has a lot of restaurants.

Overall, I am not impressed with this hotel. And I will definitely not go back here for future stays.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Fremont
Reviewed 16 April 2013

i always stay here everytime i vacay to cebu. the rooms are now a bit outdated and needs renovation IMHO. the casino was undergoing construction so maybe some renovation is already underway. the front desk staff were very friendly and so are the greeters/guards at the front lobby. the duty free shop is very convenient. the only bad experience was guard at the lower floor. he's somewhat of an idiot or maybe hotel management told him not to allow certain things to be brought in the hotel in a plastic bag. how could he not allow a guest to bring local foods like dried mango to his room. yes, i like dried mangoes and so does my family in the states and they wanted me to bring some back to the states. idiot. i was pissed. needless to say, i ignored his dumb act in trying to stop me from bringing local food for which they (cebuanos) should be proud of. wtf was he going to do, tackle me? if this is hotel management's policy, shame on you.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Mandarin Plaza Hotel
Mandarin Plaza Hotel
#13 of 90 in Cebu City
Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan

Been to Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!